Author Topic: It gets even better: 50% bnous for 1st time MR > Delta transfer!  (Read 29410 times)

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
Re: It gets even better: 50% bnous for 1st time MR > Delta transfer!
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2011, 02:49:57 PM »
Last time people were doing this and many ended up with Delta Silver, good luck.
i didn't merged all at the same time

Offline miles

• View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2011, 02:54:26 PM »
what is the best chice
Congratulations on earning Platinum Medallion® status for 2012. We appreciate your loyalty.

As a SkyMiles Medallion member, you already enjoy a wide array of rewards and advantages in recognition of your time spent with us. We're pleased to offer you one of the below 2012 Medallion Choice Benefits— just select the one that's best for you:

1 Four Systemwide Upgrade Certificates: good for travel on Delta flights worldwide and redeemable on the day of departure and are valid 12 months from issuance. Fare restrictions apply.
2 Four Delta Sky Club® One-Day Passes: Relax, work or just watch the world go by at over 50 airport Clubs worldwide. Use them for up to one year from the date of issuance.
3 20,000 Bonus Miles: add them to your mileage balance and get ready for your next Award trip or donate them to a SkyWish charity of your choice.
Travel/Retail Gift Card: choose a $200 Gift Card from Tiffany & Co., a $200 Marriott® Bonus Bucks® coupon or a $200 Delta travel voucher.
4 Silver Medallion Status for a Companion of Your Choice: select a companion who will receive Medallion benefits throughout 2012, including Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, waived baggage fees, priority check-in and boarding and more.

Please follow the link below to select your Platinum Medallion Choice Benefit now. You will have until February 28, 2013 to make your selection. Thank you again for your loyalty.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »
i didn't merged all at the same time

Doesn't mean it's guaranteed to fly.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Aben

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2012, 11:21:12 PM »
I have had 1 delta account with over 100K for a number of years (10). I made 1 amex transfer for 50K which I received a 20K certificate.
A couple of months later they had the 100K amex prom which gets u bonus 50% and Silver. I wanted to become silver so I asked a friend who uses delta and was doing the transfers anyways to transfer 100K into a new Delta account which I just created.
Now 7 months later I realized that the new acount has 7k remaining (from some misc. bonuses and for some bookings...) so I wanted to combine it with my original account (100K) and also I will be silver.
I did the merge and now my account is showing 57K less (prob 50k from the bonus 50%, and 7K all the misc. bonuses earned on the new account).

I was aware that u cannot merge 2 silvers to become gold. I did not know that they would do this!

Any ideas???

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2012, 12:19:11 AM »
I have had 1 delta account with over 100K for a number of years (10). I made 1 amex transfer for 50K which I received a 20K certificate.
A couple of months later they had the 100K amex prom which gets u bonus 50% and Silver. I wanted to become silver so I asked a friend who uses delta and was doing the transfers anyways to transfer 100K into a new Delta account which I just created.
Now 7 months later I realized that the new acount has 7k remaining (from some misc. bonuses and for some bookings...) so I wanted to combine it with my original account (100K) and also I will be silver.
I did the merge and now my account is showing 57K less (prob 50k from the bonus 50%, and 7K all the misc. bonuses earned on the new account).

I was aware that u cannot merge 2 silvers to become gold. I did not know that they would do this!

Any ideas???
Had this myself.
After fighting hours upon hours, I finally made them understand, that my gold status is still on the account even with the minus, and I'm matching it to Continental and AA, and I'll not fly on a airline getting me miles on a minus. So I'm not losing anything from departing Delta, the one that is the loser will be Delta losing customers.
I told them that if "you are the winner, you are the actual loser. if you let me win this fight, you will win an elite customer", so they refilled my account finally.

If you have time / strength, go ahead, fight it out.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Aben

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2012, 12:23:30 AM »
Had this myself.
After fighting hours upon hours, I finally made them understand, that my gold status is still on the account even with the minus, and I'm matching it to Continental and AA, and I'll not fly on a airline getting me miles on a minus. So I'm not losing anything from departing Delta, the one that is the loser will be Delta losing customers.
I told them that if "you are the winner, you are the actual loser. if you let me win this fight, you will win an elite customer", so they refilled my account finally.

If you have time / strength, go ahead, fight it out.
How and who did u contact? Via email fax? phone #?
What should I tell them? The truth that I did it to become silver?

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2012, 09:09:08 AM »
How and who did u contact? Via email fax? phone #?
What should I tell them? The truth that I did it to become silver?
Called corporate customer care at 404-773-0305. emailed complaints / skymiles.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline miles

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2012, 11:02:44 PM »
I lost about 400k from this

Offline Aben

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »

Any ideas???
Called corporate customer care at 404-773-0305. emailed complaints / skymiles.

Thank you very much!

I called up customer care told them why I did it and they looked into it and they said that they dod not know why 50k did not get transfered over. They adjusted that and they said that the other 5k was for a new account bonus which I cannot get.

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2012, 06:07:24 PM »
Does anyone anticipate this coming back?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2012, 06:08:19 PM »
Yes.
Although its been a long time.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2012, 06:10:43 PM »
Nope.
I even predicted as much last September.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »
Nope.
I even predicted as much last September.

Nope to this particular offer, or nope to all xfer bonuses to DL (because they pretty much have no incentive now that CO/UA left)?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2012, 12:35:12 AM »

It's only a matter of time IMHO, might be a while though, Amex has other promotions running.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael