Author Topic: Netanyahu's speech to Congress 3/3/15  (Read 29710 times)

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Netanyahu's speech to Congress 3/3/15
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2015, 09:10:58 PM »
Meh.

I'm assuming we're talking about the jihadists.  If so, they only hide (at whatever time you're talking about) because it furthers their goal of orchestrating a larger attack in the future.

Can't kill others if you're dead yourself. Common jihadi sense.

Incorrect. Suicide bombers are the lowest in the food chain. Do you think that Hamas's Khaled Mashal would strap a bomb to himslef? You believe that the now dead Arafat would put himself in harms way? Do you think that the Mullahs of Iran want to die?

This is nonsense. They send others to die for political and financial gain. They themselves are living the good life.

When was the last time any Islamic or arab government waged war on Israel in an official capacity? The last I can recall any such attack was in 1991 with SCUD missiles (a sore-losing attempt) and the last I recall boots on the ground was 1973

All attacks since then are done by proxy.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2015, 09:16:35 PM »
Incorrect. Suicide bombers are the lowest in the food chain. Do you think that Hamas's Khaled Mashal would strap a bomb to himslef? You believe that the now dead Arafat would put himself in harms way? Do you think that the Mullahs of Iran want to die?

This is nonsense. They send others to die for political and financial gain. They themselves are living the good life.

When was the last time any Islamic or arab government waged war on Israel in an official capacity? The last I can recall any such attack was in 1991 with SCUD missiles (a sore-losing attempt) and the last I recall boots on the ground was 1973

All attacks since then are done by proxy.
I love people who refute arguments with single one word answers like, "incorrect," as if vested with the with the authority of Gd Almighty.

In any event, at the risk of being repetitive, allow me to requote something which your above post implies you overlooked:

Easy enough to answer, at least for them.

There always needs to be a head to the dragon. Without a head, there is no coordinated body movements, just impotent flailings.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »
To the undecided,  i think he made a very powerful positive impression.
How many non-Jews you think even watched the speech? I guarantee you not one person at my work will even mention this speech.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2015, 09:23:41 PM »
How many non-Jews you think even watched the speech? I guarantee you not one person at my work will even mention this speech.
You work with all non-Jews?

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2015, 09:26:04 PM »
NY Post thinks he hit a grand slam http://nyp.st/1EgSkhh

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2015, 09:26:14 PM »

Plenty of non Jews at my work watched.

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »
I am going to share my highly unpopular opinion here.

Iran is going to go ahead with their nuclear program no matter what. The Iranian government are a bunch of ruthless thugs, but the country as a whole is technologically advanced. Nuclear bombs are OLD technology, and you can't stop a fully functioning country from developing them.

Iran has taken precautions to assure that bombing their reactors from the air is virtually impossible. Injecting viruses into their software can slow it down, but can't bring it to a stop. Putting boots on the ground in Iran is not going to happen. There is no way congress will approve boots on the ground unless Iran launches an actual attack.

This leaves us with sanctions. Sanctions won't stop their nuclear development, and even if they agree to stop, there is absolutely no way to know if they have really stopped. (And chances are that they won't.)

However, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, because I believe that at worst the Israel-Iran relationship will be much like the U.S.-Russia relationship, cold peace based on mutually assured destruction.
I fully agree with you.

Netanyahu gave a wonderful speech but I don't believe that even he has a plan of how to make them give up their pursuit of nuclear weapons,

the military option is not happening & open ended sanctions will simply not be observed by the world

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2015, 09:39:07 PM »
I fully agree with you.

Netanyahu gave a wonderful speech but I don't believe that even he has a plan of how to make them give up their pursuit of nuclear weapons,

the military option is not happening & open ended sanctions will simply not be observed by the world
Unfortunately military option may be the only option, but needs full Support from the US and with this president it won't happen, I don't know how much longer you can listen to a country regarding wiping you off of the map!

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2015, 09:59:08 PM »
All the aid and knowing the US would step in to help if they were attacked I think qualifies as protecting Israel at some level. OK help me out here. What is Israel's end game and how do they accomplish it?
If Iran attacks Israel with nuclear weapons, the US wouldn't be able to help anymore.

Offline Matovu

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond,
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2015, 10:00:45 PM »
Guys cut it out.

Today was a brilliant political stunt by a candidate running for public office in 2 weeks. This speach was all about politics from A to Z, no plan for Iran, zero, just a political stunt.

And whoever utters another serious word about the speach without acknowledging this, sounds like a bafoon and is going to make me vomit.

