Author Topic: United GC's  (Read 1733 times)

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
United GC's
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:12:48 AM »
Can't find all this info all in one place, or at all.
I'm sitting on a bunch of United GC's, and was never able to use them because I always fly award tickets.
Finally flying a revenue ticket, 3 pax, tried to put them in repeatedly at the payment point, and it errored out.
Called the web support number, it dropped me at reservations, who kept insisting I had to pay $25 x3 to book by phone. I insisted that I was happy to book online, they wouldn't let me. Transferred me to web support who dropped the call.

Researched while sitting on hold again. Seems that:
This is a common issue
you can't use more than one GC per reservation.
People said online to put the GC in the offer code section prebooking. Didn't work for me

Finally got through to someone at web support. She immediately offered to waive the booking fee, and apply the GC. I told her I had three GC, so she offered to split up the bookings (which I was about to ask her to do)[size=78%].[/size]

I tried to apply my travel bank (another $200), bu that apparently can't be used in conjunction with a GC. Nu Nu.

So i'm left with three reservation numbers, and hopefully used all three GC's. She told me it has to be processed manually by a different dept. and could take up to my travel date (in sept.!) I'm a little nervous about that, but don't see a choice.
Hopefully the new site will fix some of this, and hopefully I'll be able to see the trips online with the reservation numbers provided, and hopefully they won't magically disappear, it seems that UA has a problem with that.

Did I miss anything?

ETA: All the reservations are online, and all say that they expire at midnight tonight. I guess I'll see how they look tomorrow. Don't like that so much.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:16:59 AM by thaber »

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: United GC's
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 12:25:18 AM »
Trying to understand what happened. They devided one reservation in 3 PMRs?  :o

Also, I am afraid that they are going to expire if they were not sent in for ticketing.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:28:44 AM »
Trying to understand what happened. They devided one reservation in 3 PMRs?  :o

Also, I am afraid that they are going to expire if they were not sent in for ticketing.
yes. nice of them, no?
I'm afraid of that to. Not sure whayt I can do to avoid it though

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 12:29:55 AM »
What is your routing?

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:30:35 AM »
LAX-BWI
ORF-IAH-LAX

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 12:36:25 AM »
LAX-BWI
ORF-IAH-LAX
And each one of the three PNRs have the complete routing LAX-BWI
ORF-IAH-LAX?

#weird

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 12:43:24 AM »
And each one of the three PNRs have the complete routing LAX-BWI
ORF-IAH-LAX?

#weird
yup. agreed.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 02:47:22 AM »
Update:
They pushed the ticket by date to midnight Monday May 18th. Are they going to push it every day till they ticket?
Odd

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 01:19:20 AM »
Just to update - was pushed another day to 5/19. Wonder if its automatic or someone's doing it

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
Just to update - was pushed another day to 5/19. Wonder if its automatic or someone's doing it
For all those waiting,  two of the tickets were booked.  Third one is still getting pushed every day.  I also got a paper confirmation on the mail for one of the booked ones which seemed very strange. 

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 03:19:29 AM »
Can't find all this info all in one place, or at all.
I'm sitting on a bunch of United GC's, and was never able to use them because I always fly award tickets.
Finally flying a revenue ticket, 3 pax, tried to put them in repeatedly at the payment point, and it errored out.
Called the web support number, it dropped me at reservations, who kept insisting I had to pay $25 x3 to book by phone. I insisted that I was happy to book online, they wouldn't let me. Transferred me to web support who dropped the call.

Researched while sitting on hold again. Seems that:
This is a common issue
you can't use more than one GC per reservation.
People said online to put the GC in the offer code section prebooking. Didn't work for me

Finally got through to someone at web support. She immediately offered to waive the booking fee, and apply the GC. I told her I had three GC, so she offered to split up the bookings (which I was about to ask her to do)[size=78%].[/size]

I tried to apply my travel bank (another $200), bu that apparently can't be used in conjunction with a GC. Nu Nu.

So i'm left with three reservation numbers, and hopefully used all three GC's. She told me it has to be processed manually by a different dept. and could take up to my travel date (in sept.!) I'm a little nervous about that, but don't see a choice.
Hopefully the new site will fix some of this, and hopefully I'll be able to see the trips online with the reservation numbers provided, and hopefully they won't magically disappear, it seems that UA has a problem with that.

Did I miss anything?

ETA: All the reservations are online, and all say that they expire at midnight tonight. I guess I'll see how they look tomorrow. Don't like that so much.
Final update on this - the third reservation kept getting pushed day to day and not being ticketed.  Turned out I had to cancel the trip. 
The unticketed one canceled with no problems,  the other two have a fare credit and will have a $200 change fee when I use them. 
Update:
They pushed the ticket by date to midnight Monday May 18th. Are they going to push it every day till they ticket?
Odd

For all those waiting,  two of the tickets were booked.  Third one is still getting pushed every day.  I also got a paper confirmation on the mail for one of the booked ones which seemed very strange.