Author Topic: How Travel Agents Book Flight tickets  (Read 5854 times)

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: How Travel Agents Book Flight tickets
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »
Lighten up, you two.
If you insist...

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »
Though I am curious if there is a way for us "regular folk" to gain access to the system.
So was OP. And now we have come full circle.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 06:21:28 PM »
Though I am curious if there is a way for us "regular folk" to gain access to the system.

These days there appears to be GDS's in everyone's house  ;D

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 02:04:10 PM »
Actually, I'll tell you what it actually sounds like. It sounds like OP just found out that the way that travel agents have access to availability that is not open to the general public is by using a GDS. Then somebody sent him a link to the Amadeus training book (which can be found by google search.) https://www.google.com/#q=amadeus+gds+manual

This made OP think, "Hmmm, I wonder if this could be exploited somehow? I know, the guys at DDF probably know." So instead of just posting, "Guys, can Amadeus be exploited by a non-TA?" he was more subtle and just said, "Let's talk about how travel agents book tickets..." He then threw in some info (sort of) -- "as of my knowledge, travel agents book tickets through a booking program called "Amadeus" -- thereby presenting himself as someone who was bringing info to the table and not merely grasping at straws and fishing for others to cough up all the info. Oh, and then he threw in some proof of his insider knowledge -- "I have got a link to a training booklet of the program" -- which echoes his opening words of "let's talk about...." which makes it sound as if a conversation were to actually start, OP would be able to contribute to it further.

Just my take. 
What a way to decipher a simple post

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 10:37:56 PM »
Actually, I'll tell you what it actually sounds like. It sounds like OP just found out that the way that travel agents have access to availability that is not open to the general public is by using a GDS. Then somebody sent him a link to the Amadeus training book (which can be found by google search.) https://www.google.com/#q=amadeus+gds+manual

This made OP think, "Hmmm, I wonder if this could be exploited somehow? I know, the guys at DDF probably know." So instead of just posting, "Guys, can Amadeus be exploited by a non-TA?" he was more subtle and just said, "Let's talk about how travel agents book tickets..." He then threw in some info (sort of) -- "as of my knowledge, travel agents book tickets through a booking program called "Amadeus" -- thereby presenting himself as someone who was bringing info to the table and not merely grasping at straws and fishing for others to cough up all the info. Oh, and then he threw in some proof of his insider knowledge -- "I have got a link to a training booklet of the program" -- which echoes his opening words of "let's talk about...." which makes it sound as if a conversation were to actually start, OP would be able to contribute to it further.

Just my take.  :P
Ever considered a career as a kollel yungerman? That Perush really required Rashi, Tosafos, Rishonim, Achronim and some kabbalah.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 12:08:18 AM »
What a way to decipher a simple post
Thank you.
Ever considered a career as a kollel yungerman? That Perush really required Rashi, Tosafos, Rishonim, Achronim and some kabbalah.
Thank you as well.

Offline flyingBlue

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 01:11:00 AM »

Just my take.  :P
hahaha you are funny! the link I actually googled... but the rest is something sharp

Offline flyingBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 01:18:14 AM »
+1

Offline flyingBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 01:22:12 AM »
Its actually a DOS type of game, ah, the good old times
why are GDS having command line interface and not graphical user interface (GUI)??

Offline talmid chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 02:20:01 AM »

why are GDS having command line interface and not graphical user interface (GUI)??

Upthread, someone said because it looks more professional

Offline flyingBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 02:25:06 AM »

don't believe this

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 06:38:12 AM »
lets talk about How Travel Agents Book Flight tickets.
as of my knowledge, travel agents book tickets through a booking program called "Amadeus", I have got a link to a training booklet of the program:
http://www.amadeus.com/web/binaries/1332970199128/blobheader=application/pdf&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DTraining_Manual_1A_PK.pdf

OK, what is your goal here?

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 07:48:20 AM »

more powerful
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle