Author Topic: Delta Master Thread  (Read 133965 times)

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Master Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 24, 2022, 05:57:50 AM »
Does delta offer choice benefits for status earned through status match?

Offline Geshmakeh Chulent Fresser

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2022, 03:15:32 PM »
Looking at Delta flights for Pesach and it looks like they only have one per day.  Per below article they recently had two (or even three) daily flights. 

Any insight into when Delta will resume the more frequent flights?

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/delta-adding-3rd-daily-jfk-tel-aviv-flight-september-october-offering-daily-seats-2-airports/

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2022, 01:24:06 PM »
https://hamodia.com/2022/02/05/delta-asks-doj-to-put-unruly-passengers-on-no-fly-list/

NEW YORK (AP) -
Any person convicted of a disruption on board a flight should be added to the national “no fly” list, Delta Air Lines told the U.S. Department of Justice.

In a letter to the Justice Department Attorney General Merrick Garland dated Thursday, Delta CEO Ed Bastian said there should be “zero tolerance” for any behavior that affects flight safety. Bastian noted that while such incidents of bad behavior represent a small fraction of overall flights on Delta, the rate of incidents on the airline has increased nearly 100% since 2019.

“This action will help prevent future incidents and serve as a strong symbol of the consequences of not complying with crew member instructions on commercial aircraft,” Bastian wrote in the letter furnished to The Associated Press by Delta Air Lines.

Delta has, along with its industry partner Airlines for America, been pushing since last year for heightened reporting, investigation and prosecution of those who interfere with on-board safety. The airlines, based in Atlanta, said it has put nearly 1,900 people on Delta’s “no-fly” list for refusing to comply with masking requirements and submitted more than 900 banned names to the Transportation Security Administration to pursue civil penalties.

A spokesperson with TSA, which enforces the FBI “no fly” list of potential terrorist threats, referred a reporter to the FBI since that agency maintains the database. Both the FBI and the Justice Department declined to comment. The Federal Aviation Administration cited 4.9 reported unruly incidents per 10,000 flights the week ending Jan. 23, according to its website.

In December, the TSA announced a new partnership with the FAA that would call for unruly airline passengers facing additional consequences for bad behavior under a new partnership. Under the alliance, the FAA will share information of passengers facing fines for unruly behavior with the TSA, which may remove the passenger from its pre-check screening eligibility, a privilege reserved for low-risk travelers.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2022, 01:46:04 PM »
So a FA on a power trip should have the ability to ban someone to fly on any airline forever?

Offline Moshe Green

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2022, 04:16:56 PM »
So a FA on a power trip should have the ability to ban someone to fly on any airline forever?

what do you mean? that 2 year old without a mask just may be a terrorist!

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2022, 04:22:16 PM »
what do you mean? that 2 year old  just may be a terrorist!
FTFM and yes. have you ever tried flying with one?

Offline YouKnow

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 09, 2022, 10:24:51 AM »
Anyone looking to book tickets with Delta, I can book for you from my account for a 90% 95% discount. Please PM me

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 09, 2022, 11:04:30 AM »
Anyone looking to book tickets with Delta, I can book for you from my account for a 90% 95% discount. Please PM me

95% discount, sounds like a great deal!  ;)

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2022, 11:18:22 AM »
Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask in. I have a companion cert for Delta, seemingly it's domestic only. I was wondering if there was a way I can use it to cover at least the partial cost for an international flight?

Offline Geshmakeh Chulent Fresser

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 20, 2022, 11:59:39 AM »
https://hamodia.com/2022/02/05/delta-asks-doj-to-put-unruly-passengers-on-no-fly-list/

NEW YORK (AP) -
Any person convicted of a disruption on board a flight should be added to the national “no fly” list, Delta Air Lines told the U.S. Department of Justice.

In a letter to the Justice Department Attorney General Merrick Garland dated Thursday, Delta CEO Ed Bastian said there should be “zero tolerance” for any behavior that affects flight safety. Bastian noted that while such incidents of bad behavior represent a small fraction of overall flights on Delta, the rate of incidents on the airline has increased nearly 100% since 2019.

“This action will help prevent future incidents and serve as a strong symbol of the consequences of not complying with crew member instructions on commercial aircraft,” Bastian wrote in the letter furnished to The Associated Press by Delta Air Lines.

Delta has, along with its industry partner Airlines for America, been pushing since last year for heightened reporting, investigation and prosecution of those who interfere with on-board safety. The airlines, based in Atlanta, said it has put nearly 1,900 people on Delta’s “no-fly” list for refusing to comply with masking requirements and submitted more than 900 banned names to the Transportation Security Administration to pursue civil penalties.

A spokesperson with TSA, which enforces the FBI “no fly” list of potential terrorist threats, referred a reporter to the FBI since that agency maintains the database. Both the FBI and the Justice Department declined to comment. The Federal Aviation Administration cited 4.9 reported unruly incidents per 10,000 flights the week ending Jan. 23, according to its website.

In December, the TSA announced a new partnership with the FAA that would call for unruly airline passengers facing additional consequences for bad behavior under a new partnership. Under the alliance, the FAA will share information of passengers facing fines for unruly behavior with the TSA, which may remove the passenger from its pre-check screening eligibility, a privilege reserved for low-risk travelers.

Reupping in light of today's news.

Offline Ly18

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP DL platinum VS silver HH diamond Marriott gold Avis PC National EE Enterprise platinum Hertz PC
« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2022, 01:41:23 PM »
Is there a way to cancel one leg from a RT award ticket?
Only want the return
yes. call (huca) to have the ticket split into 2 one way tickets. have done so in the past

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2022, 07:37:24 PM »
Trying to check in online and after I enter and submit my passport info it says I need to see an agent and errors out, I tried a few times and the same thing happens.

I've never had that before, but I haven't travelled internationally in many years.

Should I be worried?
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2022, 07:46:09 PM »
Trying to check in online and after I enter and submit my passport info it says I need to see an agent and errors out, I tried a few times and the same thing happens.

I've never had that before, but I haven't travelled internationally in many years.

Should I be worried?
no. The travel ready is a joke barely ever works.

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2022, 07:51:18 PM »
no. The travel ready is a joke barely ever works.

I'm not trying to do the flyready, I just want to checkin online

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2022, 08:15:35 PM »

Should I be worried?
To the US?

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2022, 08:23:36 PM »

Offline theyankel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2022, 09:58:27 PM »

Should I be worried?
is your passport valid? not expired?

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2022, 10:21:57 PM »
is your passport valid? not expired?
mine is and hasn't worked in travel ready

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2022, 10:39:26 PM »
No, leaving JFK
I know traveling to the US can sometimes require now to see a agent..
I wouldn't worry much
Arrive earlier to JFK so you have time to sort it out

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2022, 06:22:36 PM »
I left my carry-on on my return flight yesterday, I have no idea how I did but do I have any hope of getting it back? I submitted this in the https://app.nettracer.aero/lf-pax/delta/lostandfound/landing morning but so far I haven't heard anything.