Author Topic: CO OnePass credit card 50K SIGNUP BONUS  (Read 139668 times)

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: CO OnePass credit card 50K SIGNUP BONUS
« Reply #460 on: May 26, 2011, 08:24:37 AM »
I applied for the CO card. got denied. I'll try now to get it approved thru closing the BA card, but I wonder if they will still match me the 50,000 offer. any suggestions?
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 26, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »
If you applied the right way, why not? All they are doing is pushing through your original application.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 26, 2011, 08:54:03 AM »
If you applied the right way, why not? All they are doing is pushing through your original application.

+1, One shouldn't affect the other.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 27, 2011, 03:39:43 AM »
Don't cancel your BA card.  Call the Chase Reconsideration line (# around here somewhere).  Don't say you got the denial letter.  Say you haven't heard anything and you want to know what the status of your application is.  When she tells you that you ere denied, you can go from there.  The most common tactic is to have your credit line moved around...

I applied for the CO card. got denied. I'll try now to get it approved thru closing the BA card, but I wonder if they will still match me the 50,000 offer. any suggestions?

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 03, 2011, 03:29:30 AM »
Ok, important data point here:
I just had 50k posted to my statment. I previously got the 35k bonus last year.
I spent relentless weeks going through info on these types of sites to find the best
way to double dip. But how likely is it that they will find out and yank these miles back
from me? Different FF#, did a lot of hokus pokus on existing account and new account
in hopes of not red-flagging the data query system (took SQL last semester, maybe I
finally got some use out of that class).

Offline karen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 03, 2011, 08:32:40 AM »
Ok, important data point here:
I just had 50k posted to my statment. I previously got the 35k bonus last year.
I spent relentless weeks going through info on these types of sites to find the best
way to double dip. But how likely is it that they will find out and yank these miles back
from me? Different FF#, did a lot of hokus pokus on existing account and new account
in hopes of not red-flagging the data query system (took SQL last semester, maybe I
finally got some use out of that class).
It is not likely that they will take miles back. You have nothing to worry about.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2011, 09:14:24 AM »
It is not likely that they will take miles back. You have nothing to worry about.

+100

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2011, 02:22:22 PM »
So even though they miles are only showing on the CC statment so far, Not on "Rewards Details" section online and of course as a result not actually posted to my FF account, it could be likely that they will eventually show on those parts too? My concern is they have this posted when I log in: "Due to scheduled maintenance, some credit card rewards will be unavailable Friday, June 3, from 10 PM until around 7 AM ET on Sunday, June 5. (Posted June 2)"

So I'm hoping this is not a database sweep of miles that people should not have received. I've never seen that particular messege before for the weekend updates. As of today the miles still don't reflect on the Rewards Details part of the web page. I'm crossing my fingers for this one since all I have at the moment is the miles on the PDF statement.

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2011, 04:03:07 PM »
So even though they miles are only showing on the CC statment so far, Not on "Rewards Details" section online and of course as a result not actually posted to my FF account, it could be likely that they will eventually show on those parts too? My concern is they have this posted when I log in: "Due to scheduled maintenance, some credit card rewards will be unavailable Friday, June 3, from 10 PM until around 7 AM ET on Sunday, June 5. (Posted June 2)"

So I'm hoping this is not a database sweep of miles that people should not have received. I've never seen that particular messege before for the weekend updates. As of today the miles still don't reflect on the Rewards Details part of the web page. I'm crossing my fingers for this one since all I have at the moment is the miles on the PDF statement.
I'm pretty sure I've seen similar messages in the past.

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2011, 05:02:01 PM »
Good to know. I'm not counting my eggs till they hatch until it actually posts to my new FF number. I'll know I'll have passed the relational database query by then. They are now showing the rewards under my online summary with the Rewards details. What I did was use a formal invite for 50k that was sent to my original email and FF#, I had recieved several of them over the months and all had differnt addreses and the html code on the email actually had my data hard-coded into the email html, of course the invitation # was the only thing that I could see that would reference it to the fast-web html code. If it's questioned later I got some backup that may confuse them and give me more ammo.
And also, this was a two-browser method so attention was brought to my previous card from last year during one of the recon calls. Maybe last years 35k offer is not considered the same offer as this years 50k offer too and that passed it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:06:51 PM by scwam »

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2011, 11:41:17 PM »
  8) Hell yes, the miles just posted to my new FF account tonight after 4 days of waiting axiously. This has been a few months in the planning and I'm ecstatic that this actually worked.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
So how did u do it

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 06, 2011, 11:58:01 PM »
  8) Hell yes, the miles just posted to my new FF account tonight after 4 days of waiting axiously. This has been a few months in the planning and I'm ecstatic that this actually worked.

Nice. I've recently churned UA and CO successfully, but I got the dreaded BA letter...

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 07, 2011, 12:11:59 AM »
So how did u do it
Open a new FF account , new physical and email address helps. Until they crack down like by BA.

