Author Topic: Call from Chase- In reply of New offer UMPE card- deficit mile credit.  (Read 1683 times)

Offline john

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United 1K
Hello- My wife just got a call from chase. I had sent a secured message to get 20K deficit miles for UMPE card after getting 30K miles, showing an offer for 50K. On the call- rep told my wife, that this is in response to your request for 20K deficit miles, that you requested. we are unable to give you, as you have taken it 3 times before. this is not right. we are going to inform fraud department of chase as well as we are going to notify United. My wife said ok andhung up.

Any advise, Any experince of these kind form anyone before? What should I do? proactively or reactively?
I logged in to her chase account and it looks ok. no reply to my secured message online yet for last 3 days. also all accounts are open right now.

Any advise?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Yowza.

Never heard of that happening before, but I'm not sure you'd be able to do anything at this point anyway.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Hello- My wife just got a call from chase. I had sent a secured message to get 20K deficit miles for UMPE card after getting 30K miles, showing an offer for 50K. On the call- rep told my wife, that this is in response to your request for 20K deficit miles, that you requested. we are unable to give you, as you have taken it 3 times before. this is not right. we are going to inform fraud department of chase as well as we are going to notify United. My wife said ok andhung up.

Any advise, Any experince of these kind form anyone before? What should I do? proactively or reactively?
I logged in to her chase account and it looks ok. no reply to my secured message online yet for last 3 days. also all accounts are open right now.

Any advise?

1. What does this have to do with the fraud dept.?
2. How long was it since the last time you had the bonus?

Offline john

• View Profile
Don't know. May be churning related for fraud. Last time got bonus couple of months back.

Offline Buruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Whats deficit miles?

Offline john

• View Profile
Whats deficit miles?
Offer signed up for 30K. existing offer 50K. 20K - "Deficit miles"

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
If you're paranoid, transfer all her UR points to FF programs. When chas shuts people down for churning, they either won't reimburse you for the points or will give you 1cpp.

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
If you're paranoid, transfer all her UR points to FF programs. When chas shuts people down for churning, they either won't reimburse you for the points or will give you 1cpp.
+Spend all your United points!