Author Topic: CO OnePass credit card 50K SIGNUP BONUS  (Read 139659 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: CO OnePass credit card 50K SIGNUP BONUS
« Reply #480 on: June 07, 2011, 12:55:06 AM »
I've churned dozens of Chase cards using new FFNs without a problem.  Not sure what all the commotion is about.  The BA card was an exception as there was an extraordinary amount of communication going on between Chase and BA (I even got an email after opening the card asking me to return my FFN to a US address to qualify for the bonus) but besides for that card I don't think anything major has changed.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 07, 2011, 12:57:09 AM »
is it really worth all the hassle? I mean did you do it for the value or just for the rush of outsmarting chase?
For me it was worth it, simply because this 50k has about $1000 value for my ticket to China. i simply need to buy 1 ticket, earn the 15k
miles from the trip and get the second ticket free. These tickets are over $1500 each starting. It was a time consuming and obsesive process though. My wife, who is Chinese thinks I spent too much time planning this, but I'll show her! Next plan is to cancel this account at the right time to avoid the transition of the CO cards to the to the UA card that Chase will implement and hopfully get the UA card on my own around Oct (if it has a high enough bonus then).

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #482 on: June 07, 2011, 12:58:23 AM »
For me it was worth it, simply because this 50k has about $1000 value for my ticket to China. i simply need to buy 1 ticket, earn the 15k
miles from the trip and get the second ticket free. These tickets are over $1500 each starting. It was a time consuming and obsesive process though. My wife, who is Chinese thinks I spent too much time planning this, but I'll show her! Next plan is to get this account closed at the right time to avoid the switch to the UA card that Chase will implement and hopfully get the UA card around Oct (if it has a high enough bonus then).
What do you mean by switch? The CO card will become UA when they merge?
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #483 on: June 07, 2011, 12:59:07 AM »
I've churned dozens of Chase cards using new FFNs without a problem.  Not sure what all the commotion is about.  The BA card was an exception as there was an extraordinary amount of communication going on between Chase and BA (I even got an email after opening the card asking me to return my FFN to a US address to qualify for the bonus) but besides for that card I don't think anything major has changed.
Dan, Let us n00bies have fun

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 07, 2011, 01:00:16 AM »
What do you mean by switch? The CO card will become UA when they merge?
i have a strong feeling they will change everyone CO card to Milage plus cards between Oct and Nov. just my hunch, effectively disqualifying them from any UA bonus.

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 07, 2011, 01:02:47 AM »
i have a strong feeling they will change everyone CO card to Milage plus cards between Oct and Nov. just my hunch, effectively disqualifying them from any UA bonus.
I have a UA card already (in addition to CO) I dont mind if they change it over, then Ill just merge them into one card assuming its switched to the same...I wonder if we'll lose the free bag with the CO card, that would stink.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 07, 2011, 01:02:47 AM »
is it really worth all the hassle? I mean did you do it for the value or just for the rush of outsmarting chase?

Both of those are valuable IMHO.

Hey Im no n00b anymore, Im bronze elite, so watch yourself son

I wasn't referring to you personally ;)
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 07, 2011, 01:04:30 AM »
Both of those are valuable IMHO.

I wasn't referring to you personally ;)

I agree, was just curious what his motivation was- the feel of the good old feeling of cold hard cash, or the passionate rush from outsmarting everyone.

Sure you werent  8)

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 07, 2011, 01:06:28 AM »
To be honest you are right on both parts Smokey Joe. I did get a rush when I changed the personal invite html code to reflect the new FF# and email address and made it load exactly like the original. But I'm not sure if that type of talk is condoned here. I know I will never utilize it now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:09:32 AM by scwam »

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 07, 2011, 01:07:42 AM »
During one of my conversations with recon they mentioned that all co card will switch over to ua sometime in the future

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 07, 2011, 01:09:56 AM »
How much info do you change every time . And how long do you wait to go back to and reuse old info.

I did it for the first time just switched my address kept everything else the same . Just posted on my CC statement today , assuming they will go to my new FF account.

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 07, 2011, 01:11:30 AM »
How much info do you change every time . And how long do you wait to go back to and reuse old info.

I did it for the first time just switched my address kept everything else the same . Just posted on my CC statement today , assuming they will go to my new FF account.

Did the miles just post on your statement? If so, hopfully in 4 days to the new FF account.

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 07, 2011, 01:16:01 AM »
Did the miles just post on your statement? If so, hopfully in 4 days to the new FF account.
I'm hopin an prayin

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 07, 2011, 01:43:23 AM »
I forgot to mention some important details. I'll add it to my original post.
I had the card Express mailed to me, Approved on the May 12th after Recon call and recived on the 17th or so. 
I changed the due date from July 8th and asked for it to be due on the 27th of each month instead.
This effectively changed the billing date from June 12th, or 13th (whatever it was originally) to June 2nd. Allowing me to get the
statement quick enough and the miles to post quickly in hopes they didn't have a lot of time for their system to catch this. It was
really all messed up because they changed the wrong account at first and several phone calls were made to them to make sure
it was corrected. Apparently it did not bring any undesirable attention to the fact I already had a CO card, however one rep did notice on Recon call. The very first call the to change the bill date, the guy asked if I had 2 FF#'s, I thought I was busted and he would annotate that. I confirmed I did & explained I had issues with getting logged/couldn't remember password (something-other)  over one weekend and just made another for checking redemption rates, etc.
It may be worth mentioning that I charged at least 10% of the Credit limit and let that balance stay on there up till the bill date.
I had also added a new bank account to only the CO card for online payments that had never been added to any other of my chase cards and made a partial $500 payment on the date of billing (june 2nd).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:18:29 AM by scwam »

Offline jkaufman770

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:26 AM »
Just got my 50k signup bonus. IN about 2 weeks after the first purchase.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 07, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »
would it really disqualify?

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 07, 2011, 12:19:49 PM »
To be honest you are right on both parts Smokey Joe. I did get a rush when I changed the personal invite html code to reflect the new FF# and email address and made it load exactly like the original. But I'm not sure if that type of talk is condoned here. I know I will never utilize it now.
Yea better to keep non business chats and opinions off the the thread, otherwise people are going to start recommending we get a virtual room.

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 16, 2011, 08:46:23 PM »
I just cancelled this card in order to approve a ua app. I originally got 50k by upgrading the 30k offer. Now I got a email with a solicited 50k promo. Will I be able to churn the offer?

Offline doublejay

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 21, 2011, 03:51:38 PM »
I am sorry to sound like a dummy but is this still alive. Is it 30k and you can call to get it switched to 50k?

Is this a good option for my 3rd Chase app with the 3 browser method?

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 21, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »
I am sorry to sound like a dummy but is this still alive. Is it 30k and you can call to get it switched to 50k?

Is this a good option for my 3rd Chase app with the 3 browser method?
yes except dont call to get matched send a secure message