Author Topic: Td bank closing down accounts  (Read 8762 times)

Offline Sholomg

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Td bank closing down accounts
« on: May 12, 2015, 07:15:05 PM »
I just received a letter from td bank that they're shutting down all my accounts. Obviously they don't give a reason and just say that they have the right to close down your accounts at any time. I really can't imagine what I have done. Does anyone have experience with td bank or any suggestions please?

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Td bank closing down accounts
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 07:23:13 PM »
I just received a letter from td bank that they're shutting down all my accounts. Obviously they don't give a reason and just say that they have the right to close down your accounts at any time. I really can't imagine what I have done. Does anyone have experience with td bank or any suggestions please?
So, whaja do?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Sholomg

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:30:10 PM »
Called the number on the letter left a message and they call me back and tell me the expected in a rather rude way "just because we put a number on the letter people assume that when they call they're going to get answers which is not the case"
It's obsurd that they can just leave you hanging like that and what if they made a mistake. It's ridiculous I'm looking for suggestions.

Offline yitrap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 08:36:45 PM »
Is there a specific reason why you need to use TD? Do you happen to have a solid relationship with one of the bankers there? I know my banker in B Of A would be able to help with something like this.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:37:55 PM »
It's obsurd that they can just leave you hanging like that and what if they made a mistake. It's ridiculous
They're a tough bank to deal with
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16069.msg1077033#msg1077033

Offline Sholomg

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 08:50:00 PM »
They're the most convenient for me. I wouldn't bank in Santander or bofa and there's no citi near me and I was shut down by chase for I'm not sure what reason why. So the only bank I'm left with is Wells Fargo I guess. Is my history with chase what's causing this? Will I not be able to open an account anywhere?

Offline Mocha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 08:54:57 PM »
They're the most convenient for me. I wouldn't bank in Santander or bofa and there's no citi near me and I was shut down by chase for I'm not sure what reason why. So the only bank I'm left with is Wells Fargo I guess. Is my history with chase what's causing this? Will I not be able to open an account anywhere?
Nothing comes to mind why both Chase and TD do not want your business?

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 08:56:31 PM »
Nothing comes to mind why both Chase and TD do not want your business?
+1

My comment above was meant to be- what did you do to make them close you down?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 08:57:36 PM »
No specific transaction that could've caused it?

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 09:00:15 PM »
There's something you're doing. You don't have to admit it to us, but admit it to yourself so you don't get shut down again.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »
There's something you're doing. You don't have to admit it to us, but admit it to yourself so you don't get shut down again.
Yep that sums it up.

Offline Sholomg

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 10:17:06 PM »
You have a chutzpah to say such a thing if you don't have anything useful to say don't say it and don't accuse and make it sound like the banking system is all fair and they do everything straight. Chase was credit cards and I probably had too much credit and for a month before I got shut down I was purchasing a lot of stuff paying of my bill and swiping again. I did nothing wrong or illegal chase may have not liked it but I did nothing illegal it had nothing to do with my banking. Td the only thing I do is bank I deposit checks I write out checks and pay bills it's that simple. So thanks for accusing and I hope you wake up and smell the coffee one day and stop talking out of your rear and actually thinking before you get excited that you're gonna get another post on Dansdeals

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 10:27:44 PM »
You have a chutzpah to say such a thing if you don't have anything useful to say don't say it and don't accuse and make it sound like the banking system is all fair and they do everything straight. Chase was credit cards and I probably had too much credit and for a month before I got shut down I was purchasing a lot of stuff paying of my bill and swiping again. I did nothing wrong or illegal chase may have not liked it but I did nothing illegal it had nothing to do with my banking. Td the only thing I do is bank I deposit checks I write out checks and pay bills it's that simple. So thanks for accusing and I hope you wake up and smell the coffee one day and stop talking out of your rear and actually thinking before you get excited that you're gonna get another post on Dansdeals
I never "accused" you of doing anything illegal or wrong. I strongly suggested that you are doing something that the banks don't like. Do you understand the difference?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 11:42:11 PM »
I hear but he meant no harm. All he's saying is that when you get shut down twice the most probable explanation is that you're doing something they don't like (not necessarily illegal) but if you're saying it's not the case here so then it's a different story.

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 03:10:41 AM »
He definitely wasn't accusing you of doing anything illegal but talk about a guilty conscience...

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 07:41:25 AM »
He definitely wasn't accusing you of doing anything illegal but talk about a guilty conscience...
+1

Offline A3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 07:50:47 AM »
For someone to be so defensive.... Maybe do a cheshbon habanking system and try to figure it out.

Banks have a right to do what they want. Just check out the Chase AA thread. I'm sure you have.

As far as other banks... Maybe slow it down a bit, idk where you are but there are usually local banks or credit unions that are great 🏦

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 08:54:50 AM »
Wife got her CC shut down from them, but our regular accounts are still fine.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 09:27:15 AM »
This isn't an issue opening a new account, so it's probably something you did with TD (not another bank) that caused them to view you as risky.

BTW, very ironically, I am pretty sure that TD Bank contributes to but doesn't use ChexSystems, so while getting shut down by chase for risky activity will probably make it extremely difficult to open a new account at most banks, not so at TD AFAIK.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 09:28:14 AM »
This isn't an issue opening a new account, so it's probably something you did with TD (not another bank) that caused them to view you as risky.

BTW, very ironically, I am pretty sure that TD Bank contributes to but doesn't use ChexSystems, so while getting shut down by chase for risky activity will probably make it extremely difficult to open a new account at most banks, not so at TD AFAIK.
What's ChexSystems?