Author Topic: Norwegian Air  (Read 34853 times)

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Norwegian Air
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2019, 09:38:59 PM »
Anyway to get a kosher meal within 72hrs of a Norwegian flight? Called and chatted with them, got nowhere. Additionally they all claimed it's not possible to speak to the supervisor...

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2019, 10:20:07 PM »
Anyway to get a kosher meal within 72hrs of a Norwegian flight? Called and chatted with them, got nowhere. Additionally they all claimed it's not possible to speak to the supervisor...
Booked online?

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2019, 10:32:17 PM »
Booked online?
Yes. Book the cheapest flight and did an upgrade today to premium (65 hrs to the flight). They auto added a meal, and I immediately tried to call and chat but they claimed that it can't be done within 72 hrs.

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2019, 10:58:50 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. This is a quick note to let you know that we've received your inquiry and it's been assigned the following reference number:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you need to send us any extra information, you can reply to this email and attach any documents - it's best not to send a reminder to this address as it can unfortunately slow our handling process down.

We do our best to answer all inquiries promptly, but if your issue is urgent we recommend you give our Contact Centre a call so we can help you as quickly as we can.

Thanks again for contacting Norwegian; we'll get back to you as soon as we've finalized your request.

Best regards,
Norwegian
Response (25/12/2018 11:08)
Dear ad120,

Thank you for contacting Norwegian. We apologise for the time it has taken to respond and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments to us. We value the importance of receiving feedback from our passengers as this helps us to monitor and improve the services we provide. In this instance it is disappointing to learn that our service did not meet your expectations. Rest assured, your comments will be passed on to our Management Team.

Upon inspecting your booking I can see that you have already been in contact with one of our agents by phone and that there was issued a refund of the food. Normally refunds from Norwegian are completed within seven business days, and the amount will be refunded back to the same account that was charged upon reservation of the booking.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you onboard a Norwegian flight when you next choose to travel.

Kind regards,
Henning
Norwegian Kontaktsenter

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2019, 11:00:59 PM »
Response (25/12/2018 11:08)
Dear ad120,

Thank you for contacting Norwegian. We apologise for the time it has taken to respond and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments to us. We value the importance of receiving feedback from our passengers as this helps us to monitor and improve the services we provide. In this instance it is disappointing to learn that our service did not meet your expectations. Rest assured, your comments will be passed on to our Management Team.

Upon inspecting your booking I can see that you have already been in contact with one of our agents by phone and that there was issued a refund of the food. Normally refunds from Norwegian are completed within seven business days, and the amount will be refunded back to the same account that was charged upon reservation of the booking.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you onboard a Norwegian flight when you next choose to travel.

Kind regards,
Henning
Norwegian Kontaktsenter
The food refund that was issued was because I was charged twice for food. The agent therefore refunded me for just one of the two meal charges. One meal charge was charged at the time of booking. A second charge was charged when I switched the meal to Kosher. The second charge should have never occurred. I therefore contacted your call center to inform them. The agent told me that I shouldn't have been charged and apologized for the error. He then proceeded to refund me ONLY for the meal charges that were an error and NOT for the meal charge that I was charged when I booked my flight.  This refund was given PRIOR to my flight.

When I boarded my flight to Dublin I was expecting a kosher meal considering it was paid for. There was however no kosher meal on board for me. I therefore am requesting a refund for the meal charges that I was charged when I booked my flight plus the credit card processing fee that I incurred for the meal.

Thank You In Advance
ad120

ETA: Notice how I made may statements very clear and idiot proof.

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2019, 11:02:03 PM »
The food refund that was issued was because I was charged twice for food. The agent therefore refunded me for just one of the two meal charges. One meal charge was charged at the time of booking. A second charge was charged when I switched the meal to Kosher. The second charge should have never occurred. I therefore contacted your call center to inform them. The agent told me that I shouldn't have been charged and apologized for the error. He then proceeded to refund me ONLY for the meal charges that were an error and NOT for the meal charge that I was charged when I booked my flight.  This refund was given PRIOR to my flight.

