Author Topic: Acorns investments  (Read 7049 times)

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Acorns investments
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 02:45:27 PM »
$10 in 'found money' for $1 for 2 months of WSJ digital subscription.

Remember to cancel before $37.99 auto-renewal.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline EliyahuF

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2022, 12:41:33 PM »
I had an offer to invite 5 friends for $900 which I completed and confirmed with each of the 5 friends that they did all the required actions this way I'll get my bonus. Sure enough a few days later they reach out to me and say that one of my friends didn't meet all the required criteria and I will not receive the bonus. Of course everything is confidential so they can't even tell me which friend it is... Any idea what to do?         

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2022, 01:00:02 PM »
I had an offer to invite 5 friends for $900 which I completed and confirmed with each of the 5 friends that they did all the required actions this way I'll get my bonus. Sure enough a few days later they reach out to me and say that one of my friends didn't meet all the required criteria and I will not receive the bonus. Of course everything is confidential so they can't even tell me which friend it is... Any idea what to do?       
i had the same story a while back. I wonder if anyone actually gets it. Total fraud.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2022, 01:21:54 PM »
Report them to state AG, CFPB, BBB, FTC etc
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline CreativeGuy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2024, 01:11:43 AM »
I'm shocked that Acorns has received so little attention here. Their referral bonuses are literally insane (each week they offer a new bonus opportunity to everyone. It varies in amount of money and in amount of referrals). I just cashed out $1,039.73. I invested $5 when I signed up with someone link, then received a bonus of $5. After that, I got an offer to refer 4 people for $999! That's in addition to the $5 bonus per person. So I paid 4 people $100 each to do it. (All in all I made around $620). Now I just finished referring 4 people for a $1,111 bonus! You can make thousands of dollars in referral bonuses with them just with close family and friends. I will say that you must be meticulous in your instructions to the people using your referral link and almost baby them along the way to ensure they follow everything properly so that you qualify for the bonus and maintain that qualification until you get your bonus. I had an issue with one of the people I referred and had to fight Acorns and finally got a one time courtesy and they approved it. Lesson learned. So you need to be very careful and read all the fine print. Maybe if I have the energy I'll write up a very detailed list of terms and conditions you must follow and ensure your referrals follow. It's especially risky if you pay people to use your link because you don't want to lose money if you lose the bonus...so proceed with caution!!! Or just find people willing to do you a favor and go through all the hassle for free :)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 01:30:18 AM by CreativeGuy »

Offline googwallet

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2024, 09:23:59 PM »
I'm shocked that Acorns has received so little attention here. Their referral bonuses are literally insane (each week they offer a new bonus opportunity to everyone. It varies in amount of money and in amount of referrals). I just cashed out $1,039.73. I invested $5 when I signed up with someone link, then received a bonus of $5. After that, I got an offer to refer 4 people for $999! That's in addition to the $5 bonus per person. So I paid 4 people $100 each to do it. (All in all I made around $620). Now I just finished referring 4 people for a $1,111 bonus! You can make thousands of dollars in referral bonuses with them just with close family and friends. I will say that you must be meticulous in your instructions to the people using your referral link and almost baby them along the way to ensure they follow everything properly so that you qualify for the bonus and maintain that qualification until you get your bonus. I had an issue with one of the people I referred and had to fight Acorns and finally got a one time courtesy and they approved it. Lesson learned. So you need to be very careful and read all the fine print. Maybe if I have the energy I'll write up a very detailed list of terms and conditions you must follow and ensure your referrals follow. It's especially risky if you pay people to use your link because you don't want to lose money if you lose the bonus...so proceed with caution!!! Or just find people willing to do you a favor and go through all the hassle for free :)
Seems like a lot of work for a $620 bonus that you will be taxed on.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2024, 11:22:55 PM »
Find people to do it for $50..

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2024, 05:07:13 AM »
Acorns is Useless. And bad.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Offline CreativeGuy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2024, 03:08:25 PM »

Yeh it is. And a nerve-wracking. Thank G-d my second bonus is now in pending transfer without issues (unlike my first time). I think I might do one more time but after that cancel the app. It's a headache. Just hitting up the low hanging fruit in my life that I won't scare by asking them to do me a favor for pay.

It's good if someone is tight on cash and can use anything to help their financial situation.