Author Topic: Necker Island (Owned by Branson)  (Read 29044 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Necker Island (Owned by Branson)
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 02:52:47 PM »
To make a nighttime transfer for you?
Doubtful.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 02:54:10 PM »
Question is also with regards to checkout.
I think Id checkout Fri and spend Shabbos in SJU. Dont think youd be able to get anywhere leaving after Shabbos in Aug-Oct.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »
To make a nighttime transfer for you?
Doubtful.
Let you drop another 100,000 points for the extra night.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 03:09:39 PM »
I doubt they'll give you kosher food...
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 03:13:53 PM »

Maybe. Lets see what they tell me tomorrow..
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 03:33:24 PM »
Best they can do is bring in some packaged stuff from Pom or some airline meals. Are you expecting them to bring the OU down to kosher their kitchen etc.?

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 03:36:28 PM »
Best they can do is bring in some packaged stuff from Pom or some airline meals. Are you expecting them to bring the OU down to kosher their kitchen etc.?

YES!   :D

I don't know. Haven't used Virgin before and certainly not one of the most lavish reward bookings out there so I don't know what to expect. Where is AJK when you want some input on this type of stuff. AJK  - wanna do this after the Hopper? :)
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline Aj3042

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 07:51:27 PM »
Maybe make a week DO there. Only the 10 big-shots (biggest shots actually) who can afford to blow 1,200,000 will show. Then every everybody can talk all they want about all the best tricks not on DDF. It will definitely be an exclusive club. How's that for an idea?

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 11:55:47 PM »

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 01:49:22 AM »

Precisely. Which is why, even during several crazy moments today, I realized I would never plunk down the 1.2mm for the experience.

And I'm not talking about La Briute meals either. "Regular folk" who visit there get top-notch gourmet food. For about 175k/night, I'd want no less... Just kosher. And that ain't happening.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 04:26:43 AM »
Even with a 50% bonus on amex it's 800k, value at 1.5 that's 12k usd. For 12k for a week you can get a top top maldives resort and still have a lot of money left over.
With kosher food maybe it's worth it, big maybe...

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 04:31:06 AM »
Even with a 50% bonus on amex it's 800k, value at 1.5 that's 12k usd. For 12k for a week you can get a top top maldives resort and still have a lot of money left over.
With kosher food maybe it's worth it, big maybe...
But if you're doing it via VS CC sign ups (granted you have to include the opportunity cost), then the value is lower, and an MLE resort will charge you out the wazoo for diving and other serious water sports.

Plus, this is seemingly more 'exclusive'.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 07:51:52 AM »
It's definitely a really cool experience. Just can't justify the 1.2 million points without kosher food
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline JayR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »
It's definitely a really cool experience. Just can't justify the 1.2 million points without quality kosher food
ATFY
You can modify your original post. The modify button is right next to the quote button.

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 08:52:27 AM »
OK, here it goes:

Flights need to be booked separately and they will make sure to arrange pick up for you from the island.

Questions:

"All your trips start on Saturday, is there anyway to accommodate a different schedule?" 

It depends on the week you choose, Necker Island is very popular and due to many Sunday events we cant change it. However, for 2015 you can choose September 14th - September 21st (Monday - Monday) which is available and we can book for you.

"Is there any way for me to add on a day wether it is via miles or cash?"

Unfortunately it is not possible to add-on a given day to this trip.

"Which room am I eligible for with this reward booking?"

That would be the "great house". The bali houses and the master suit are not available. (Can I upgrade in anyway?) If available you could possibly upgrade to the Bali house but not to the master suit.

"How many people can stay at the resort"

We usually don't expect more then 3 per party but that depends on the given week and how many rooms are booked in the resort so it could potentially be more.

"Are there any additional costs I would incur?"

Yes. Spa treatments are extra. If you wanted to be transferred to the island with a helicopter instead of the boat that we offer that would incur extra cost and any water sports not listed as part of the package such as deep sea fishing.

"I have dietary restrictions. Can you accommodate those and guarantee lavish meals as I would expect from the resort otherwise?"

(disclaimer: She knew a lot about kosher kitchen etc. as she mentioned the entire island once being booked for a private occasion with kosher)

As we would need to buy new pots and pans etc. in order to accommodate your wishes there would be an extra charge. I will find out what that cost is and get back to you but once we go ahead with it we will guarantee meals that are reflective of our resort. (I specifically said that I am not interested in POM meals etc). In addition, once you book your trip we will ask for preferred wines so that we can order and import them in time for your arrival.

Overall it seemed like they really try to accommodate all of ones wishes. I will find out what the extra cost is and update accordingly. 
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 08:58:37 AM »
OK, here it goes:

Flights need to be booked separately and they will make sure to arrange pick up for you from the island.

Questions:

"All your trips start on Saturday, is there anyway to accommodate a different schedule?" 

It depends on the week you choose, Necker Island is very popular and due to many Sunday events we cant change it. However, for 2015 you can choose September 14th - September 21st (Monday - Monday) which is available and we can book for you.

"Is there any way for me to add on a day wether it is via miles or cash?"

Unfortunately it is not possible to add-on a given day to this trip.

"Which room am I eligible for with this reward booking?"

That would be the "great house". The bali houses and the master suit are not available. (Can I upgrade in anyway?) If available you could possibly upgrade to the Bali house but not to the master suit.

"How many people can stay at the resort"

We usually don't expect more then 3 per party but that depends on the given week and how many rooms are booked in the resort so it could potentially be more.

"Are there any additional costs I would incur?"

Yes. Spa treatments are extra. If you wanted to be transferred to the island with a helicopter instead of the boat that we offer that would incur extra cost and any water sports not listed as part of the package such as deep sea fishing.

"I have dietary restrictions. Can you accommodate those and guarantee lavish meals as I would expect from the resort otherwise?"

(disclaimer: She knew a lot about kosher kitchen etc. as she mentioned the entire island once being booked for a private occasion with kosher)

As we would need to buy new pots and pans etc. in order to accommodate your wishes there would be an extra charge. I will find out what that cost is and get back to you but once we go ahead with it we will guarantee meals that are reflective of our resort. (I specifically said that I am not interested in POM meals etc). In addition, once you book your trip we will ask for preferred wines so that we can order and import them in time for your arrival.

Overall it seemed like they really try to accommodate all of ones wishes. I will find out what the extra cost is and update accordingly. 
If only September 14th 2015 wasn't the first day of Rosh Hashana.....
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 09:00:05 AM »

i still think real kosher is not realistic.  chances are the event they had on the island was "kosher style"

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
such trivial details

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2015, 09:02:35 AM »

Main point was that they can and will try to accommodate and you can try and ask for a different date. But its not flat out no.

i still think real kosher is not realistic.  chances are the event they had on the island was "kosher style"

Possibly. I outlined what I would need as she did ask me if I am very strict and I said yes and explained what I would want (kosher kitchen etc). She said it is possible but would incur add. costs so Ill wait to see what they say in regards to that.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 09:04:37 AM »

i am sure you can get them in touch with organizations that you are comfortable with and they can arrange the details.

the fact that they mentioned getting new pots seems more than "kosher style" to me.