Author Topic: Free 2000 Southwest Points  (Read 1889 times)

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Free 2000 Southwest Points
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:53:55 PM »
Southwest is advertising a refer a friend program. They'll give you 500 points for every friend that you refer up to 2000 points. Your friend gets 250 points.

I think the link that I got is targeted so don't want to post it for fear of breaking the rules. Check your email, I'm sure you have a RAF link too.

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
Re: Free 2000 Southwest Points
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 05:22:46 PM »
Southwest is advertising a refer a friend program. They'll give you 500 points for every friend that you refer up to 2000 points. Your friend gets 250 points.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone points me to this but is there any reason I wouldn't be able to refer myself 8 times with other email addresses?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline ShlockDoc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »
is there any reason I wouldn't be able to refer myself 8 times with other email addresses?

Yes, that would be stealing.

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 05:28:25 PM »
Yes, that would be stealing.
Minor details :P Its probably not worth the time of trying to set up 8 new accounts anyway.

I didn't ask if there was any reason I should't, I asked if there is a reason I wouldn't be able to . There's a difference.

Though now that I think about it, I'm probably to blame for that guy who read my post and is now going to refer himself to 8 different accounts.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 05:39:24 PM »
Minor details :P Its probably not worth the time of trying to set up 8 new accounts anyway.

I didn't ask if there was any reason I should't, I asked if there is a reason I wouldn't be able to . There's a difference.

Though now that I think about it, I'm probably to blame for that guy who read my post and is now going to refer himself to 8 different accounts.

Yes theoretically there is a difference, practically if you shouldn't why would it matter if you would or wouldn't be able to...

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 11:01:28 AM »
Plus, there's always the chance of them catching on and that would likely not be worth a couple of thousand points.

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 11:10:18 AM »
This is all I see, emphasis mine.
Can someone provide a link?

Earn 5,000 bonus points.
Invite friends and get 5,000 bonus points for each friend (up to 10) who gets and uses their Rapid Rewards® Premier Card. That’s up to 50,000 points!
^^^

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
Yes theoretically there is a difference, practically if you shouldn't why would it matter if you would or wouldn't be able to...
Aren't like 60% (a random number which I pulled out of nowhere) of the discussions here just theoretical arguments without practical implications? That's what we're here for! :P 

I really hope this doesn't turn into a popcorn thread. Sometimes people forget that sarcasm can't always be seen in text.
This is all I see, emphasis mine.
Can someone provide a link?
This is something different, thats referrals for the CC, this is referrals for joining Rapid Rewards. It was an email that went out.
-Albert Einstein

Online coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 11:26:56 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if someone points me to this but is there any reason I wouldn't be able to refer myself 8 times with other email addresses?
There is at least one reason:
T&C say "A maximum of 2,000 bonus points will be issued, regardless of the number of friends referred."
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 11:38:10 AM »
There is at least one reason:
T&C say "A maximum of 2,000 bonus points will be issued, regardless of the number of friends referred."
I got mixed up between points credited between the one referring and the one getting referred. I was thinking 250 (not 500) for each person I refer which for 8 people would be 2,000.That's why I picked 8 not 800. Not that there's a chance I would have even thought about spending the time to create 800 (or even really 8 ) new accounts.
-Albert Einstein