Author Topic: Discover card benefits - Price protection, Warranty & Purchase Protection?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I called them and was told that they will price match ANY store (that excludes Ebay etc, but 3rd party amazon sellers are OK), even "one day sales", within 90 days, up to $500 per item.

I specifically asked about "Black Friday" type sales, and was told that they will price match it.

All you need are screenshots of the ad/website, the original receipt, and the charge on the statement (she said they can be uploaded to their website, no need for snail mail).

Do any CC's offer better Price Protection then this?
Anyone have experience filing a claim recently? How hard is it?

Also, how is their purchase protection?
We will cover your eligible purchases up to $500 if they are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase
and Warranty?
No need to worry about expired warranties. We will extend the terms of an existing eligible warranty for up to 1 additional year on warranties of 36 months or less.
I found this in the Warranty T&C:
We will duplicate the time period of the original U.S. Manufacturer Warranty and any Purchased Warranty
Does that also extend Accidental damage warranties (squaretrade etc)?

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I called them and was told that they will price match ANY store (that excludes Ebay etc, but 3rd party amazon sellers are OK), even "one day sales", within 90 days, up to $500 per item.

I specifically asked about "Black Friday" type sales, and was told that they will price match it.

All you need are screenshots of the ad/website, the original receipt, and the charge on the statement (she said they can be uploaded to their website, no need for snail mail).

Do any CC's offer better Price Protection then this?
Anyone have experience filing a claim recently? How hard is it?

Also, how is their purchase protection?and Warranty?I found this in the Warranty T&C:  Does that also extend Accidental damage warranties (squaretrade etc)?
IIRC there was something about this going around FT before Black Friday.