Author Topic: chase SHUT all my accounts  (Read 24476 times)

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: chase SHUT all my accounts
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 09:45:55 AM »
whats to fear ? people are gonna be haters let them, no need to let it effect you.
Hey welcome back! My feelings exactly.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 09:46:23 AM »
I thinks he was being facetious.

This new thread naziism has really gotten out of hand. There are more posts bumping up redundant threads  because of this than the actual posts themselves
You're using a lot of big words I'm not sure which way you mean what you say. It is funny though how much debate people have about whether something deserves a new thread. It's one of the fundamental questions each person must ask himself.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 09:48:21 AM »
whats to fear ? people are gonna be haters let them, no need to let it effect you.
Hey welcome back! My feelings exactly.
We are all haters here and never help anyone.  ::)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 09:52:36 AM »
We are all haters here and never help anyone.  ::)
Well I do admit posting links with the right thread is helpful but not as helpful as you could be by doing it nicely if you know what I'm saying  ;):

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 09:58:13 AM »
Well I do admit posting links with the right thread is helpful but not as helpful as you could be by doing it nicely if you know what I'm saying  ;):
How is this for nice? The OP probably opened to many cards to soon and Chase got spooked. Not much to do at this point.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 09:59:40 AM »
How is this for nice? The OP probably opened to many cards to soon and Chase got spooked. Not much to do at this point.
Yes that's true but what's that got to do with being nice?

Offline lyla

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 10:01:20 AM »
You obviously have NO IDEA how helpful "the elders" have been on DDF if you can post such a comment!

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »
You obviously have NO IDEA how helpful "the elders" have been on DDF if you can post such a comment!
Of course I have an idea. All I'm saying is that sometimes people get snappy when others start new threads (who don't know better) instead of handling it nicely. But enough of this it's getting OT and it's going be have to be moved to JS if we keep this up  :).

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 03:59:12 AM »
But enough of this it's getting OT and it's going be have to be moved to JS if we keep this up  :).
Then your post count might drop  :'(

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2015, 10:53:17 AM »
Then your post count might drop  :'(
Yes and that would lead to dire consequences like losing my White House free nights status or my Secret Service Platinum Elite detail.

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 06:11:51 PM »
Welcome to DDF. Let me show you around. I'm Yitzy and I'm pretty new here myself, but I did do intensive exploration before I dared post my first post. I quickely learned that here at DDF there are threads about everything, from where to buy colored toilet paper, to what to do if Chase closes your accounts (which we call by its sophisticated name, Chase A/A or Adverse Action). Please feel free to look around, and ask any questions you wish, but perhaps do so in a preexisting thread, preferably in the Beginners section. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your Purim.

IMHO, YitzyS deserves some honorary stars for this post. IMHO.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 06:28:01 PM »
I definitely agree! How about you donate one of your many stars to him looks like you can afford it  ;).

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 10:26:17 AM »
I definitely agree! How about you donate one of your many stars to him looks like you can afford it  ;).

+1
I would donate a star, and I don't even a have that many to begin with!

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »
+1

that makes it all the more meaningful

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »
+1
Ok I'm setting up a star collection box. All proceeds go to YitzyS. All those interested please PM with the number and type (yellow or blue) of star you'd like to donate.  :)

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 12:00:58 PM »
Maybe he should get a special box like mickeyg

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 12:11:05 PM »
+1
that makes it all the more meaningful
Ok I'm setting up a star collection box. All proceeds go to YitzyS. All those interested please PM with the number and type (yellow or blue) of star you'd like to donate.  :)
I am moved beyond words. All I did was try to say a point to a newcomer in a gentle and humorous way. I didn't know that it would cause such a outpouring of nice words. I truly appreciate every one of your posts. Thanks!

Offline HDS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 12:33:16 PM »
I'm sure the OP (if they are even still bothering with this thread) is very pleased about the star collection box, since it helps them so very much. Yes yes, they should have posted in a different, preexisting thread, but they posted in pain, after all, so I will respond.

I would say that the first thing to do is take a deep breath. No need to list all your troubles like the ten sons of Haman.

Then, assess the actual damage. If you always paid on time, as you said, hopefully there will not be a huge financial impact to you in the short term by having your accounts closed. There may be a few automated payments they set up that they will have to reroute to other cards or cancel. Hopefully you did not keep ALL of your money in Chase, and any balances you do have with Chase they will eventually refund you. I don't know about the impact to your credit report from having a bank shut you down, but you should look into that. It might be worthwhile for you to get some honest, paid help to work on your credit report, but others on the forums can certainly advise you about that better than I can.

Other than that, the damage is really the lucrative future potential earnings from opening and MSing Chase cards. This potential is significant, so you should definitely pursue a clear understanding from Chase as to what happened, and what they think about your activities. Go to branches, call, HUCA, HUCA again, write letters, do what you have to do to get a clear answer. This will take time and effort on your part. Be patient, and above all be professional. Go to branches calmly and dressed formally. Be clear and articulate in all of your communications. Emphasize your longstanding relationship with them (if you have one) and that you are a gainfully employed person (if you are one) with firm roots in your community, own a home, etc. (if you do). Your persistent contact with them, verifying your identity whenever asked, etc. - rather than running and hiding - and patiently making these points demonstrate that you are not laundering drug money or doing other actually nefarious activities (assuming you aren't).

If the closures really are permanent, and the damage is irreversible, it deserves a moment of silence. Maybe even a week of shiva is appropriate - I'm only half joking, it's Chase, after all!

Many of us have been shut down from something we've enjoyed using profitably and it definitely hurts. It sounds like a cliche, but with a little time and perspective, you will recover, trust me. If you stay in the game, you'll hopefully be a little wiser and more careful. If you get out, and find a different hobby, there is no shame in that at all.

In this game, all good things tend to come crashing to a halt eventually, be it by closure, devaluation, merger, publicity, rule change, uncooperative employees, etc. etc. Know the risks going in, reassess the risks periodically, don't risk more than you can afford, enjoy the ride while it lasts... and get out and live life outside of the hobby to put it all in perspective.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 03:02:15 PM »
If the closures really are permanent, and the damage is irreversible, it deserves a moment of silence. Maybe even a week of shiva is appropriate - I'm only half joking, it's Chase, after all!

Many of us have been shut down from something we've enjoyed using profitably and it definitely hurts. It sounds like a cliche, but with a little time and perspective, you will recover, trust me. If you stay in the game, you'll hopefully be a little wiser and more careful. If you get out, and find a different hobby, there is no shame in that at all.
If Chase let me back in twice already I am sure they will let you back in. Give it some time.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 03:05:25 PM »
If Chase let me back in twice already
They just couldn't resist.

Well said HDS