Author Topic: Our honorable governor Mr. Chris Christie for President  (Read 4428 times)

Offline freddy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Our honorable governor Mr. Chris Christie for President
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
Honestly, even if that actually happened as alleged (which I doubt),?
Do you deny what happened? The bridge wasn't closed? David Wildstein didn't plead guilty? 'Bridge't Kelly didn't email "time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee?
it was just an entrance lane from Fort Lee that was closed. Those poor suckers had to drive 2 blocks back and sit in traffic with everyone else For 4 hours instead of using their local street entrance to their own group of tollbooths (the 3 to the right).
Do I think it's corrupt if it's true? Yes. Is it as corrupt as the stuff NJ is famous for? Not even close. Corzine and his cronies had more corruption in their left pinkie toe.
The reason this is so damaging is because it's so petty. In any case I was responding to someone who said that Christie's biggest accomplishment was fighting corruption - whatever your opinion of him is I think it's a stretch to say that the governor who's Deputy chief of staff, and appointees to Port authority caused traffic to punish a political opponent, stopped corruption.
The worst thing I can remember Christie doing was using police helicopter to go to personal events, and he ended up paying back the state for the cost. Can you imagine Obama paying for personal use of government resources? Or even the media making a big deal about him doing so? People want to make Christie look bad, and they're digging deep. That's why they keep coming back to his weight.

Christie is not presidential material. But he does not seem to be your typical politician and he does not seem to be corrupt. Think of him as similar to Bloomberg, just a guy with a lot of money and good leadership skills. That only goes so far though.
I disagree on both those points. Also I'm curious: what makes you think he is not presidential material?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:42:44 PM by freddy »
"Judge me by the enemies I make"

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 12:38:51 AM »
I don't think his weight is that big of a deal

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 12:39:38 AM »
I don't think his weight is that big of a deal
+1, he already lost a lot of it.

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »
Do you deny what happened? The bridge wasn't closed?

That's right, the bridge was not closed

In any case I was responding to someone who said that Christie's biggest accomplishment was fighting corruption - whatever your opinion of him is I think it's a stretch to say that the governor who's Deputy chief of staff, and appointees to Port authority caused traffic to punish a political opponent, stopped corruption.

And I don't. Find me some non-petty incidents, or at least an incidence of Christie himself acting corruptly.

I disagree on both those points.

Sounds good. Do have any idea why you disagree?

Also I'm curious: what makes you think he is not presidential material?

His bluntness, for one thing. He does not know how to speak or answer questions the way a politician needs to (i.e. non-divisively)

Offline yos9694

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »
Business leaders can handle political roles, in a pinch, especially when the area of their office has issues that can be solved economically. They don't make good politicians in general though. Think of it this way: the head of a business wants to do things a certain way and starts making changes/telling people what they should be doing - some people are going to jump on the bandwagon and some people are going to hate it. No problem, because if you don't like the way I run my business you can go find yourself another job.

A politician has a very limited ability to say my way or the highway. They need to try and make everyone happy, which is why no one is ever happy, and why nothing ever gets done.

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 03:15:18 PM »
A politician has a very limited ability to say my way or the highway.

You mean like Obamacare? Like Obama pardoning illegals by executive order?

They need to try and make everyone happy, which is why no one is ever happy, and why nothing ever gets done.

Obama seems to be getting whatever he wants done. (Except for his gun control plan, which he is not done with yet). I don't recall him trying to appease Republicans or make them happy when it came to Obamacare.

Allow me to correct your statement:

A conservative politician has a very limited ability to say my way or the highway.

Offline freddy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 08:45:21 PM »
That's right, the bridge was not closed OK you win on that one technically the bridge wasn't closed. Just some of the access lanes.

And I don't. Find me some non-petty incidents, or at least an incidence of Christie himself acting corruptly. If he couldn't control his own friends corruption-wise I don't think it's fair to say he accomplished, stopping corruption.

Sounds good. Do have any idea why you disagree?   
His bluntness, for one thing. He does not know how to speak or answer questions the way a politician needs to (i.e. non-divisively)He kicks most at retail politics/ interacting with constituents.
"Judge me by the enemies I make"