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 07, 2011, 12:14:33 AM »
First I need to mention that I only got 35k last year, so i didn't actually double dip on 50k.
 2/12/10 Applied Co
~2/19/10, Approved
3/9/10 Recived 35k
1/12/11 Closed CO card (in pre-planning of this wanted 90+ days from closure to try again)

2/11 to 4/11 Received several personal invites for 50k offer to my original CO email FF/Chase login email address despite just closing that card
                                 This could be the single reason for the second bonus (being a unique invite, will never know)

~4/15/11 Made new FF# with my Short name (Dan vs Daniel), made address next door (Duplex I live in, mother's) and added "-2" to that address line. So the address was similar but changed like this from 536 Street name to 538-2 Street name. Changed city to the major city that we are in annexed to instead of the Beach area name that is actually part of that city . The zip stayed the same as my Chase account data and the old FF# account. Zip was only thing exactly the same, and the street name (omitted "St." on the new FF#).

~5/1/11 Changed my chase online account to  "hide" the old CO account from viewing abilities. Changed the online Chase email addy from the original address (also on file with old FF# and it's where the invite was sent to) to the the addy matching the new FF#. (I may have done this after the application, can't quite remember)

~5/11 Changed my old FF# to my sisters address in California with her work phone as home and my cell phone as business (all this data never on file with chase or CO). I think I may have deleted or corrected the Passenger information to reflect my name without middle name here too. Can't remember quite.

5/11 (don't want to give exact date and tip them off) Applied again for CO but using the personal 50k invite sent to the original email that was on file for the old FF# and my chase login. That personal invite, when clicked, autopopulated my real full name, minus 1 character at the end of my name (typically happens with my long name on some systems). On this pre-invite, I put the new FF#, the new email address associated with the new FF# in and my credit info into the application. Address was already populated with my correct address.

The last 3 steps I can't remember if they are in the correct order. I mean, I think I would have changed the data on the old FF# before the application, but I'm not really sure if I did it before or after that application was submitted. It's possible I may have done it afterwards as i remember getting worried about something with the address matching too closely.

Additional details after approval
Approved for card after Recon about May 13 - 14th.
Called on the 14th and asked for card to be express mailed
Received card May 17th.
Change Billing date from June 12 or 13th to June 2nd.
Charge over 10% of the Credit Line to the card before the Billing date (did so within 2 weeks).
Added a new bank account never previously given to chase to pay most of the balance off which posted day of the new bill date.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:13:24 AM by scwam »

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #475 on: June 07, 2011, 12:37:36 AM »
First I need to mention that I only got 35k last year, so i didn't actually double dip on 50k.
 2/12/10 Applied Co
~2/19/10, Approved
3/9/10 Recived 35k
1/12/11 Closed CO card (in pre-planning of this wanted 90+ days from closure to try again)

2/11 to 4/11 Received several personal invites for 50k offer to my original CO email FF/Chase login email address despite just closing that card
                                 This could be the single reason for the second bonus (being a unique invite, will never know)

~4/15/11 Made new FF# with my Short name (Dan vs Daniel), made address next door (Duplex I live in, mother's) and added "-2" to that address line. So the address was similar but changed like this from 536 Street name to 538-2 Street name. Changed city to the major city that we are in annexed to instead of the Beach area name that is actually part of that city . The zip stayed the same as my Chase account data and the old FF# account. Zip was only thing exactly the same, and the street name (omitted "St." on the new FF#).

~5/1/11 Changed my chase online account to  "hide" the old CO account from viewing abilities. Changed the online Chase email addy from the original address (also on file with old FF# and it's where the invite was sent to) to the the addy matching the new FF#. (I may have done this after the application, can't quite remember)

~5/11 Changed my old FF# to my sisters address in California with her work phone as home and my cell phone as business (all this data never on file with chase or CO). I think I may have deleted or corrected the Passenger information to reflect my name without middle name here too. Can't remember quite.

5/11 (don't want to give exact date and tip them off) Applied again for CO but using the personal 50k invite sent to the original email that was on file for the old FF# and my chase login. That personal invite, when clicked, autopopulated my real full name, minus 1 character at the end of my name (typically happens with my long name on some systems). On this pre-invite, I put the new FF#, the new email address associated with the new FF# in and my credit info into the application. Address was already populated with my correct address.

The last 3 steps I can't remember if they are in the correct order. I mean, I think I would have changed the data on the old FF# before the application, but I'm not really sure if I did it before or after that application was submitted. It's possible I may have done it afterwards as i remember getting worried about something with the address matching too closely.
Pretty freaken extensive. This should be considered a case study for this sorta thing.
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 07, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »
I wish I had kept a time-log of this process, hence the reason I was  continually updating the post as I was trying to chronologically remember the details of what was done when.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 07, 2011, 12:41:44 AM »
 2/12/10 Applied Co
~2/19/10, Approved
3/9/10 Recived 35k

Very nice compilation there. Kudos for the effort.

Pretty freaken extensive. This should be considered a case study for this sorta thing.

Hey, better than n00bs with their spare posts.

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #478 on: June 07, 2011, 12:42:01 AM »
I wish I had kept a time-log of this process, hence the reason I was  continually updating the post as I was trying to chronologically remember the details of what was done when.
is it really worth all the hassle? I mean did you do it for the value or just for the rush of outsmarting chase?

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 07, 2011, 12:43:03 AM »
Very nice compilation there. Kudos for the effort.

Hey, better than n00bs with their spare posts.
Hey Im no n00b anymore, Im bronze elite, so watch yourself son