Topic Wiki

FAA Links for info on using car seats:
    September 2015 advisory -
http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_120-87C.pdf
Regulatory Requirements Regarding Accommodation of Child Restraint Systems http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviation_industry/airline_operators/airline_safety/info/all_infos/media/2009/info09002.pdf

Earning mileage: Infants (who don't pay for a full ticket) are not eligible to earn miles.

Luggage: Some people report that their friend or parent flew and got lucky. However, it's best to check with the Airline (on their website or calling them), BEFORE packing your suitcases. Here are some helpful links, plus a summary of baggage allowed for lap infants.
Child paying 10% of fare can check a small suitecase up to 10kg/20lb. Child paying 50%+ of adult fare can check standard baggage allowance (one full size suitcase 23kg/50lb) both are +stroller and car seat. One carry on + booster or infant seat + pump and cooler
1 chacked bag at same rate as adults first bag + 1 stroller + 1 car seat. 1 carry-on diaper bag per child is allowed + pump + milk cooler + (stroller??)
1 stroller + 1 carseat. carry on: diaper bag, pump, carry one size stroller, carseat
1 checked bag up to 50lb/23kg. 1 stroller 1 carseat. 1 carry on up to 13lb/6kg or a carry on size stroller
  • BA
1 checked bag 50lbs/23kg + two of the following: stroller,car/booster seat,travel cot,babyack carrier. 1 extra carryon bag.
  • ElAL
1 checked bag 50lb/23kg. 1 stroller or car seat. NO carry on. (its not like their makpid these days any way  :))
[/list]

Proof: Some airlines require proof of age. Rather bring along some kind of proof, and not get stuck because of an gate agent or TSA guard that had a bad day.

Infants are cute.

Please help with this wiki.[/list]

Author Topic: Flying with infant  (Read 222085 times)

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
Re: Flying with infant
« Reply #640 on: January 15, 2018, 04:38:06 PM »
Anyone have experience with overriding a infant limit for an Alitalia flight?

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 17, 2018, 01:48:53 PM »
Anyone have experience with overriding a infant limit for an Alitalia flight?
Anytime anyone needs to deal with AZ do not call the US call center. Go straight to the Italian reservation center.

Offline sammy n

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 17, 2018, 02:10:36 PM »
Anytime anyone needs to deal with AZ do not call the US call center. Go straight to the Italian reservation center.
What you get them to do for you?

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 17, 2018, 02:19:28 PM »
What you get them to do for you?
They opened up 2 seats in J (when it was very tightly sealed for miles bookings) in order to allow my infant to fly with us.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 17, 2018, 02:21:58 PM »
They opened up 2 seats in J (when it was very tightly sealed for miles bookings) in order to allow my infant to fly with us.
So you booked your infant it's own seat?

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 17, 2018, 02:25:20 PM »
So you booked your infant it's own seat?
No. AZ has a infant limit on flights. The flights i had booked months ago apparently hit that quota already so they told us there is no way to add my infant. The US call center basically told me there is nothing that can be done.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 17, 2018, 02:25:59 PM »
No. AZ has a infant limit on flights. The flights i had booked months ago apparently hit that quota already so they told us there is no way to add my infant. The US call center basically told me there is nothing that can be done.
Nice!

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 22, 2018, 09:58:57 PM »
You can officially reserve seats (over the phone) from 48 hours before departure on a UA basic economy ticket if your traveling with an infant.

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 25, 2018, 09:34:16 AM »
It's all Italian. What number do I need to press? Yesterday I tried 1 and he wouldn't help me. He wanted a regular change fee and fare difference for a alternate flight. And wouldn't override the INF limit either

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 25, 2018, 10:33:15 AM »
It's all Italian. What number do I need to press? Yesterday I tried 1 and he wouldn't help me. He wanted a regular change fee and fare difference for a alternate flight. And wouldn't override the INF limit either
You talking about a revenue booking? I booked it with miles and pressed 4 for the millemiglia dept.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 25, 2018, 10:37:43 AM »
You talking about a revenue booking? I booked it with miles and pressed 4 for the millemiglia dept.
Revenue. Anyone know which number to press?

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 25, 2018, 10:49:55 AM »
Revenue. Anyone know which number to press?
Why not try #4?

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 25, 2018, 10:51:46 AM »
Why not try #4?
Cuz that's the mileage department...

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 25, 2018, 10:56:45 AM »
But if it's the right call center and they speak English, they can likely transfer you to the right department..

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 25, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »
Maybe they can deal with rev tickets as well.

Offline yo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 04, 2018, 03:33:43 PM »
Hey, does anyone know if theres room ny the seat for a car seat for an infant delta business to tlv. Or whats the best options these days for infants in business nonstop to tlv.

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 04, 2018, 06:01:29 PM »
Just had baby b"h and planning our first trip with him to Israel, we are going JFK-FRA-TLV in LH J and TLV-ZRH-JFK in LX J. Baby will be in a bassinet on all flights except for FRA-TLV leg which LH claims no bassinet available even in J.

So I am thinking of bringing our stroller with the car seat in it and pack the bassinet in our suitcase, then have them gate check if for first let JFK-FRA and then on FRA-TLV leg since it's fake business with economy seats and empty middle seat gate check only the stroller frame and bring the car seat on the plane to put it in the empty middle seat so I don't have to hold him.

Question 1 - Does anyone know if they will let me use that middle seat with the car seat for the infant since technically the infant does not get his own seat?

Question 2 - Our stroller does not actually fold with the bassinet or the car seat attached, you need to remove them to fold the frame and then you are left with a folded frame and a bassinet or car seat which do not fold at all.. Will LH / LX let me gate check a stroller like that?

Also if anyone can give me any good tips for flying with a 2 months old would appreciate very much. we fly a lot but first time with a baby I am sure will be a little bit challenging...

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:14:20 PM by KidOOO »

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 04, 2018, 06:12:30 PM »
Just had baby b"h and planning our first trip with him to Israel, we are going JFK-FRA-TLV in LH J and TLV-ZRH-JFK in LX J. Baby will be in a bassinet on all flights except for FRA-TLV leg which LH claims no bassinet available even in J.

I am thinking to bring a stroller with a car seat, have them gate check if for first let JFK-FRA and then on FRA-TLV leg since it's fake business with economy seats and empty middle seat bring it on the plane and put it in the empty middle seat so I don't have to hold him.

Does anyone know if they will let me do that since technically the infant does not get his own seat?

Also, our stroller does not fold with the bassinet or even with the car seat, you need to remove them to fold it. Will LH / LX let me gate check a stroller like that?
Mazal Tov! Typically you shouldn't have any issues gate checking your stroller. They will usually ask you if you need one or 2 tags depending on how many pieces it is. They shouldn't give you any problems bringing a car seat on board, especially if it will fit in an overhead bin. That way if for some reason you don't have an open seat for the baby, you can just put it up top.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 06, 2018, 07:13:29 PM »
Mazal Tov! Typically you shouldn't have any issues gate checking your stroller. They will usually ask you if you need one or 2 tags depending on how many pieces it is. They shouldn't give you any problems bringing a car seat on board, especially if it will fit in an overhead bin. That way if for some reason you don't have an open seat for the baby, you can just put it up top.

Thanks for the reply. So they will for sure let me bring in the car seat even if I don't have a seat for the baby?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 07, 2018, 12:43:39 AM »
Thanks for the reply. So they will for sure let me bring in the car seat even if I don't have a seat for the baby?
Nothing is for sure. I'd ask the agent at the gate if you will have an open seat. Many times I've had them block the seat, so it will be the last seat taken, if need be. I've never really encountered a problem bringing it on board.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.