Author Topic: Why are people not willing to try the new BlackBerry?  (Read 16342 times)

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Why are people not willing to try the new BlackBerry?
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2015, 02:25:28 AM »
Anyway, I don't think he really uses it, he just carries it on his belt because it looks cool.
uhh, he's not a tuna beigel
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2015, 02:38:51 AM »
uhh, he's not a tuna beigel
It was a joke. But he only has about 10 numbers on it, and very limited email. no apps, no tecting, no bbm. and presumably when he's sitting at his desk he uses the computer and phone there. and he has a desk on his plane and in his car he has a phone and a computer as well.

Offline JoeCha

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club, Expedia+ Silver
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2015, 09:10:41 AM »
I've been with blackberry since the beginning..  I love blackberry. It's simply awesome. Have the q10
Well, you just said it why your opinion doesn't count: you've always been with BB.

Try an S5 for 2 months and then we can have a discussion.

Most of us android users had blackberry in the past and no one would consider going beck.
"There is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others" ― William Faulkner

Offline Einstein

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2015, 11:07:49 AM »
Well, you just said it why your opinion doesn't count: you've always been with BB.

Most of us android users had blackberry in the past and no one would consider going beck.
I switched back from a galaxy...much happier with the layout of everything, I honestly do wish that my blackberry was a little faster
If you think nobody cares about you... just forget to pay your credit card bill

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2015, 08:09:29 PM »

I work in a phone store... I still hold its better
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2015, 09:30:50 AM »
I work in a phone store... I still hold its better
The blackberry? It's horrible, slow and heavy. Apps don't work well at all and the UI is just Ollllld.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2015, 09:34:32 AM »
The blackberry? It's horrible, slow and heavy. Apps don't work well at all and the UI is just Ollllld.
But, but, but he works in a phone store! :D

Offline Einstein

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2015, 09:37:15 AM »
-1 I think the UI is laid out fantastically, the only thing is I wish the phones were a little more powerful

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
-1 I think the UI is laid out fantastically, the only thing is I wish the phones were a little more powerful
you seem to be in the minority with that opinion
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2015, 10:45:47 AM »
Did you try the new one?
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2015, 01:35:01 PM »
you seem to be in the minority with that opinion
I am in that minority too.  I think the UI is really solid.  But I have long since given up trying to convince people.  The truth is that iOS, Android, and BB10 all have their merits and shortcomings.  But BB will ultimately lose because they messed up early and have gotten their hardware up to date way too late in the game.  Its a marketing thing now and BB is going to lose that battle every time.  I almost feel like they would have been better off putting out BB10 under a new brand that didnt carry the weight of the name Blackberry.  It would have been a huge gamble (not automatically bringing their existing customer base) but they may have had a shot of appealing to new, younger customers as a new OS that does things better.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2015, 01:53:02 PM »
I am in that minority too.  I think the UI is really solid.  But I have long since given up trying to convince people.  The truth is that iOS, Android, and BB10 all have their merits and shortcomings.  But BB will ultimately lose because they messed up early and have gotten their hardware up to date way too late in the game.  Its a marketing thing now and BB is going to lose that battle every time.  I almost feel like they would have been better off putting out BB10 under a new brand that didnt carry the weight of the name Blackberry.  It would have been a huge gamble (not automatically bringing their existing customer base) but they may have had a shot of appealing to new, younger customers as a new OS that does things better.

Are you kidding?
BB is still far, far away, as long as they have that pathetic shell of an app store.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Einstein

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
+1

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2015, 02:28:57 PM »
Did you try the new one?
Yes and now I have the S6 and wouldn't consider going back to the classic. The classic really has nothing going for it except that its more so called secure.
The UI is still not up to date it feels like im using an android from the 90s its a terrible phone, if I didnt need any apps I'd prefer the Bold 9930 over the classic.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2015, 02:29:43 PM »
Are you kidding?
BB is still far, far away, as long as they have that pathetic shell of an app store.
That's not really a problem considering you can get any android app but like I said upthread the apps aren't optimized and that's a huge issue.

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »
Are you kidding?
Their app store deficiency is one of the areas that I believe is PR driven, its really not that bad.  And with the Amazon app store on BB10.3 now there is access to basically all apps.  Some people complain about the way a few of those apps run but I have not had any issues.  Bottom line I have every app that I want or need on my phone.  give me an app that you use that is not available on BB?

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2015, 02:38:02 PM »
Their app store deficiency is one of the areas that I believe is PR driven, its really not that bad.  And with the Amazon app store on BB10.3 now there is access to basically all apps.  Some people complain about the way a few of those apps run but I have not had any issues.  Bottom line I have every app that I want or need on my phone.  give me an app that you use that is not available on BB?

The apps from Android don't work well.
And the native app store is missing tons of apps that I and probably most people use.
I don't remember now, but in my searches I came up empty many times. Amazon Seller central I do remember.
Visibly Jewish

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2015, 02:38:47 PM »
Yes and now I have the S6 and wouldn't consider going back to the classic. The classic really has nothing going for it except that its more so called secure.The UI is still not up to date it feels like im using an android from the 90s its a terrible phone, if I didnt need any apps I'd prefer the Bold 9930 over the classic.
I have used my wife's S5 very much.  i dont feel like the UI is any more modern/better than BB10. Personally I really like the layout of the BB UI.   I dont use the classic but my mom does and when Ive played around with it I liked it.  This is a matter of opinion of course and like I said, I dont try to convince anyone to switch to BB.  Some people will prefer any of the OS's over any of the others.  i think if they had stamped the name QNX on BB10 and not called it a blackberry then people would have liked it more.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2015, 02:40:05 PM »
That's not really a problem considering you can get any android app but like I said upthread the apps aren't optimized and that's a huge issue.

Poorly working apps is not called competition to the Android or iOS app stores in 2015.
Visibly Jewish

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2015, 02:50:45 PM »
Poorly working apps is not called competition to the Android or iOS app stores in 2015.
again, for me I have not had any issues with the android apps.  I dont sell on amazon so i havent used the app you mentioned above but i will check it out later to see how it is on the blackberry