Author Topic: Random Airline Questions.  (Read 790857 times)

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
Re: Random Airline Questions.
« Reply #4440 on: June 07, 2023, 09:50:20 AM »
Looking at a trip on AA with BA avios, there is open availability there, but on the way back nothing (seems sunday flights to NYC are very scarce these days). Is it common that unsold seats will be released to partners or not so likely? Its for a flight this weekend. Every other day has a bunch of flights with many seats, for some reason sunday is always a problem.

Offline ydbe

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: daf yomi
« Reply #4441 on: June 07, 2023, 03:28:40 PM »
Did you book direct with Delta? I think (not sure) that if its a Delta marketed flight (there is a delta flight number attached to the flight even though its operated by VA) then you should be entitled to a bag. Not sure, but I think that’s never been an issue for me, before having status.
I did book with Delta, bought on their site. Does that mean I have a beef with them? Anyone else have experience with this?

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #4442 on: June 09, 2023, 02:48:25 PM »
Not sure, I just realized you were in basic economy, I don’t know how it works, but I have to imagine if there is a Delta flight number that you would get a bag.

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: June 11, 2023, 06:47:19 AM »
I did book with Delta, bought on their site. Does that mean I have a beef with them? Anyone else have experience with this?

Credit card free baggage terms clearly state that the flight must be Delta operated.

You tried saving money booking basic economy without doing your due diligence. Nobody to have “beef” with other then yourself.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/baggage/checked-baggage/first-checked-bag-free
The first checked bag fee waiver will only be applied on flight segments which originate on a Delta or Delta Connection® carrier when you check-in with Delta for both a Delta marketed and Delta operated flight.

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: June 11, 2023, 04:20:21 PM »
Flying from AUH - IAD on EY and then continuing on UA from IAD to EWR (same ticket), will they check the bags in AUH all the way to EWR or will need to retrieve bags in IAD and re-check them.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: June 11, 2023, 04:36:06 PM »
Flying from AUH - IAD on EY and then continuing on UA from IAD to EWR (same ticket), will they check the bags in AUH all the way to EWR or will need to retrieve bags in IAD and re-check them.

When entering the United States from an international flight you pretty much always have to grab your checked bags and clear customs/immigration and then recheck them for the domestic segment.

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: June 11, 2023, 04:37:40 PM »
When entering the United States from an international flight you pretty much always have to grab your checked bags and clear customs/immigration and then recheck them for the domestic segment.
You clear US Customs in AUH before departure.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: June 11, 2023, 05:08:36 PM »

You tried saving money booking basic economy without doing your due diligence. Nobody to have “beef” with other then yourself.

Well according to your own statement it didn’t even have anything to do with booking basic economy… so not sure what you’re getting all hyped up about.

Offline AMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
« Reply #4448 on: June 11, 2023, 06:26:23 PM »
But there is a dedicated area for rechecking so if your cases come on time its not such a hassle
👆 אהבת חינם

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: June 11, 2023, 06:55:00 PM »
Well according to your own statement it didn’t even have anything to do with booking basic economy… so not sure what you’re getting all hyped up about.
If it was booked in regular economy, there would be the potential option (cost increase aside) of rebooking on a Delta marketed flight (if $200 more expensive, but now doesn’t have to pay $100 for luggage, maybe it’s worth it)..

My point specifically mentioning basic economy was that he’s stuck with what he booked.

Offline Jo 08701

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: June 12, 2023, 02:07:10 AM »

You can also hope if there is a slight schedule change to the flight, to ask delta that you should be put on a Delta flight from LHR to NYC than IME you will also get the free bag for the TLV to NYC.
BTW I am not so sure status would help here, since the status is not with Virgin.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: June 12, 2023, 11:17:16 AM »
If the status is gold or higher it will cause then he has skyteam elite status which comes with a bag. In my experience, all bag rules from delta apply to their partners when booking with them, but I don’t have experience with basic economy with them

Offline Mailman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: June 12, 2023, 07:47:42 PM »
I want to buy a United voucher off someone. Assuming that the voucher is legit, how do i know that they won't call the airline after claiming that the voucher was stoln and have the ticket cancelled?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: June 12, 2023, 09:34:48 PM »
I want to buy a United voucher off someone. Assuming that the voucher is legit, how do i know that they won't call the airline after claiming that the voucher was stoln and have the ticket cancelled?
trust?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline jr611

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: June 12, 2023, 10:42:39 PM »
looking to go to ANC from NYC then back from YVR in August. From what I've read, the best option would be to use Lifemiles or Turkish miles on United/AC. Any thoughts or tips?

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #4455 on: June 13, 2023, 09:33:54 AM »
trust?
I don't know the person at all and have no way to know that they aren't trying to scam me. (This is not on DDF)
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: June 13, 2023, 09:44:03 AM »
I don't know the person at all and have no way to know that they aren't trying to scam me. (This is not on DDF)

I see you’re very good at business. I have a bridge in brooklyn im trying to sell, interested?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: June 13, 2023, 10:44:53 AM »
looking to go to ANC from NYC then back from YVR in August. From what I've read, the best option would be to use Lifemiles or Turkish miles on United/AC. Any thoughts or tips?
Put the trust on him?  Pay him only after the flight is flown?

Find a way to put the money in "escrow" to hold until after the flight?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline AMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
« Reply #4458 on: June 13, 2023, 11:00:50 AM »
I see you’re very good at business. I have a bridge in brooklyn im trying to sell, interested?

Please post price as per DDF rules. :P
👆 אהבת חינם

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #4459 on: June 13, 2023, 11:10:40 AM »
Your best bet would be for 1 or 2 ppl vouching for him. Assuming you tried that.

Is it really that easy to dispute a flight credit?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501