Author Topic: Delta Master Thread  (Read 135369 times)

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
Re: Delta Master Thread
« Reply #440 on: May 23, 2023, 12:53:00 AM »
First class on a 757 is lie flat? I flew one once to Pheonix and it was but just wondering if they are all lie flat. Its a 4+ hour flight

Offline ejb123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 23, 2023, 10:02:51 AM »
First class on a 757 is lie flat? I flew one once to Pheonix and it was but just wondering if they are all lie flat. Its a 4+ hour flight

If it is a domestic flight, highly unlikely. Delta will usually show in the booking section whether it is lie flat - referenced as Delta One - or in the description of first class in the seat map section if the flight uses a plane with lie flat that they are selling as domestic first class (very rare).

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #442 on: May 23, 2023, 11:42:10 AM »
If it is a domestic flight, highly unlikely. Delta will usually show in the booking section whether it is lie flat - referenced as Delta One - or in the description of first class in the seat map section if the flight uses a plane with lie flat that they are selling as domestic first class (very rare).

That’s what I would imagine too, but I remember last year on a flight to Phoenix and the plane was a 757 with lie flat first class seats (wasn’t in them though). It says on seat map first class and shows the red seats that are usually the recliners, so I think it is regular seats. But on TPG they have several reviews of 757 lie flat seats. Also the upsell is about 1000 bucks (I have upgrade certificate) so I was hoping that is why it is so expensive, but I guess I should not be expecting it.

Also are all the A321 Neo planes the new first class recliners?

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 23, 2023, 11:29:35 PM »
not so rare. You can easily see in the description of the aircraft (on the main site or mobile- not the app)if it's lie flat even when not marketed at D1.
You can also tell from the seating map. If there are only 4 rows on a 752, it's a D1 config.

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 23, 2023, 11:30:39 PM »
Also are all the A321 Neo planes the new first class recliners?
unfortunately, yes.
Best Delta first recliners on the old 737-800s

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 24, 2023, 12:48:47 AM »
not so rare. You can easily see in the description of the aircraft (on the main site or mobile- not the app)if it's lie flat even when not marketed at D1.
You can also tell from the seating map. If there are only 4 rows on a 752, it's a D1 config.

Yes it seems that the 757-200 maybe has more lie flat configurations, I found a different flight that is a 757-200 on the same route that is lie flat. Interesting though, it is NOT sold as D1, rather first class, and only after looking at the seat map does it clearly indicate lie flat seats with the bed pictures on the seating map, however they are in red, indicating first class label, as opposed to purple which would be D1. The difference I guess would basically be lounge access if I had to guess.

unfortunately, yes.
Best Delta first recliners on the old 737-800s

Have you flown the new jets? I was actually excited based on TPG reports of them, hope that they are nice. I got cross country for 10k more miles than economy.

Offline db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
« Reply #446 on: May 24, 2023, 01:52:29 PM »
 for anyone waiting on a response from a delta submitted complaint, was told they are backed up as far back from dec-jan.

Offline Oz

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 30, 2023, 09:42:15 AM »
Sorry if this has been addressed (newbie here) - if you are flying with a companion on the same reservation with Delta and one has medallion status and therefore both travelers are upgrade eligible, if an upgrade is awarded, do they only process it/award it if there are two seats together? 

Would not request it if it results in sitting separately, even in first class.

Thanks!

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 30, 2023, 03:28:33 PM »

Have you flown the new jets? I was actually excited based on TPG reports of them, hope that they are nice. I got cross country for 10k more miles than economy.
don't listen to anything TPG related. All paid ads even when they're not.

Did a red eye SEA-BOS. Pretty disappointed that with all the glitz, they couldn't have bothered to add a footrest

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 30, 2023, 03:29:40 PM »
Sorry if this has been addressed (newbie here) - if you are flying with a companion on the same reservation with Delta and one has medallion status and therefore both travelers are upgrade eligible, if an upgrade is awarded, do they only process it/award it if there are two seats together? 

Thanks!
they'll usually call you to the podium to ask you if you want it split.
If you're not around they'll usually pass you ime but ymmv

Offline Oz

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: May 31, 2023, 02:23:28 PM »
they'll usually call you to the podium to ask you if you want it split.
If you're not around they'll usually pass you ime but ymmv

Much appreciated - thanks!

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 04, 2023, 02:23:05 PM »

Thanks!

Anyone in first class would most likely be willing to swap seats since most seats are pretty much the same and there is only 2 per isle. If you’re both gonna be upgraded and seated separately take it and someone will switch without a fuss, no one ever gave me an issue done it many times

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 12, 2023, 12:24:10 PM »
Don’t know if this is new or not, but there is a carry-on only check-in downstairs in arrivals by JFK t4

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 12, 2023, 08:54:05 PM »
Don’t know if this is new or not, but there is a carry-on only check-in downstairs in arrivals by JFK t4
many airports have kiosks in various spots but not that helpful if you have a smartphone or computer/ printer at home.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 12, 2023, 09:16:28 PM »
I agree, but are you allowed to check in online for basic economy if you don’t have card or status?

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 16, 2023, 11:17:37 AM »
Delta platinum traveling on a VS issued ticket on DL metal,
Is he eligible for complimentary upgrade?

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 16, 2023, 11:56:56 AM »
Yes, I got twice. But he’s probably last on the list in his status bracket

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 16, 2023, 11:57:32 AM »
Yes, I got twice. But he’s probably last on the list in his status bracket

I mean, assuming he’s on miles, if he’s on paid ticket he’s probably in normal order.

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #458 on: June 28, 2023, 11:04:11 AM »
A friend of mine with his family 7ppl and a infant were supposed to be on a flight to FLL yesterday morning. They had their cars seats checked in but after long security lines and a 15min walk to the gate, the flight left without them (and taking their car seats)... They missed the flight by literally 1 minute.

They got rebooked for Friday but is it normal for a nonwhite male gate agent to see a party of 7, who are checked into a flight, and in the actual airport with carseats checked in to leave just like that. He was not friendly to them at all, didn't care. They were not called in the intercom either. Unfortunately they don't remember his name.

Anything they could do, they had to pay extra to get rebooked for Friday and used a venture one CC?

Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline shiframeir

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: spg gold. nothing else. sigh.
« Reply #459 on: June 28, 2023, 12:21:09 PM »
They got rebooked for Friday but is it normal for a nonwhite male gate agent to see a party of 7, who are checked into a flight, and in the actual airport with carseats checked in to leave just like that. He was not friendly to them at all, didn't care. They were not called in the intercom either. Unfortunately they don't remember his name.
this stinks and I feel terrible for them, but not sure why a nonwhite male gate agent is important information here.
They should definitely follow up with airline for compensation. Not sure credit card will do much.