Author Topic: CO OnePass credit card 50K SIGNUP BONUS  (Read 139644 times)

Offline elig770

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: CO OnePass credit card 50K SIGNUP BONUS
« Reply #440 on: April 12, 2011, 08:46:38 PM »
Do you think 888-245-0625 is any different/better than 888-270-2127, or did I just get lucky on my sixth try? The moral of the story is to never give up :D
So after calling 888-270-2127 two times they told me both times that I was declined because of to many inquiries in the last 6 months, my Continental card was just opened in Feb, and my credit history is still young... So there's nothing they can do. When I asked if they can take credit from my current account or close my current account and push one or two of these apps through, both times they said they can't for the above mentioned reasons.

Not wanting to give up I called 888-270-2127, they told me I spoke to two people already and he can't do anything different than the people I spoke to previously.

So it appears that both numbers are really the same department... Maybe my mistake was calling all right after each other, IDK... For now it looks like I'm out of luck! Glad to hear things worked out for you AsherO.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #441 on: April 12, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Yup, though it seems it'll be a while before I get any more love from Chase...

Edit: I am ecstatic to be editing this post. B"H I got approved for two of my three apps with Chase. I found the reconsideration numbers thanks to Dan, after calling 888-270-2127 five times and having no luck (yes, I explained them I did it for the signup bonuses), I decided to try calling 888-245-0625. Success on my first try. I convinced the gal to approve my Hyatt and United apps, I did have to close my recent CO card, for which I got 55k + $50 :D. Maybe I'll get lucky and get an extra 20k with United.

Do you think 888-245-0625 is any different/better than 888-270-2127, or did I just get lucky on my sixth try? The moral of the story is to never give up :D

I think I'm going to push my luck and apply for the 100k BA promo offer close to its end.
Mazel Tov!
Persistence really is the key, but trying different numbers definitely can't hurt. Good luck with BA!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 12, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »
Did you use the three browser method for those cards?

Yes, got one credit pull. The trick is to have stellar credit so you get instantly approved on all three apps. A pity I missed the BA 100k (or rumors thereof) by just a few days. Explain that you're not actually a credit risk and you signed up for the promo bonuses.

So after calling 888-270-2127 two times they told me both times that I was declined because of to many inquiries in the last 6 months, my Continental card was just opened in Feb, and my credit history is still young... So there's nothing they can do. When I asked if they can take credit from my current account or close my current account and push one or two of these apps through, both times they said they can't for the above mentioned reasons.

Not wanting to give up I called 888-270-2127, they told me I spoke to two people already and he can't do anything different than the people I spoke to previously.

So it appears that both numbers are really the same department... Maybe my mistake was calling all right after each other, IDK... For now it looks like I'm out of luck! Glad to hear things worked out for you AsherO.

You posted the same number twice, did you actually call both numbers? Keep trying, at this point it seems you have nothing to lose.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #443 on: April 12, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »
Yup, though it seems it'll be a while before I get any more love from Chase...

Edit: I am ecstatic to be editing this post. B"H I got approved for two of my three apps with Chase. I found the reconsideration numbers thanks to Dan, after calling 888-270-2127 five times and having no luck (yes, I explained them I did it for the signup bonuses), I decided to try calling 888-245-0625. Success on my first try. I convinced the gal to approve my Hyatt and United apps, I did have to close my recent CO card, for which I got 55k + $50 :D. Maybe I'll get lucky and get an extra 20k with United.

I think I'm going to push my luck and apply for the 100k BA promo offer close to its end.

Congrats!

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 18, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »
The 20k finally posted for a total of 50k pretty good but i could've done better ;)

Offline karen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 20, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »
just checked and the additional 25K just posted! That was for my wife's account.  we'll see what happens when MY statement closes.
It should be the same as the SM convos were identical.
Sent your SM for my husband account and was told that 25K would post in next statement. There is no mention to take $50 back. Thanks for your SM.

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 27, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »
Second invitation with unique "Invitation Number" in 2 weeks now. Despite closing out my account 4 months ago. Actually this is the 5th email from them for 50k since closing the account. Other 3 were stock 50k emails. I've been searching the HTML code to see if anything is unique about these personal invites and not much cross-referencing to previous member eligibility that I can find. I'm debating to use my new onepass account with different address and data to apply for this unique invitation. But not sure if it will be later found out that the emails, onepass#, and other queries will alert this to stop the bonus. I recieved this 2nd unique invite at 11:06am, my other onepass got a it's firt offer this morning too for only 25k on the other email. I wonder exactly what they have in the datbaseses that cross-linking the solitation (invitation #) to the correct onepass number, how, etc, anyway to bypass it, or even checked at all? I'm going to be pissed if I apply for this after being solicited 5x since Feb after account closing, and 2 invites specifically going to the unique "FlexWeb App" address. Seems to me they are inferring an exeception to the one-time bonus rule.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 09, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »
I closed my CO card on April 6 . I would like to churn it I have 2 questions
1) I see most people are mentioning a 30 day wait , however some are mentioning a 60 day wait . Could peop share their experience.
2)When I open a new CO FF account do I need to change info , name ? email? address?

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 15, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/continental.aspx?&offer=OPP50. That's generic link for this offer. HT. FlyerTalk
Is this link really going dead today , or is it just officially going dead but the link will still work

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 15, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »
I closed my continental Card a month ago. I would like to sign up again for the 50K bonus. Is it too soon to sign up again or does it pay to try?

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #450 on: May 15, 2011, 12:09:15 PM »
I closed my continental Card a month ago. I would like to sign up again for the 50K bonus. Is it too soon to sign up again or does it pay to try?

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 16, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »
This link is still active.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 16, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »

My take it goes by application date, not closure date, you might want to consider Dan's 30k + $50 app, then match to 50k, I got a total of 55k + $50, YMMV.

Offline beej

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold
« Reply #453 on: May 16, 2011, 01:20:53 PM »
with the link still active and the expiry date yesterday may 15, does anyone have any verification that the deal works?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 16, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »
with the link still active and the expiry date yesterday may 15, does anyone have any verification that the deal works?

The 50k link will work, not sure about the matching though.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 18, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »
i know this was already discussed how its not reporting CL. I just wanted to say i noticed something interesting i got the free equifax and it has 4 categories for accounts: 1) mortgage 2) installment 3) revolving and 4) other. My amex charge cards fall into the "other" catagory and so do both my chase CO and chase UA cards. it seems like they r treating them as charge cards except that they are not.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 18, 2011, 02:03:41 PM »
My amex charge cards fall into the "other" catagory and so do both my chase CO and chase UA cards. it seems like they r treating them as charge cards except that they are not.
it has been kvetched about here that chase does not report credit lines. so for credit report purpose it may as well be a charge card. look at the credit limit reported on those cards; is it your 'real' credit limit? or the highest spend done on that card?

Offline deals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 18, 2011, 10:06:18 PM »
link dead !!

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 18, 2011, 10:16:18 PM »
link dead !!
It was good while it lasted.

Offline Swizard210

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #459 on: May 25, 2011, 10:52:04 PM »
I had churned the 50K CO and 30K UA cards a couple weeks backs before the deal ended and was denied on both, but after calling retentions etc, I got both decisions overturned and was approved on both.  Just waiting on receiving the CO card still.  Once I get the card, I will call and confirm the promotion for 50K is still applied to my account since I called retentions after the 15th.