Author Topic: get your tour while you still can  (Read 3424 times)

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
get your tour while you still can
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:50:06 PM »
if you are eligible for upgrade with sprint, I can get you a clean reconditioned/refurb by BB, not asurion or aftermarket, for 125 with upgrade, or 100 new without camera, new with cam is 220. Available for pickup in brooklyn.  Pm me.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: get your tour while you still can
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 04:05:09 AM »
if you are eligible for upgrade with sprint, I can get you a clean reconditioned/refurb by BB, not asurion or aftermarket, for 125 with upgrade, or 100 new without camera, new with cam is 220. Available for pickup in brooklyn.  Pm me.

$120 for the camera?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:10:27 AM »

sorry for lack of clarity
100 new - non cam
125 refurb
225 brand new

the 125 is for camera refurb by bb.
$120 for the camera?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:44 AM »
"Sprint" has always been SO easy to work with! Already got our order in...
Thanks!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »
sorry for lack of clarity
100 new - non cam
125 refurb
225 brand new

the 125 is for camera refurb by bb.

You just raised your price for $5 on the new non cam.

My surprise is concerning the $120 (now $125) difference between the cam and the non-cam option (both new), it just sounds a bit high.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
The cam new is 225 and the non cam new is 100.
Look on ebay and CL to get it cheaper. I did...the best i found was a "new" one with cam for 195- without the box and without the sim card (wonders how he got it)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 12:46:29 PM »
The cam new is 225 and the non cam new is 100.
Look on ebay and CL to get it cheaper. I did...the best i found was a "new" one with cam for 195- without the box and without the sim card (wonders how he got it)

I agree, this seller is overpriced, I just didn't want to cr@p his thread if I wasn't interested in buying at all.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
I agree, this seller is overpriced, I just didn't want to cr@p his thread if I wasn't interested in buying at all.
Oh, i wasnt saying he was overpriced at all!! I think he is actually a great deal...
I was saying i looked on ebay and couldnt do much better. The best i found was a "new" stolen tour for $30 less (actually $20 less once you factor shipping)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 12:53:11 PM »
Oh, i wasnt saying he was overpriced at all!! I think he is actually a great deal...
I was saying i looked on ebay and couldnt do much better. The best i found was a "new" stolen tour for $30 less (actually $20 less once you factor shipping)

Really? I find it hard to believe because Sprint.com was selling refurbs for $80 a little while back, and I didn't think there was such a big disparity between refurb and new. I got my Tour over two years ago for $190 on Craigslist, I guess the prices haven't come down as much as I'd imagined they would (two years is eons in the cellphone world, even with Sprint CDMA blackberries...).

Blacklisted ESN on Sprint isn't necessarily stolen (would a seller actually say he's selling stolen goods on eBay?). It's usually either a phone that has an Asurion claim on it (i.e. lost it, filed the claim, then found it), or an account that was suspended for non-payment.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 12:57:29 PM »
Really? I find it hard to believe because Sprint.com was selling refurbs for $80 a little while back, and I didn't think there was such a big disparity between refurb and new. I got my Tour over two years ago for $190 on Craigslist, I guess the prices haven't come down as much as I'd imagined they would (two years is eons in the cellphone world, even with Sprint CDMA blackberries...).

Blacklisted ESN on Sprint isn't necessarily stolen (would a seller actually say he's selling stolen goods on eBay?). It's usually either a phone that has an Asurion claim on it (i.e. lost it, filed the claim, then found it), or an account that was suspended for non-payment.

It could be they "were" selling tour refurbs for $80 a while ago but not now.
I actually called the guy from ebay. I asked him how it was brand new (as he claimed) and he didnt have the box. He didnt have an answer. He had 2 of them for sale...He also didnt call me back ;)

Also, didnt sprint just come out with the tour last year? i may be wrong...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:01:09 PM by David »

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 10:46:44 PM »
Honestly, the price is simply based on currentl supply and demand. Almost anyone with an old F&C plan can't get any newer BB than the tour, and because of the sprint policy kicking in this weekend, its gotta be done by sunday.  While a tour could have been had for less a week ago, the demand for them skyrocketed, at least with the people (F&C plans) I deal with - I sold 8 in the last 2 days - and I dont generally sell phones, as well as several palm 755 - for the same reason.

Also, sorry I had a typo with the 5 off in the original price.  As for the discrepancy in price between camera and non camera - most people are willing to pay very little for a phone without a camera - ask them why - again, a supply and demand thing. Again, just to be totally clear, this is not a good price at all if you have a simply everything plan, but if you have anything older, - especially with the old bb soc codes active on your plan (that are long since gone) its now or never...

The phones are in Brooklyn - feel free to pickup. Otherwise - you pay the overnight ship.

Also, if you have a smartphone on your line on F&C, and cant upgrade online due to "not being 39.99 plan or higher", for your addons, (if this is you, you know who you are, if your'e not sure, logon and see if you can upgrade an addon, if yes this is not you) I will buy your upgrade off you for $75, and upgrade b4 sunday.  Your plan will not be affected except that your contract will be extended for 2 years.  Keep in mind after the weekend, you can still upgrade to a non smartphone in store, (usually), but you will not get your rebate as you can't put the non smartphone on the line, because you wont be able to put it back on.  Anyway, after that elongated speech, if you think its not a good deal, feel free to ignore the post, or comment on it, or whatever...If you are interested, pm me.

;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:07:33 AM by sprint »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 10:47:57 PM »
Honestly, the price is simply based on currently supply and demand. Almost anyone with an old F&C plan can't get any newer BB than the tour, and because of the sprint policy kicking in this weekend, its gotta be done by sunday.  While a tour could have been had for less a week ago, the demand for them skyrocketed, at least with the people (F&C plans) I deal with - I sold 8 in the last 2 days.

Thanks for sharing, this is good to know.

Offline ?

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 11:14:15 PM »
"Sprint" has always been SO easy to work with! Already got our order in...
Thanks!
+1000

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »
+1000

Awwww...blushing...stop it...

Offline YOSEF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 11:57:21 PM »
nullSprintnull has always been SO easy to work with! Already got our order in...
Thanks!
+1000
Agreed.
A very yosher guy who also is clear about all terms.  I'm actually a little upset that I didn't see this post until after I bought a curve.

Just as a side point, as AsherO mentioned, Sprint, the company, not the DDF user, was selling these a little over a month ago for $80 refurb, but they sold out pretty quickly and haven't had any more since.