Author Topic: What Hotel Award Reservation Did You Just Book/Hold  (Read 125711 times)

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: What Hotel Award Reservation Did You Just Book/Hold
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »
Hyatt Regency Long Island. Figured its close, I can try out my Diamond status for the first time, and was able to use my DSU before Feb. Also - its quite cheap.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2015, 02:34:48 PM »
St Regis Bahia Beach 30k SPG x 4 nights ($2500 cash price).

Really only need 3 but my checkin date had 4 night min. I'll figure something out (I hope).
Called SPG who reached out to the hotel. Got 30k refunded and ressy modified to 3 nights.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:57:49 PM by coralsnake »
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »
booked my last 2 nights for 2015 to reach plat status through Feb 2017. (hoping marriott keeps SPG elite program alive. a few more years = lifetime plat)
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline GettingReady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2015, 08:06:06 PM »
First award booking ever: 5 nights Hilton Waldorf Astoria in Rome! So excited for 25th anniversary/retirement trip. It's surreal. We typically stay in places less than $100.  Have reservations for other nights but need to work on points.

Wed: points used
Thurs:
Fri: weekend cert
Sat: weekend cert
Sun: fifth night free

Will use points for Thurs. Just got 80k Amex Surpass in mail yesterday. Only one unsolved mystery. Where the 80k in my account came from after talking to CSR about reservations. I only have Citi Hilton Reserve and new surpass used today for the first time.

@ Matouv (? spelling), can you please explain previous post about free meals at Waldorf using Barclay card? Hubs has one.

Offline Matovu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond,
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2015, 08:07:48 PM »
Quote from: GettingReady link=topic=52456.msg1353665#msg1353665

@ Matouv (? spelling), can you please explain previous post about free meals at Waldorf using Barclay card? Hubs has one.

Use the Barclay to pay the bill,
Over 100.00 you can redeem for travel.

Offline benjie1305

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »
First award booking ever: 5 nights Hilton Waldorf Astoria in Rome! So excited for 25th anniversary/retirement trip. It's surreal. We typically stay in places less than $100.  Have reservations for other nights but need to work on points.

Thurs:

Will use points for Thurs. Just got 80k Amex Surpass in mail yesterday. Only one unsolved mystery. Where the 80k in my account came from after talking to CSR about reservations. I only have Citi Hilton Reserve and new surpass used today for the first time.

Use the Barclay to pay the bill,
Over 100.00 you can redeem for travel.

Just FYI - that doesnt make your meal free.
Work hard, Play harder!

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2015, 08:22:05 PM »

Thurs:

I dont think you will get the fifth night free unless you use 4 nights with points. I dont think you can combine 2 nights of certificates and 2 points nights to get the 5th night free. If you can that would be awesome! anyone have any experience

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2015, 08:40:56 PM »
I dont think you will get the fifth night free unless you use 4 nights with points. I dont think you can combine 2 nights of certificates and 2 points nights to get the 5th night free. If you can that would be awesome! anyone have any experience

I didn't think so either, but CSR said I could. Hubs was going to do a weekend with his cert and she suggested he use it elsewhere so I could get the free night (if all bookings were in my name). We'll see what happens when I get the other points.

Thanks for replying about the Barclay. That's what I thought but wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2015, 08:46:21 PM »
I didn't think so either, but CSR said I could. Hubs was going to do a weekend with his cert and she suggested he use it elsewhere so I could get the free night (if all bookings were in my name). We'll see what happens when I get the other points.

Thanks for replying about the Barclay. That's what I thought but wasn't sure if I was missing something.
do you have an actual booking?

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2015, 08:58:30 PM »
do you have an actual booking?

We're booked for every night but Thurs. Once I have the points for that, CSR said to take dh off booking for 5th night and I can get it free.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2015, 09:02:13 PM »
We're booked for every night but Thurs. Once I have the points for that, CSR said to take dh off booking for 5th night and I can get it free.
keep us posted thats good news

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2015, 09:11:24 PM »
keep us posted thats good news

Will do. Since my CL is a measly 2k, it will be next billing cycle before I can meet spend and points post. Sigh.

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2015, 03:11:48 AM »
Will do. Since my CL is a measly 2k, it will be next billing cycle before I can meet spend and points post. Sigh.

Just churn your CL.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2015, 05:22:04 AM »

People def have
EDIT: double checked and one of the people who I thought did apparently may not have
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:56:15 AM by Emkay »

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2015, 05:24:31 AM »

Thurs:

Do you have the $100 credit on your Hilton card? That will work towards meals

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2015, 05:47:47 AM »
Just churn your CL.

Ugh! I don't know how many times I've read about doing that. Did I think about doing that in my particular case? Nope. (Head slap) Thanks for mentioning it.

@emkay, nice to know that other people have done the same and stacked the weekend nights with a 5th free night. That's a huge help as I also need to get our arrival night in Rome (at the Airpirt Hilton before a cruise) covered as well as 3 nights in Venice. I'll be working on Diamond and we can apply for the Citi Hilton cards in Jan/Feb.

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2015, 05:57:42 AM »

Do you have the $100 credit on your Hilton card? That will work towards meals

Hmm, I missed hearing about a $100 credit. I'll have to check our Reserve and Surpass T&Cs. Figured breakfast and (?) lounge in evening might help out. We've never been in an airport or hotel lounge with drinks/snacks so it's all new to us.

Don't suppose anyone has any idea where the extra 80k points came from in my account? The entry said "point deduction error bonus" so I'm thinking the CSR I did the original booking with put it there. I don't know how many times I've checked my CCs to make sure I don't have a forgotten Hilton. :)

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2015, 06:05:46 AM »
Hmm, I missed hearing about a $100 credit. I'll have to check our Reserve and Surpass T&Cs. Figured breakfast and (?) lounge in evening might help out. We've never been in an airport or hotel lounge with drinks/snacks so it's all new to us.

Don't suppose anyone has any idea where the extra 80k points came from in my account? The entry said "point deduction error bonus" so I'm thinking the CSR I did the original booking with put it there. I don't know how many times I've checked my CCs to make sure I don't have a forgotten Hilton. :)
It's on the reserve card and they don't all have it, depends on the link you signed up with

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2015, 06:07:59 AM »
It's on the reserve card and they don't all have it, depends on the link you signed up with

Check your rewards page on Citi's website and you'll see if you have it or not.

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2015, 06:29:07 AM »
Check your rewards page on Citi's website and you'll see if you have it or not.

Thanks Emkay and D93. I checked both accounts and not on either. I appreciate the info though. I've gotten so use to the culture of "the game" being anti spoon feeding, that I'm almost afraid to ask questions, and it surprises me when people voluntarily share information on forums. It's like a breath of fresh air. :)