Topic Wiki

Sam's Club deal: "Get a 1X $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $20 or more online at samsclub.com by 9/30/2015. Offer not valid in Club or on pickup program orders paid for in Club."
The spending could comprise multiple transactions that total $20 or more; there is no need for any one transaction to be at least $20.

Sorry, max # of Card Members have enrolled in #AmexSamsClub offer.

If you do not have membership, there is a 10% surcharge on every item on Samsclub.com.

Temporary Membership
Temporary membership with its home address in California does NOT pay the surcharge, and can ship to anywhere - even out of CA.

Regular Membership http://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=aboutSams
sam's plus $100/year The LivingSocial deal expired.
sam's business $45/year
sam's savings $45/year

Military Membership - A Membership exclusively for active and retired military personnel and their spouses. Get a $15 gift card when you join or renew as a Sam’s Savings™ or Sam’s Business™ member or a $25 gift card when you join or renew as a Sam’s Plus™ member.
Collegiate Membership - A Membership exclusively for college students. Get a $15 Sam’s Club Gift Card.

From the Sam’s Club Refund Policy: "We will refund any Member's membership, in full, at any time, if they are NOT satisfied for any reason."

Gift cards
You can buy gift cards at samsclub.com to get the Amex credit. Samsclub.com sells many physical and egift cards at a discount. You can also buy Sam's Club gift cards at face value with free shipping. Sam's Club gift cards can be used either at Sam's Club in club, samsclub.com, at Walmart stores and walmart.com.
Gift of membership cards can be used as regular $45 gift cards. If you ship these to most states, sales tax is added to your order but your card will still only be worth $45. You will get your full value only if you can ship them to one of the few states where sales tax is not added.
For a completely free purchase, use the Sam's Club Android app to buy two $10 Sam's Club gift cards, or four of them if you are splitting the payment between two enrolled Amex cards. (There is a minimum quantity of 10 cards if you order these on the web site; the Android app does not have this minimum.)

Offer Valid Until 9/30/15.

1)Note that the charge has to post by that date. Be sure to order at least a few days before then to give time for the order to process.

2)Note that purchasing an item with an Amex and returning it in store, will result in a refund on your Amex card, not store credit or cash.

Great Doctor ofCredit article explaining details of promotion

Dans MS Posts
Receive $20 Off $20 At SamsClub.com Via Amex Offers
HOT! Get (A Lifetime Supply Of) Free Diapers And Wipes From Sam’s Club With AMEX Offers!
K-Cups On Sale From Sam’s Club

Filler Items
Zebra F-301 Ballpoint Pen - Blue Ink - 102594 $1.98
uni-ball Jetstream Ballpoint Stick Pen, Black Ink - Medium - 880587 $2.18
Highland - Economy Masking Tape, 3/4" x 60yds, 3" Core - Cream  $1.78

Author Topic: Amex $20 samsclub.com offer, ended 9/30/2015  (Read 264241 times)

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex $20 Sams Club Offer!
« Reply #1440 on: September 24, 2015, 08:41:32 PM »
I bought a $50 SC gift card a few weeks ago. Instead, I got a $45 gift of membership. I was going to let it go, but I had to call about something else so I mentioned it. Shortly after, I got a notice that a $50 gift card would be shipping out, then my $45 one had been erased by SC. A week later, I get another email saying the $50 gift card was cancelled, and I was emailed a FedEx shipping label for the empty $45 membership card. I have called in a few times to see exactly what they want because it seems ridiculous that they expect me to Fedex a blank gift card for a mistake they made, but apparently that's what they want so they can refund me the $50. Of course, that would mean an AMEX clawback of $40 ($20 x2).

At this point, should I just use those same cards to make another SC purchase? When the clawback happens after promo ends, I can contact AMEX and explain that I made another purchase of $20+ so I should get the credit. What do you think?

Offline unavailable

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: September 24, 2015, 09:07:47 PM »
Should work, after all you made a purchase at sc so you deserve the credit.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 24, 2015, 11:37:06 PM »
I bought a $50 SC gift card a few weeks ago. Instead, I got a $45 gift of membership. I was going to let it go, but I had to call about something else so I mentioned it. Shortly after, I got a notice that a $50 gift card would be shipping out, then my $45 one had been erased by SC. A week later, I get another email saying the $50 gift card was cancelled, and I was emailed a FedEx shipping label for the empty $45 membership card. I have called in a few times to see exactly what they want because it seems ridiculous that they expect me to Fedex a blank gift card for a mistake they made, but apparently that's what they want so they can refund me the $50. Of course, that would mean an AMEX clawback of $40 ($20 x2).

