Author Topic: Overstayed Israeli 90 day tourist visa  (Read 10603 times)

Offline googwallet

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Overstayed Israeli 90 day tourist visa
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »
The last time I was in Israel,  I overstayed my tourist Visa (3 months) by about 15 days this was in summer of 2012. When I left the woman at passport control was upset at and wrote something in my passport like "extended stay". My question is, will they make me issues on my next visit?
I plan to go for a week in May.

Thanks

Offline sruli1234

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Overstayed Israeli 90 day tourist visa
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 06:58:50 PM »
I overstayed by a year... no problems.

Offline DMYD

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 07:06:59 PM »
The last time I was in Israel,  I overstayed my tourist Visa (3 months) by about 15 days this was in summer of 2012. When I left the woman at passport control was upset at and wrote something in my passport like "extended stay". My question is, will they make me issues on my next visit?

Thanks
O no, no worries just imagine how many boys who go learn there actually make visas?

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 07:25:48 PM »

Thanks

Depends on their mood, however overstaying 15 days three years ago they probably won't blink an eye

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 07:45:23 PM »

Thanks

The wrote "shehut yeter." Just put in parentheses afterwards (matzchik)

Offline casualchurner

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 08:07:43 PM »
My wife stayed her entire sem year with no visa. When we went back to Israel after our wedding the border agents said nothing.
If they give you problems just shout incoherently at them. From personal experience shouting seems to work over there  ;D

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »
My wife stayed her entire sem year with no visa. When we went back to Israel after our wedding the border agents said nothing.
If they give you problems just shout incoherently at them. From personal experience shouting seems to work over there  ;D

Reminds me of the joke with the Sefaradi who was told his wife had given birth to a girl, he started screaming and yelling about it, five minutes later the nurse came back apologizing and said she made a mistake and it was actually a boy to which he responded "You can't get anything in this country without yelling"

Offline casualchurner

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 08:23:33 PM »
Reminds me of the joke with the Sefaradi who was told his wife had given birth to a girl, he started screaming and yelling about it, five minutes later the nurse came back apologizing and said she made a mistake and it was actually a boy to which he responded "You can't get anything in this country without yelling"
It's true though. I had an issue once with my Arnona bill. When a lady from the Misrad Hapnim called me up and started screaming at me about a discrepancy in my application for a discount, I just cut in and started shouting at her in Hebrew how the mistake was THEIR fault and they're a totally inefficient office. After my 2 minute rant, the lady simply responded "ok ok hakol b'seder".
Gotta love Israel!  ;)

Offline nis965

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 08:24:42 PM »
They actually made an issue the next time I went. I said I was only staying for a week, she didn't believe me and wrote 2 weeks. I didn't overstay that time so had no issues went I went back again.

Offline cubicles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 11:59:40 PM »
I have in my passport written 1 month twice and 2weeks twice as a bucher. then when I came back the next time married they kept me up a few minutes and then said well this time will let you go because you just married.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 03:03:32 AM »
i have never heard of them making any real problems for this and i know many people that overstayed

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 07:23:35 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 09:26:38 AM »
Spent 3 years there (-summer) and never once extended my 3 month visa.

When they asked as I was leaving I always told them I thought the yeshiva took care of it.

No issues whatsoever.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline blerbz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 09:39:01 AM »

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »
I've overstayed my tourist Visa countless times and never had much of an issue getting in to the country.
Just tell them "it's impossible to get an appointment at misrad hapnim" or that "you're in the procces of applying for a visa." Always does the job for me.

Offline Palm5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 10:03:24 AM »
Only issue I had was they kept me in that little office in the back left corner for about 15 min for intimidation then let me go. They said something about being sent back on te next flight but I knew it was BS

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »

Only issue I had was they kept me in that little office in the back left corner for about 15 min for intimidation then let me go. They said something about being sent back on te next flight but I knew it was BS
i learnt in israel for six years, the first four years they kept on taking me to the back office & threatening me.
After four years I came in on Elal from Poland & they snapped & told me I'm being sent back, took my bags & put me in a holding room with instructions to put me on the next flight back. The workers couldn't believe that they were sending back a Jew for visa issues,

Anyway long story short it took a call to a Knesset member to get them to release me after which I had to make a visa

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 10:43:39 AM »
i learnt in israel for six years, the first four years they kept on taking me to the back office & threatening me.
After four years I came in on Elal from Poland & they snapped & told me I'm being sent back, took my bags & put me in a holding room with instructions to put me on the next flight back. The workers couldn't believe that they were sending back a Jew for visa issues,

Anyway long story short it took a call to a Knesset member to get them to release me after which I had to make a visa

That's probably the worst case I've ever heard but again its Israel you never know how far they'll actually go...

Offline casualchurner

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 11:20:51 AM »

Who?! How'd you pull that off?!

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 11:25:59 AM »

Who?! How'd you pull that off?!
Porush,
A friend of a friend... A bisel protekzia