Author Topic: RIP/BDE Master Thread  (Read 408254 times)

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: RIP/BDE Master Thread
« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2017, 11:03:04 PM »
Now for the response:

I wan't defending the totality of the questioners actions, I was just saying that he himself didn't believe what he was saying, Rav Aharon Leib knew that (he knew him very well), and therefore wasn't screaming at him, but at the people that sent him to ask the question.

I was just clarifying that point.

Is he right for every other part of what he did, I think you make a great case about that.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:07:12 PM by Baruch »

Online hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2017, 11:03:36 PM »
To paraphrase Rav Shteinman, the reason why you responded that way, has nothing to do with anything but "GAAVAH, GAAVAH, GAAVAH!

Have some anivus and talk with respect to people.
...said the person who thinks that that is the only thing to be taken from that video. Im sorry youre so sensitive. Grow some thicker skin.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2017, 11:06:25 PM »
...said the person who thinks that that is the only thing to be taken from that video. Im sorry youre so sensitive. Grow some thicker skin.
I'm not sensitive. I think the way you responded was wrong, and called you out on it.

BTW, from the bullet points you wrote above, it is obvious that you misunderstood much of what Rav Aharon Leib said.

Online hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2017, 11:10:57 PM »
I'm not sensitive. I think the way you responded was wrong, and called you out on it.

BTW, from the bullet points you wrote above, it is obvious that you misunderstood much of what Rav Aharon Leib said.
Taken out of context thats what he said. Cut up the video into smaller soundbites see hownit sounds.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2017, 12:38:10 AM »
Many people misunderstand this, I also did till I found out the context. The guy pressing him was playing devil's advocate in order to get a good reaction for the camera. He was very close to Rav Aharon Leib, he founded tens of Kollelim, he's a big personality, and was "raitzing un the matzav"
I understood it this way too after noticing that Sorotzkin was motioning to the camera to come closer after HaRav Shteinman Zatzal was getting into it. It appears that Sorotizkin wanted to get this statement from him and publicize this, that selectiveness is terrible and stems from things totally antithesis to Kedusha.

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 14, 2017, 08:04:18 AM »
I was wondering when I saw the pictures yesterday why there was literally no one there.
Not literally literally

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 14, 2017, 08:30:01 AM »

Offline Yikes2179

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 14, 2017, 08:39:58 AM »
Huh?
Literally would mean there was no one there - since there WERE people there you must not have meant literally literally

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 14, 2017, 08:49:33 AM »
Wow!!! He held himself back from calling the guy who was pressing him a Baal Gaaveh too. The guy wasnt getting the answer he wanted so he pressed and pressed. Why couldnt he be honest and say, "This is what i need to hear, whether you agree or not".
R Shteinman famously once asked this person being videoed how much of what he did was lishmah and how much was shelo lishmah. The person (R' Sholom Ber Sorotzkin, although if you didn't know that then you shouldn't be commenting on this video) answered 90% shelo lishmah, 10% lishmah. R' Shteinman said "It's a pity it's not 100% shelo lishmah, or we'd have another 10 kollelim".
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2017, 08:50:51 AM »
Literally would mean there was no one there - since there WERE people there you must not have meant literally literally
Not very appropriate comparison, but can't stop from being reminded of the Dzigan piece where the wife is complaining about the bonus her husband the bus driver was given. He has been a driver for so long and had only ran over four people. To which the husband retorts: ״אויך מענטשן. צוויי גאליציאנע, איין ליטוואק, און איין פרענק. אויך מענטשן״.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »
Who would have thought in todays day and age with all the drones and reporters they were able to fool 600,000 people and get the Gadol to his Kever so quietly??? That is insane!! Cant say I totally agree with it given the lack of kavod to the family or close talmidim but wow!

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2017, 11:31:48 AM »
Fascinating that they completely honored his requests. There were actually no hespedim and he was buried within 6 (or 7) hours.
Amazing to see the amounts of people who came out to the levaya. Kavod asu lo bmoso
Where does it say 6 hours in the tzavvah? I've seen this in many places.. the actual tzavah doesn't say that rather asap...

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »
Who would have thought in todays day and age with all the drones and reporters they were able to fool 600,000 people and get the Gadol to his Kever so quietly??? That is insane!! Cant say I totally agree with it given the lack of kavod to the family or close talmidim but wow!
anything to avoid this
https://www.timesofisrael.com/man-killed-at-funeral-of-prominent-ultra-orthodox-rabbi/

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2017, 01:42:59 PM »
anything to avoid this
https://www.timesofisrael.com/man-killed-at-funeral-of-prominent-ultra-orthodox-rabbi/
How does this help ? Everyone was crushed against the empty vehicle thinking the niftar was in there.
R’ Elyashiv’s & R’ Yosef’s levaya had much larger crowds & nothing major happened.

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »
Where does it say 6 hours in the tzavvah? I've seen this in many places.. the actual tzavah doesn't say that rather asap...

possibly under 6 hours is the 'default' for asap?

This seems to be in place in some Israeli restaurants, busses, airports, and hotels. Plus it's the length of time after meat until dairy. So maybe it's an asap measurement, i.e. k'Zayis, revi'is, etc..
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2017, 12:33:24 AM »
How does this help ? Everyone was crushed against the empty vehicle thinking the niftar was in there.
R’ Elyashiv’s & R’ Yosef’s levaya had much larger crowds & nothing major happened.
Oh well, as a kohen this could have been a great opportunity to get that close up to a levaya...  :P