Author Topic: Delta Master Thread  (Read 135388 times)

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
Re: Delta Master Thread
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2023, 11:16:48 AM »
I just think that this is straight out lying, and totally not right. But delta thinks its totally ok

DOT worthy?

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2023, 12:12:58 PM »
DOT worthy?

IMHO no
It's not deceptive marketing if the class is available and the perk is part of a private program with its own T&Cs

Offline monsey yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 15, 2023, 08:25:37 PM »
I left a wig box as a carry on item on a flight tlv to Jfk, I filed a claim with delta any Chance they will find it?
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline shiframeir

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: spg gold. nothing else. sigh.
« Reply #483 on: August 23, 2023, 03:20:10 AM »
I left a wig box as a carry on item on a flight tlv to Jfk, I filed a claim with delta any Chance they will find it?
Ditto my kid left a Nintendo switch case with a switch and some games. I filed a claim but is there something else one can do?

Offline Aviw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 23, 2023, 02:56:36 PM »
earn more from your SkyMiles Membership by linking your account with Starbucks® Rewards. Once linked, you will unlock access to an exclusive offer to earn 1,000 bonus miles.

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 23, 2023, 02:58:14 PM »
earn more from your SkyMiles Membership by linking your account with Starbucks Rewards. Once linked, you will unlock access to an exclusive offer to earn 1,000 bonus miles.
Link?

Offline Aviw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile

Offline monsey yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 23, 2023, 09:03:42 PM »
Ty

Going 2 times to Starbucks required, not worth it
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #489 on: August 25, 2023, 12:39:58 AM »
Delta sky club didn’t believe my round-a-bout hiding that my kid is a little over 2, looked up on the system and turned us away (or pay 50 bucks) so if you try and get in 2 year olds, those days might be over. She was pretty nasty, and wouldn’t believe word of mouth, didn’t straight out lie, but she was very persistent in looking up exact age.

Offline mevinyavin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #490 on: August 25, 2023, 03:20:26 AM »
Delta sky club didn’t believe my round-a-bout hiding that my kid is a little over 2, looked up on the system and turned us away (or pay 50 bucks) so if you try and get in 2 year olds, those days might be over. She was pretty nasty, and wouldn’t believe word of mouth, didn’t straight out lie, but she was very persistent in looking up exact age.
Were there ever days that you were able to do this stuff?
Oddly, I had the opposite problem. We were flying EasyJet TLV-MAN and they kept going on about us having too many bags before they chapped that my two-year-old was a full ticket (she was short for her age).
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 25, 2023, 01:35:56 PM »
Oddly, I had the opposite problem. We were flying EasyJet TLV-MAN and they kept going on about us having too many bags before they chapped that my two-year-old was a full ticket (she was short for her age).

This was in SEA, about 4 hours before in ANC they didn’t even think to ask

And in Centurion they haven’t tried verifying age yet, at least 2x so far.

I just feel like its a little low to not believe word of mouth only to verify that the baby is indeed a couple months over two and you will have to pay 50 dollars or leave. It’s not even like she scanned the boarding pass, they looked up the baby’s ticket in the system to find out the age.

I also think the rule is stupid, like since a 2 year old is not safe to sit on parents lap on airplane they also must cost 50 dollars to enter a lounge, because its not safe for them to enter the lounge on their parent’s ticket?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 01:44:31 PM by Gvann »

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 25, 2023, 01:39:51 PM »

Funny story, sort of on topic, but last year when boarding a DL flight they called business class to board, so we went, and they said “oh we’re not boarding infants yet, only business class” only to hand them business class boarding passes.

Offline stargirl

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 28, 2023, 10:24:30 AM »
Hi all. N00b as you can tell here. Did a search, went through the master threads list, and tried to read. If you have a thread to link, please feel free to do so.

Achieved Delta silver medallion status this year and looks like I will have enough MQM's to gold as I have that many needed pending. How do I get the MQDs quickly before the end of the year? I still am 3K MQDs from pending and do not have a business so do not have amex. Any suggestions?

And, will the MQDs roll over?

Last but not least, if I achieve the MQM requirement for gold, I know that the "excess" rolls over to the next year, but not the whole thing, correct? So the only solution is to achieve gold this year?

Thanks for all help.

Offline Ly18

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP DL platinum VS silver HH diamond Marriott gold Avis PC National EE Enterprise platinum Hertz PC
« Reply #494 on: August 29, 2023, 04:07:49 AM »
Mqd will not rollover.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 29, 2023, 01:23:18 PM »
Hi all. N00b as you can tell here. Did a search, went through the master threads list, and tried to read. If you have a thread to link, please feel free to do so.

Achieved Delta silver medallion status this year and looks like I will have enough MQM's to gold as I have that many needed pending. How do I get the MQDs quickly before the end of the year? I still am 3K MQDs from pending and do not have a business so do not have amex. Any suggestions?

Last but not least, if I achieve the MQM requirement for gold, I know that the "excess" rolls over to the next year, but not the whole thing, correct? So the only solution is to achieve gold this year?

Thanks for all help.

You don’t need to have a business, they have personal cards as well with same function

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 29, 2023, 01:28:17 PM »

Thanks for all help.

Also the way it works with rolling over is anything above the status you actually earn rolls over, so even if you had 150k MQM but only actually qualified for silver with MQD, you’ll have the other 120k roll over

Offline stargirl

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 30, 2023, 01:57:33 AM »
You don’t need to have a business, they have personal cards as well with same function

Is there a personal card with a sign up bonus that will allow me to accrue 3k mqd by Dec? Don't have 25k to spend by the end of the year. Thanks.

Offline Ly18

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP DL platinum VS silver HH diamond Marriott gold Avis PC National EE Enterprise platinum Hertz PC
« Reply #498 on: August 30, 2023, 03:23:24 AM »
The only way to earn mqd is by flying. The mqd waiver is by spending 25k on delta cc and having a delta cc with a min $250 annual fee. Check into booking partner flights where the mqd is a percentage of distance flown regardlessof price.( Or move out of the US to get rid of the mqd requirement...)

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 30, 2023, 02:21:08 PM »
Is there a personal card with a sign up bonus that will allow me to accrue 3k mqd by Dec? Don't have 25k to spend by the end of the year. Thanks.

So let the excess roll over and then spend 25k next year and be closer to platinum quicker. Silver, gold, and platinum is the same 25k spend requirement on a cc so you’ll spend the 25k over the next year starting from january