Author Topic: Random Airline Questions.  (Read 775504 times)

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Random airline-questions.
« Reply #3160 on: January 08, 2020, 09:56:12 AM »
How do you clear TSA without an ID?

Usually when I fly with them, they clear on my ID, that's why I am asking.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: January 08, 2020, 10:18:32 AM »
How do you clear TSA without an ID?
If you are under 18 you aren't required to have ID to fly.

Usually when I fly with them, they clear on my ID, that's why I am asking.
My brother flies to yeshiva regularly, and doesn't have any ID. You should be fine, especially if the older one has ID (if they try to say he's over 18)
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: January 15, 2020, 01:04:55 AM »
ANA multiple legs, and 1 leg isn't available in J. If you wait list that leg, and it doesn't become available what happens?
They cancel or bump you to economy?

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: January 15, 2020, 01:37:57 AM »
ANA multiple legs, and 1 leg isn't available in J. If you wait list that leg, and it doesn't become available what happens?
They cancel or bump you to economy?
Nothing gets ticketed until it clears.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline jose34

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: January 16, 2020, 10:03:22 AM »
16 year old and 8 year old siblings flying together; would airline make us pay an unaccompanied minor fee for 8 year old?

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: January 16, 2020, 03:10:20 PM »
Just got email from United Mileage Plus that said Welcome to Premier Platinum Status. I had that last year as part of a status match that I never completed. Logged into my account and it doesnt show PP status. Shows general member.

United MileagePlus   
MileagePlus # XXXXX

Congratulations, XXXXXXX!
Welcome to United MileagePlus® Premier® Platinum status: Your key to an enhanced travel experience at every step of your journey.

Your membership materials will be arriving in 4 to 6 weeks. In the meantime, we invite you to visit mystatus.united.com to learn more about the valuable benefits that come with your status, track your activity and receive personalized offers from our partners. You'll find your digital membership card in the profile section of the United app.

Explore benefits
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: January 16, 2020, 03:58:01 PM »
Just got email from United Mileage Plus that said Welcome to Premier Platinum Status. I had that last year as part of a status match that I never completed. Logged into my account and it doesnt show PP status. Shows general member.

United MileagePlus   
MileagePlus # XXXXX

Welcome to United MileagePlus® Premier® Platinum status: Your key to an enhanced travel experience at every step of your journey.

Your membership materials will be arriving in 4 to 6 weeks. In the meantime, we invite you to visit mystatus.united.com to learn more about the valuable benefits that come with your status, track your activity and receive personalized offers from our partners. You'll find your digital membership card in the profile section of the United app.

Explore benefits
Probably sent in error, no? Would be sweet if you ended up with status though.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: January 16, 2020, 04:02:03 PM »
Probably because my status carried over until 1/5/20. Gonna sit on this and wait a bit before trying to finagle it. They actually messes up my challenge so I have a leg to stand on.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: January 16, 2020, 04:07:39 PM »
Probably because my status carried over until 1/5/20. Gonna sit on this and wait a bit before trying to finagle it. They actually messes up my challenge so I have a leg to stand on.
Good luck ;D

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: January 28, 2020, 06:06:58 PM »

United MileagePlus   
MileagePlus # XXXXX

Explore benefits

Good luck ;D
So the welcome kit came with expiration of 1/31/2021 :o Account status when I log in is still Member. What do I do now.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: January 28, 2020, 06:15:44 PM »
So the welcome kit came with expiration of 1/31/2021 :o Account status when I log in is still Member. What do I do now.
Try to do something only a Premier Plat would be able to do?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: January 28, 2020, 06:21:11 PM »
Try to do something only a Premier Plat would be able to do?
Such as? Cant even get Elite results to show up on award search.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #3172 on: January 28, 2020, 06:27:11 PM »
16 year old and 8 year old siblings flying together; would airline make us pay an unaccompanied minor fee for 8 year old?
Airline?
But generally the answer is yes

Offline jose34

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: January 28, 2020, 07:48:36 PM »
Airline?
But generally the answer is yes

SU

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: February 03, 2020, 12:24:38 PM »
My son is going to learn in E"Y for the year next year, but needs to come home for a family simcha during the year. Generally speaking, is it more cost effective to either:

- Book it as two NYC originating Round Trips - i.e. To School and returning for the simcha, and then to school and returning for the end of the year
- Book a NYC originating round trip for the beginning and end of the year, and then a TLV-originating return trip for the simcha?

Also, assuming no crazy deal - is it smarter to book him two separate one-ways for leaving and the end of the year?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: February 03, 2020, 12:32:21 PM »
My son is going to learn in E"Y for the year next year, but needs to come home for a family simcha during the year. Generally speaking, is it more cost effective to either:

- Book it as two NYC originating Round Trips - i.e. To School and returning for the simcha, and then to school and returning for the end of the year
- Book a NYC originating round trip for the beginning and end of the year, and then a TLV-originating return trip for the simcha?

Also, assuming no crazy deal - is it smarter to book him two separate one-ways for leaving and the end of the year?
My son just finished 2.5 years in EY. I booked him as needed one-ways all the time. This was all on points, no revenue tickets at all. Cant tell from your question. If its revenue then almost certainly TLV originated ticket will be cheaper.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: February 03, 2020, 12:38:36 PM »

TLV originating tickets are usually cheaper. So I'd book RT NYC - TLV for whole school year, then a RT TLV - NYC for the simcha.

Also if booking revenue, tickets are generally more expensive for 2 one ways total over one RT. May even be worth to book a open ended ticket (via a travel agent) for the NYC -TLV ticket if you are not sure when exactly he will be coming back.

If you're doing points none of this matters. Book one ways unless fees are more for two one ways over one RT. And even so nay be worth the extra fees for מונחת הנפש incase something comes up to book a one way now and a return later if using miles.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline chief_mag

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: February 07, 2020, 03:07:29 PM »
Flying LX won't help me complete my UA PG challenge, right?

Offline shmulik990

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: February 09, 2020, 06:28:39 PM »
Flew from JFK thru Rome to TLV with Alitalia on Sunday January 26. Its over two weeks and they still have no idea where my suitcase is. I already sent them a detailed list of the contents to help them locate it, but this seems to not have helped at all. Any ideas how to locate it? Have I lost my suitcase forever?

Offline simplicity

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
« Reply #3179 on: February 09, 2020, 07:00:10 PM »
Flew from JFK thru Rome to TLV with Alitalia on Sunday January 26. Its over two weeks and they still have no idea where my suitcase is. I already sent them a detailed list of the contents to help them locate it, but this seems to not have helped at all. Any ideas how to locate it? Have I lost my suitcase forever?
did you use any c.c. That gives travel insurance? Car? Amex?