Author Topic: Random questions.  (Read 234951 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Random questions.
« Reply #3795 on: July 03, 2019, 05:27:43 PM »
Any easy way to lower the temperature of the water in an above ground pool?
Spray the water in the air
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline rs242

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: July 03, 2019, 05:43:07 PM »
Spray the water in the air
Bad idea that will raise the PH levels

Offline rs242

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: July 03, 2019, 05:44:44 PM »
Any easy way to lower the temperature of the water in an above ground pool?
The only way I know of is if u have a solar heater, run your pump at night through the solar heater it will cool down the water.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA
« Reply #3798 on: July 03, 2019, 06:12:52 PM »
Not registering implies consent with whomever the majority picks.
You make this stuff up as you go along?
If you want to vote Democrat, you are being very disloyal to Jewish people and very disloyal to Israel, Mr. Trump said.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: July 03, 2019, 06:13:47 PM »
The only way I know of is if u have a solar heater, run your pump at night through the solar heater it will cool down the water.
Don't have one but that is a good idea.
If you want to vote Democrat, you are being very disloyal to Jewish people and very disloyal to Israel, Mr. Trump said.

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: July 03, 2019, 06:42:51 PM »
That can happen with people who consider the US flag to be a racist symbol.https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/02/after-colin-kaepernick-complaint-nike-reportedly-pulls-shoe-with-betsy-ross-flag-design/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5c1d8fad484f

Thatís an overly simplified (and skewed) description.
The specific flag (original version) that was supposed to be on the sneakers was from an era where there were grave injustices, read slavery, done to a segment of the population. He is arguing that that version of American ideals (which is what the flag represents) is offensive to the descendants of those slaves. If you canít see his point (even if you disagree, being that the ideals that most people associate with the revolutionary era is the fight for individual freedom, which eventually led to the emancipation and with a long passage of time to civil rights) you are not being objective.

The secondary argument is that there are white supremacist today who identify with that specific flag being that it represents to them a time when America was more ďpureĒ. Whether we should let a tiny minority dictate what symbols/items represent is a separate discussion, however you can see where offense can be taken.

ETA: You can appreciate the argument even if you donít like the messenger, being that he has issues with more contemporary America and the current flag as well. While his general arguments may be more extreme than most are comfortable with, there are definitely some truths in what he is bringing awareness to.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 06:48:08 PM by joey89 »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: July 03, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »
That can happen with people who consider the US flag to be a racist symbol.https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/02/after-colin-kaepernick-complaint-nike-reportedly-pulls-shoe-with-betsy-ross-flag-design/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5c1d8fad484f
He wanted an example and I gave him one. I am lost with whatever point you are making.

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: July 03, 2019, 07:23:59 PM »

Thatís an overly simplified (and skewed) description.
The specific flag (original version) that was supposed to be on the sneakers was from an era where there were grave injustices, read slavery, done to a segment of the population. He is arguing that that version of American ideals (which is what the flag represents) is offensive to the descendants of those slaves. If you canít see his point (even if you disagree, being that the ideals that most people associate with the revolutionary era is the fight for individual freedom, which eventually led to the emancipation and with a long passage of time to civil rights) you are not being objective.

The secondary argument is that there are white supremacist today who identify with that specific flag being that it represents to them a time when America was more ďpureĒ. Whether we should let a tiny minority dictate what symbols/items represent is a separate discussion, however you can see where offense can be taken.

ETA: You can appreciate the argument even if you donít like the messenger, being that he has issues with more contemporary America and the current flag as well. While his general arguments may be more extreme than most are comfortable with, there are definitely some truths in what he is bringing awareness to.

So we should ban anything that was created during the era of slavery because that era "represents" slavery?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: July 03, 2019, 07:27:23 PM »
So we should ban anything that was created during the era of slavery because that era "represents" slavery?
You need to look at intent. When a 20 year old from the south puts a big confederate flag on his truck what is his intent?

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: July 03, 2019, 07:28:35 PM »
You need to look at intent. When a 20 year old from the south puts a big confederate flag on his truck what is his intent?
Ok. What was Nike's intent?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: July 03, 2019, 07:35:51 PM »
Ok. What was Nike's intent?
To sell shoes to racist rednecks?  :)

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: July 03, 2019, 07:36:57 PM »
To sell shoes to racist rednecks?  :)
Ahhh. That makes sense!

Dont they wear boots?

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: July 03, 2019, 07:40:18 PM »

Not saying I agree with it, just explaining his point of view why it can be viewed as offensive.

There is obviously a difference between a flag that ďeveryoneĒ agrees represents America and itís ideals (the argument is exactly which ones it represents) and some unrelated item that happened to be invented then. (As an aside, many Jews do boycott items that are identifiable as German due to the countryís past indiscretions)
Also, itís not banning, Nike (a private company) is making a decision thatís (mostly) motivated by profit and brand image.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: July 03, 2019, 07:48:55 PM »
Dont they wear boots?
Yes that is why they want to get a foot in the door with shoes.  :)

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: July 03, 2019, 08:07:12 PM »

(As an aside, many Jews do boycott items that are identifiable as German due to the countryís past indiscretions)

The issue with German companies is that some of them made it during the war off of Jewish slave labor.

Bosch as an example, collaborated with the nazis, while braun basically shut down.