CM, and the rest of you, come to my shteibel to study tonight, i'll show you our real TV pundits discussing the serious issues, how to sanction the hell out of Iran, and how they all have plans on the table how to deal with Iran.

Plus for extra credit some Obama bashing courtesy of too much Hamodia reading. Amazing stuff.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2015, 10:02:56 PM »
Guys cut it out.

Today was a brilliant political stunt by a candidate running for public office in 2 weeks. This speach was all about politics from A to Z, no plan for Iran, zero, just a political stunt.

And whoever utters another serious word about the speach without acknowledging this, sounds like a bafoon and is going to make me vomit.

CM, and the rest of you, come to my shteibel to study tonight, i'll show you our real TV pundits discussing the serious issues, how to sanction the hell out of Iran, and how they all have plans on the table how to deal with Iran.

Plus for extra credit some Obama bashing courtesy of too much Hamodia reading. Amazing stuff.
::)

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2015, 10:09:06 PM »
Guys cut it out.

lol.  ;D

Offline Matovu

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond,
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2015, 10:12:13 PM »
lol.  ;D

I just can't stand sane people discussing a mute topic as if they are commentators for the Fox News Channel.
Get real, a hot air balloon speach.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2015, 10:19:51 PM »
I just can't stand sane people discussing a mute topic...
For a mute it's making quite a bit of noise...

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2015, 10:25:46 PM »
For a mute it's making quite a bit of noise...
You're nasty.  ;D I was gonna let the typo slide, lest I sound pedantic.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2015, 10:27:40 PM »
Has any Israeli PM so brazenly fought against a sitting US president outside of military actions? This speech may not have had that intention to start out with, but once BO spoke out against it, Netanyahu should have backed out.

The fact that he exploited a partisan split in the US threatens to weaken his very own stated fact that supporting Israel has always been a non-partisan issue. Now it's becoming very much partisan.

And to CM: America's support of Israel has never been wholly selfless. Throughout the cold war and beyond, America maintained a strong interest in having an ally in the region, so as to prevent the soviets, and now the islamists, from taking over the entire middle east.

Even Carter, the most anti Israel president of all, gave Israel arms and aid to help keep the soviets at bay. One could make the argument that in the same way the soviets used the Arabs as proxies to show off their military might, the US did and does the same with Israel.

Though yes, you are American first, and support of Israel should be secondary- at most- to you. To most of us here, the life and survival of Israel and her people come first and foremost. And that in no way diminishes the immense gratitude we have to America and her people.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM »
You're nasty.  ;D I was gonna let the typo slide, lest I sound pedantic.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2015, 10:30:26 PM »
Wow, he got on my nerves too! But it's only because I didn't get his jokes when everybody else did.

Offline JoeCha

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club, Expedia+ Silver
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2015, 10:33:06 PM »
open ended sanctions will simply not be observed by the world
History of the past few years tells me otherwise.
"There is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others" ― William Faulkner

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2015, 11:01:53 PM »

Has any Israeli PM so brazenly fought against a sitting US president outside of military actions? This speech may not have had that intention to start out with, but once BO spoke out against it, Netanyahu should have backed out.

The fact that he exploited a partisan split in the US threatens to weaken his very own stated fact that supporting Israel has always been a non-partisan issue. Now it's becoming very much partisan.

And to CM: America's support of Israel has never been wholly selfless. Throughout the cold war and beyond, America maintained a strong interest in having an ally in the region, so as to prevent the soviets, and now the islamists, from taking over the entire middle east.

Even Carter, the most anti Israel president of all, gave Israel arms and aid to help keep the soviets at bay. One could make the argument that in the same way the soviets used the Arabs as proxies to show off their military might, the US did and does the same with Israel.

Though yes, you are American first, and support of Israel should be secondary- at most- to you. To most of us here, the life and survival of Israel and her people come first and foremost. And that in no way diminishes the immense gratitude we have to America and her people.

1. Prime ministers of Israel have acted in brazen disregard of US presidents time and time again. Eshkol with the six day war and Begin with the Lebanon invasion come to mind.

2. Prime ministers of Israel have used the partisan in American politics time and time again for their benefit. If I had the "Prime Ministers" I would quote what Rabin said on this subject when he was ambassador to US, but you'll have to look it up yourself.

3. Who on earth ever said it was selfless???

4. I wouldn't say the survival of Israel comes first and formost. Like Netanyahu said today, it's not an Israeli issue as much as a Jewish issue. Iran will not stop at annihilating Israel.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD