Author Topic: Filing complaint under somebody's account  (Read 7565 times)

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Filing complaint under somebody's account
« on: March 03, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »
If sombody stays under your account and complains and gets points who's are they?  I am Hyatt diamond so when I do complain usually they listen and give very nice compensation. It seems they also stop listening to you if you complain to much (think I saw thought on FT) and will stop offering compensation. I feel that the person, A. Had no right to complain under my account and B. He only got such a large compensation because I'm a diamond member. We both gained from him staying under my account. I got a stay and 2k points. He got breakfast, suite and late checkout. Thoughts?

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Filing complaint under somebody's account
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 06:27:57 PM »
You would have to be able to prove that his compensation somehow will diminish your future compensation, but since that is pure speculation, this seems to be a clear case of zeh nehene v'zeh LO chaseir.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 07:18:23 PM »
You would have to be able to prove that his compensation somehow will diminish your future compensation, but since that is pure speculation, this seems to be a clear case of zeh nehene v'zeh LO chaseir.
but at the same time he never had a right to the OPs account. So why does the OP now have to give him access to his account. It is an interesting question.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:20:45 PM »
but at the same time he never had a right to the OPs account. So why does the OP now have to give him access to his account. It is an interesting question.

OP already gave his friend access to his account! It's done and over already. He did it to get the credit for the stay as well as 2k points!

Offline whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »
OP already gave his friend access to his account! It's done and over already. He did it to get the credit for the stay as well as 2k points!
I'm assuming the friend wants access again in the future to use the points that he got as comp? why should he have to provide access a second time

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »
I did not give access to my account at any time to this person. They askede for a favor which I happily obliged because of the above reasons. I do not plan on giving this person future access. If anything I would just book it for them. They just want to use it as a free stay so I would not gain from that.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 07:33:44 PM »
According to this logic: How would you feel if I started booking all my stays under your diamond account and complaining and getting points w/o your permission!? You have nothing to lose..

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 07:33:46 PM »

I think it's a pretty safe bet that there is an inversely proportional ratio to complaining:receiving compensation.

See, Northwest, Inc. v. Ginsberg, 134 S. Ct. 142.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »
I think it's a pretty safe bet that there is an inversely proportional ratio to complaining:receiving compensation.

Was thinking that. I do recall reading a article which said Hyatt labels the account and if they feel like your abusing they know not to even bother.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 07:35:45 PM »
I'm assuming the friend wants access again in the future to use the points that he got as comp? why should he have to provide access a second time
Yeah, no kidding. OP knows he CAN do that. He's asking what he SHOULD do.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 07:38:10 PM »

Then according to you the question is not should OP's friend be entitled to the compensation but rather should OP's friend even be allowed to complain in the first place?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 07:44:13 PM »
Was thinking that. I do recall reading a article which said Hyatt labels the account and if they feel like your abusing they know not to even bother.

I'm sure it's not just Hyatt. Any logical business probably does the same.

Then according to you the question is not should OP's friend be entitled to the compensation but rather should OP's friend even be allowed to complain in the first place?

Personally, I don't think it would be appropriate to complain if staying as a guest without first getting permission of the AH.  To my mind, it absolutely counts as a "strike" against the account.

That being said, it is the guest who experienced the purportedly subpar treatment, not the AH.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 07:59:25 PM »
I do think he had no right to complain especially because he was doing it in my name. My qustion really is now that it's done.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 08:04:42 PM »
I do think he had no right to complain especially because he was doing it in my name. My qustion really is now that it's done.
Is it "especially because"? What other reasons are there? Yesh nafka mina.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »
Is it "especially because"? What other reasons are there? Yesh nafka mina.
The way I see it is as follows. I do you a favor, yes I do gain but nonetheless a favor, by putting it under my account you understand that everything, meaning stay credits benefits etc, is mine. What you get is my diamond benefits. You therefore forfeit the rights to get any other benefits such as complain and receive compensation because it's under my account. That's reason 1. Reason 2 is simple, not only are you complaining etc you are using my name and my account to do it!! You are misrepresenting yourself as me, I did not give you the right to do that. I can if I decide to let you use my name and misrepresent yourself as me but that is totally at my discretion. Just because your stay is under my account does not in anyway give you full unfiltered access to my diamond account.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 08:53:25 PM »
The way I see it is as follows. I do you a favor, yes I do gain but nonetheless a favor, by putting it under my account you understand that everything, meaning stay credits benefits etc, is mine. What you get is my diamond benefits. You therefore forfeit the rights to get any other benefits such as complain and receive compensation because it's under my account. That's reason 1. Reason 2 is simple, not only are you complaining etc you are using my name and my account to do it!! You are misrepresenting yourself as me, I did not give you the right to do that. I can if I decide to let you use my name and misrepresent yourself as me but that is totally at my discretion. Just because your stay is under my account does not in anyway give you full unfiltered access to my diamond account.

Please.

Don't delude yourself that this is a favor. This is a quid pro quo exchange.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 08:56:12 PM »
Please.

Don't delude yourself that this is a favor. This is a quid pro quo exchange.
Disagree 100%. The amount I gain is really not worth the risk at all. Right now I am diamond until 2016. I have no reason to start booking people under my account yet, unless it's a 5 night stay or more ;).

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 08:58:22 PM »
But you see how in these two sentences you contradict yourself, yes? If not, then how/where do you draw the line?

IOW it's hard to be sympathetic to your complaint that someone misrepresented himself as you after you already gladly allowed him to misrepresent himself as you.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 08:59:24 PM »
Disagree 100%. The amount I gain is really not worth the risk at all. Right now I am diamond until 2016. I have no reason to start booking people under my account yet, unless it's a 5 night stay or more ;).

Risk? What risk?

You book him under your account, you get the stays, the points, the further good will of HGP, etc.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 09:04:14 PM »
But you see how in these two sentences you contradict yourself, yes? If not, then how/where do you draw the line?

IOW it's hard to be sympathetic to your complaint that someone misrepresented himself as you after you already gladly allowed him to misrepresent himself as you.
Gladly is a little strong. The line is simple. Go to the hotel get a suite, get early and late checkout and get breakfast besides that you get nothing.