Author Topic: anyone with exp with BOA removing negative item from credit report  (Read 3577 times)

Offline countrygirl

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Recently, my job transferred me to the west coast. I decided to take my BOA visa card that I have not used in a yr. It was on autopay when I had a balance but it has been zero balance for awhile. While checking my credit score I saw that it had dropped aprox 60 points so I did an annual creditreport check and saw that BOF have reported latepayment more than 30 days. I was shocked so I gave BOA a call who informed me that the card was no longer on autopay and that the late payment would be on my credit report for 7 yrs. I have excellent credit and a good relationship with BOA and the bank rep kept saying it over and over however when I asked her if she can remove my first negative item in 20 yrs-she responded something about its a state law and she cannot remove negative items. I don't know how true that is. Do you think I should try calling again and hoping to find a sympathetic rep or any suggestion about writing someone in hopes of having it removed? TIA

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: anyone with exp with BOA removing negative item from credit report
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 03:46:52 PM »

Recently, my job transferred me to the west coast. I decided to take my BOA visa card that I have not used in a yr. It was on autopay when I had a balance but it has been zero balance for awhile. While checking my credit score I saw that it had dropped aprox 60 points so I did an annual creditreport check and saw that BOF have reported latepayment more than 30 days. I was shocked so I gave BOA a call who informed me that the card was no longer on autopay and that the late payment would be on my credit report for 7 yrs. I have excellent credit and a good relationship with BOA and the bank rep kept saying it over and over however when I asked her if she can remove my first negative item in 20 yrs-she responded something about its a state law and she cannot remove negative items. I don't know how true that is. Do you think I should try calling again and hoping to find a sympathetic rep or any suggestion about writing someone in hopes of having it removed? TIA
did they cancel auto pay w/o your authorization ?
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline countrygirl

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 03:52:10 PM »
I don't think so  because I remember them taking automatic monthly payments out  of my checking acct and me having to call them and asking them to return payments to my checking acct. This was going on for over 10 months with a zero balance so I may have called to stop it-I don't remember at this time.

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »

I don't think so  because I remember them taking automatic monthly payments out  of my checking acct and me having to call them and asking them to return payments to my checking acct. This was going on for over 10 months with a zero balance so I may have called to stop it-I don't remember at this time.
you should definitely call again. I know Amex's policy is that one late payment they won't report. don't know about citi.

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 03:57:36 PM »
It's up to the bank's discretion whether or not to report to the bureaus. This is certainly the case with regular things (account opening, payment on time, etc.) and I'm quite certain it's with negative things too. So yes HUCA and see what you can do. For a one timer in 20 years you should be able to pull something off.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 04:09:05 PM »
Good Will Letter is the answer you are looking for.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline countrygirl

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 04:41:01 PM »
Good Will Letter is the answer you are looking for.
I will google for examples of Good Will Letters. Its a first for me but will update forum if and when anything happens. Thanks for the advise.

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 04:43:36 PM »

I will google for examples of Good Will Letters. Its a first for me but will update forum if and when anything happens. Thanks for the advise.
here is link http://credit.about.com/od/creditrepair/qt/Using-Goodwill-Letters-In-Credit-Repair.htm

Offline Josef.koney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 04:59:02 PM »
here is link http://credit.about.com/od/creditrepair/qt/Using-Goodwill-Letters-In-Credit-Repair.htm
My credit shot down wen I had a big balance one statement... I didn't realize that with amex the closing date fluctuates... u think that this would help?

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 05:11:42 PM »

My credit shot down wen I had a big balance one statement... I didn't realize that with amex the closing date fluctuates... u think that this would help?
can't hurt to try. I never heard about Amex having fluctuated closing date.

Offline doodley

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 05:41:07 PM »
  once missed a payment on a boa master card  and they removed after a few tries that i called

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 05:42:34 PM »
Yes absolutely-it depends on how many days in a month so the February statement, for example, closes early.

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
anyone with exp with BOA removing negative item from credit report
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 05:46:19 PM »
Yes absolutely-it depends on how many days in a month so the February statement, for example, closes early.
I had this weird issue with my Amex everyday preferred that my January statement closed on March 3 effectively giving me one statement for 2 months. ( made it easier to reach 30 transactions )

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 06:47:32 PM »
I had this weird issue with my Amex everyday preferred that my January statement closed on March 3 effectively giving me one statement for 2 months. ( made it easier to reach 30 transactions )
Did you just open it? When you open an AMEX card and change the statement date things get messed up.

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 08:37:26 PM »

Did you just open it? When you open an AMEX card and change the statement date things get messed up.
yes. That's exactly how it happened.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 08:58:46 PM »
yes. That's exactly how it happened.
Yep I opened a card in January and the statement just closed this past Thursday (I set the date for the 26th of February and that's what happened so go figure). It happened to me once before too-my first SPG statement closed after 60 days due to a date change.

Offline Josef.koney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 11:35:19 PM »
They said bc there was only 29 days in the month