At this point, should I just use those same cards to make another SC purchase? When the clawback happens after promo ends, I can contact AMEX and explain that I made another purchase of $20+ so I should get the credit. What do you think?
if you can, go to a local store and get a manager to deal with getting you a new one.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1443 on: September 26, 2015, 07:43:21 PM »
Now that $20 and $40 GCs are OOS, what's best way to maximize?

Also, is this true still?

If you register your free online SamsClub.com guest account with an address in California you won’t even pay the 10% penalty for not being a member. That applies even if you ship your items and list your billing address outside of California!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:06:37 PM by AJK »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 26, 2015, 07:59:49 PM »
Now that $20 and $40 GCs are OOS, what's best way to maximize?
Probably $45 gift of membership (the $10 GC's require a minimum of 10)
Also, does is this true still?
As of a few days ago it still worked for me

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1445 on: September 26, 2015, 08:07:22 PM »
$45 gift of membership? Meaning I should buy a membership to SC?

Also, after reading a bit, it looks like I can buy $10 GC with android app without minimums.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 26, 2015, 08:32:23 PM »
This. It works as a regular $45 GC.

Offline ah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 26, 2015, 08:33:24 PM »

Also, after reading a bit, it looks like I can buy $10 GC with android app without minimums.
yes you can use the app for $10 gcs

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 26, 2015, 08:35:18 PM »

yes you can use the app for $10 gcs

Thanks, much.

It may be worth doing the $45 GC just to avoid having to use the mobile site :O

Offline ah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 26, 2015, 08:37:21 PM »
Thanks, much.

I entered/saved my cc #'s on the PC first, made it a lot easier.

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 27, 2015, 02:26:23 AM »
I'm trying to use the app to buy $10 GCs, but don't see an option to check out using a temporary membership- keep getting prompted to sign in or join. Anyone with a helpful tip?

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: September 27, 2015, 08:42:08 AM »
I'm trying to use the app to buy $10 GCs, but don't see an option to check out using a temporary membership- keep getting prompted to sign in or join. Anyone with a helpful tip?
Koi and cancel when you're done

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: September 27, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »

Can this also be used for at Walmart as a $45 GC?

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 27, 2015, 09:07:24 AM »
I have the same question.
Answer needed fast, as this deal will be dead after succos.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: September 27, 2015, 09:17:32 AM »
I have the same question.
Answer needed fast, as this deal will be dead after succos.
Yes. It's been mentioned many many times in this thread. Walmart and SAMs club gift cards are one and the same. They all (including regular Walmart gift cards) say both Walmart and SAMs club on the back.

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: September 27, 2015, 09:19:00 AM »
Yes. It's been mentioned many many times in this thread. Walmart and SAMs club gift cards are one and the same. They all (including regular Walmart gift cards) say both Walmart and SAMs club on the back.
Except what they're discussing is not a regular gc...

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: September 27, 2015, 09:24:57 AM »
Thanks, much.

Also keep in mind the convinence aspect. Since it sounds like you are ordering GC for the first time from SAMs club keep these 2 things in mind. 1. There are a lot of issues and difficulties when it comes to activating the gift cards. Why go through that hassle times 4 (4x $10) instead of just once. 2.Consolidating that many gift cards can be a royal pita I would just go for the $45 and be done. However, one last thing to keep in mind you must order to a state that has no tax for memebership (list is on their site somewhere), otherwise you will pay tax on what is essentially a gift card. That extra tax amount will not be added to your balance.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 27, 2015, 09:27:10 AM »
Except what they're discussing is not a regular gc...
That's all part of their (and your) misunderstanding. They are regular $45 gift cards. I was the one that originally tried and tested this method. I reported extensively about it up thread. It's even in the wiki.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: September 27, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »
Thanks for info. About your last point, if I register SC account in CA, but ship GC to NJ, will I be fine?

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: September 27, 2015, 09:32:59 AM »
Thanks for info. About your last point, if I register SC account in CA, but ship GC to NJ, will I be fine?
No. For tax it will go by ship to add. They will charge you tax when shipping to NJ. I tried shipping to NJ and was charged tax, so I shipped mine to Ohio/Florida.