When I boarded my flight to Dublin I was expecting a kosher meal considering it was paid for. There was however no kosher meal on board for me. I therefore am requesting a refund for the meal charges that I was charged when I booked my flight plus the credit card processing fee that I incurred for the meal.

Thank You In Advance
ad120

ETA: Notice how I made may statements very clear and idiot proof.
Response (26/12/2018 11:36)
Dear ad120,

Thank you for your swift reply, clarifying the situation more in depth.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and have now issued a refund for the food reservation.  Again please note that refunds from Norwegian are normally completed within seven business days, and you will be refunded back to the same account that was charged when the booking was processed.

Kind regards,
Henning
Norwegian Kontaktsenter

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2019, 11:02:50 PM »
As you can see, it takes them forever to get back to you.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2019, 11:05:07 PM »
As you can see, it takes them forever to get back to you.
🤦

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2019, 11:08:52 PM »
Nu, how was your flight? Thinking about booking with them for a 1.5 day trip to EY for a wedding. No need for luggage, will bring my own food and if it's not a full flight, seats aren't too important.
Flight was okay as long as you have an empty seat next to you. You should probably bring a neck rest because the head rest is pretty non existent.
I Flew out on a Wednesday night so I was able to connect with Blue Air with plenty of hours to spare.
As per SWF, really convenient.

Offline ItzikF

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »
Booked a flight with Norwegian from MCO-CDG. Was supposed to leave 7:15 pm and land 9:55 am next day. Booked another flight leaving CDG-TLV at 12:55 pm. Just got an email that my flight was changed to 8:30 pm and lands at 11:10 am which makes catching the 2nd flight impossible (immigration, customs baggage, check-in etc;). Because the change was more than an hour i got the option to change or refund my Norwegian ticket. Does Norwegian have to refund me for the 2nd flight even though it AirFrance and not through them?
Thank You

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2019, 05:50:00 PM »
Booked a flight with Norwegian from MCO-CDG. Was supposed to leave 7:15 pm and land 9:55 am next day. Booked another flight leaving CDG-TLV at 12:55 pm. Just got an email that my flight was changed to 8:30 pm and lands at 11:10 am which makes catching the 2nd flight impossible (immigration, customs baggage, check-in etc;). Because the change was more than an hour i got the option to change or refund my Norwegian ticket. Does Norwegian have to refund me for the 2nd flight even though it AirFrance and not through them?
Thank You
Probably not

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2019, 11:54:06 PM »
Probably Definitely not
FTFY
That is the risk you take when you self connect.

Offline shimino1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2019, 03:29:43 AM »
Thank You
Not a chance!

Offline jojo-nj

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2019, 08:12:32 PM »
I just came back from Israel on Norwegian Air via FCO to EWR. I booked 3 one way tickets in NOK and saved a significant amount of $$, don't recall exact amount. Only problem with that is that all the email notifications were in Norweigian. I paid extra for advanced seats and luggage as well as KSML. Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Flight from TLV to FCO was on an old 737, no meals served and you have to pay for drinks, $3 each. Stopover in Rome was about 2.5 hours. Flight from FCO to EWR was on new Dreamliner, very comfortable even for me, not a small person. KSML was from Rome and was pretty good. Hot meal was goulash and rice, snack was deli. Drinks were served with the meal, but otherwise it was $3 each. Flight arrived EWR early.

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2019, 01:23:20 PM »
Do TA's still have the ability to book Norwegian for the same price & get free meals + seating?

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2019, 02:01:41 PM »
Do TA's still have the ability to book Norwegian for the same price & get free meals + seating?
They still get 2 checked bags, meals and seats, was never the same price though.

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2019, 09:53:18 AM »
They still get 2 checked bags, meals and seats, was never the same price though.
so whats the advantage of booking with TA?  we can also get bags, meals etc if we pay more

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2019, 09:59:52 AM »
so whats the advantage of booking with TA?  we can also get bags, meals etc if we pay more
It should be cheaper than "lowfare +" and it includes two bags instead of one.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2019, 10:33:32 AM »

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=48636.0

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2019, 12:30:27 PM »
It should be cheaper than "lowfare +" and it includes two bags instead of one.

so is there an advantage of using a TA if you are just buying the basic lowest fare with no bags etc...?