Topic Wiki

FAA Links for info on using car seats:
    September 2015 advisory -
http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_120-87C.pdf
Regulatory Requirements Regarding Accommodation of Child Restraint Systems http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviation_industry/airline_operators/airline_safety/info/all_infos/media/2009/info09002.pdf

Earning mileage: Infants (who don't pay for a full ticket) are not eligible to earn miles.

Luggage: Some people report that their friend or parent flew and got lucky. However, it's best to check with the Airline (on their website or calling them), BEFORE packing your suitcases. Here are some helpful links, plus a summary of baggage allowed for lap infants.
Child paying 10% of fare can check a small suitecase up to 10kg/20lb. Child paying 50%+ of adult fare can check standard baggage allowance (one full size suitcase 23kg/50lb) both are +stroller and car seat. One carry on + booster or infant seat + pump and cooler
1 chacked bag at same rate as adults first bag + 1 stroller + 1 car seat. 1 carry-on diaper bag per child is allowed + pump + milk cooler + (stroller??)
1 stroller + 1 carseat. carry on: diaper bag, pump, carry one size stroller, carseat
1 checked bag up to 50lb/23kg. 1 stroller 1 carseat. 1 carry on up to 13lb/6kg or a carry on size stroller
  • BA
1 checked bag 50lbs/23kg + two of the following: stroller,car/booster seat,travel cot,babyack carrier. 1 extra carryon bag.
  • ElAL
1 checked bag 50lb/23kg. 1 stroller or car seat. NO carry on. (its not like their makpid these days any way  :))
[/list]

Proof: Some airlines require proof of age. Rather bring along some kind of proof, and not get stuck because of an gate agent or TSA guard that had a bad day.

Infants are cute.

Please help with this wiki.[/list]

Author Topic: Flying with infant  (Read 222128 times)

Offline elya

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Flying with infant
« Reply #460 on: January 05, 2017, 01:26:39 AM »
I know that and therefore this is interesting to me that whereas a paid passenger gets no check in luggage, a free lap child does.
Exactly my point, DROPR!

Offline high end hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 08, 2017, 01:18:20 PM »
I just added an infant to an aa domestic reservation and was told that the lap child gets a carry on and free checked in luggage. is that true by every airline?
is there someone on the reservation who would earn his/her companions free bags?

Offline Luvtotravel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »
is there someone on the reservation who would earn his/her companions free bags?
no
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline chossid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 08, 2017, 07:30:29 PM »
Flying with Delta international, my wife is driving me up the wall that she needs the bassinet seats, how can I be sure to get em? Online they always show these seats as unavailable

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 08, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »
Flying with Delta international, my wife is driving me up the wall that she needs the bassinet seats, how can I be sure to get em? Online they always show these seats as unavailable
You can try calling delta. Sometime a higher up can give it to you.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 08, 2017, 07:38:29 PM »
Dump her before it is to late.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 10, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »
need to get some headphones for my 2.5 year old for his next flight. any recommendations.

Offline am7734

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 10, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
need to get some headphones for my 2.5 year old for his next flight. any recommendations.

We have these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AXE96X0/ref=twister_B01DMHPT3U?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I highly recommend that you get your child used to them i.e. let him try it for a while beforehand... took my kid a while until he let us put it on him.. then again he is generally difficult.  :-[ :) .... Now he likes them....

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 10, 2017, 08:38:34 PM »
We have these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AXE96X0/ref=twister_B01DMHPT3U?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I highly recommend that you get your child used to them i.e. let him try it for a while beforehand... took my kid a while until he let us put it on him.. then again he is generally difficult.  :-[ :) .... Now he likes them....

yea i had that thought about getting him used to them. next flight he takes is pesach time unless i have to take him with DW to orlando in Feb so a bit of time.

it looks like I'm gonna go with those also based on the price and recommendations. only thing i was wondering is if noise canceling makes any sense so the sound doesn't have to be as high to combat the ambient plane noise

Offline LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 11, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »
Gotta call, some airlines (VS for example) will charge you to reserve it in advance. and don't arrive the last minute in airport.

Offline Got a clue

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 11, 2017, 12:04:10 PM »
Gotta call, some airlines (VS for example) will charge you to reserve it in advance. and don't arrive the last minute in airport.

Deltas official policy (at least JFK-TLV) is that bassinet seats open up 24 hours before flight on a first call first serve basis. It often does not pan out that way. There are some agents who can reserve in advance..

Offline LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 11, 2017, 12:05:32 PM »
Deltas official policy (at least JFK-TLV) is that bassinet seats open up 24 hours before flight on a first call first serve basis. It often does not pan out that way. There are some agents who can reserve in advance..
Was talking about reserving before online check in opens.

Offline yitz1000

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 21, 2017, 06:37:04 PM »
Slightly off topic as not for the plane, point me in a different direction of there's a better thread:

Looking for a good and not too pricey baby carrier / back(front)pack for carrying a 5 month old on outings where a carriage is not feasible.

TIA!

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 14, 2017, 07:41:35 PM »
I am booking a OW on AA- DFW-CLE-NYC and only having the infant with me on the CLE-NYC portion. Is this allowed? And do I have to notify the airline beforehand?

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 14, 2017, 07:42:29 PM »
I am booking a OW on AA- DFW-CLE-NYC and only having the infant with me on the CLE-NYC portion. Is this allowed? And do I have to notify the airline beforehand?
Just let them know at the airport before you go back though security in CLE.

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 14, 2017, 07:44:06 PM »
Just let them know at the airport before you go back though security in CLE.
thanks

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 14, 2017, 07:45:01 PM »
This week I learned that the row in front of an exit row is forbidden for car seats.

According to the stewardess the FAA is worried that people trying to get off the plane will be throwing their stuff in that row and on top of the baby...

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 14, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »
This week I learned that the row in front of an exit row is forbidden for car seats.

According to the stewardess the FAA is worried that people trying to get off the plane will be throwing their stuff in that row and on top of the baby...
Lol, but true.

Offline elya

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 20, 2017, 02:15:10 PM »
When flying domestic with a lap infant, does the infant need his own boarding pass? Which would mean I would have go to the Check in counter when I get to the airport, and cant just Check in online?

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 20, 2017, 02:18:22 PM »
When flying domestic with a lap infant, does the infant need his own boarding pass? Which would mean I would have go to the Check in counter when I get to the airport, and cant just Check in online?
Most airlines just write infant in arms on your boarding pass. Some print the infant their own. Either way you need to let the airline know you have a lap child before the flight, either over the phone, online, or at the ticket counter when checking in.