Author Topic: DDF DO: NYC Edition?  (Read 1204743 times)

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: DDF DO: NYC Edition?
« Reply #600 on: February 11, 2011, 02:33:47 PM »
@Dan
My office is 15 min away from LGA, where I'd be coming from. It would be my pleasure to pick you up.

P.s. It can save each person about $5 :)

Work on Sunday morning?

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 11, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »
Dan, I'll drive you from CLE.
(since we know how much you love driving and hate flying :) )

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #602 on: February 11, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
@Dan
My office is 15 min away from LGA, where I'd be coming from. It would be my pleasure to pick you up.

P.s. It can save each person about $5 :)

Thanks for the offer...reminds me of when Yubie picked me up from JFK on my way back from Brazil and drove me around the entire day :)

I'll probably come in on the early flight and daven at the ohel.  If anyone wants to chauffeur/babysit me for the whole day though I won't say no.  Otherwise a rental is probably best.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 11, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »
Thanks for the offer...reminds me of when Yubie picked me up from JFK on my way back from Brazil and drove me around the entire day :)

I'll probably come in on the early flight and daven at the ohel.  If anyone wants to chauffeur/babysit me for the whole day though I won't say no.  Otherwise a rental is probably best.

I think someone might take you up on that offer. (not me)
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #604 on: February 11, 2011, 04:04:30 PM »
I think someone might take you up on that offer. (not me)
Who?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 12, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 12, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
If only Talia's didn't have a limit of 1 cert per table...

Offline mancunian

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 12, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »
what do you mean? it would be my honor to be his chauffeur/babysitter. but i dont have a car
you guys dont pick up your friends from the airport?

and about this la stuff, um... i think i was one of those trouble local kids when u were there ;)
and lav davka did i come out totally frum

but, to put in my 2 cents, i prefer la/nyc to small towns. people dont have that narrow mindedness. its just the fact. i think. i never did an official study though, and i dont wish to judge or offend anyone. personally, i think i gained a lot from travelling the (parts of) world - with regards to being narrow minded. but someone who comes out frum from la or nyc (not like a stupid CH'er) is much better off with regards to his outlook i think. and i dont see myself being satisfied with having frum kids. i want them to be normal. so no pittsburgh ;)

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 12, 2011, 11:14:18 PM »
I have some tentative weekends with a Lincoln MKX :-)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 13, 2011, 01:13:25 AM »
what do you mean? it would be my honor to be his chauffeur/babysitter. but i dont have a car

and about this la stuff, um... i think i was one of those trouble local kids when u were there ;)

but, to put in my 2 cents, i prefer la/nyc to small towns. people dont have that narrow mindedness. its just the fact. i think. i never did an official study though, and i dont wish to judge or offend anyone. personally, i think i gained a lot from travelling the (parts of) world - with regards to being narrow minded. but someone who comes out frum from la or nyc (not like a stupid CH'er) is much better off with regards to his outlook i think. and i dont see myself being satisfied with having frum kids. i want them to be normal. so no pittsburgh ;)
I'm obviously biased, but I don't think Clevelanders or other "small towners" are narrow minded.  People here are have been around the world and back, but just prefer the simple, calm, spacious, and safe environment that you can get here that you can't get in NYC.

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #610 on: February 13, 2011, 10:11:23 AM »

but, to put in my 2 cents, i prefer la/nyc to small towns. people dont have that narrow mindedness. its just the fact. i think. i never did an official study though, and i don't wish to judge or offend anyone. personally, i think i gained a lot from travelling the (parts of) world - with regards to being narrow minded. but someone who comes out frum from la or nyc (not like a stupid CH'er) is much better off with regards to his outlook i think. and i dont see myself being satisfied with having frum kids. i want them to be normal. so no pittsburgh ;)
I found the outlook and open mindedness of out of towners to be much better then those who come from NY. Of course  CH is another story.

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #611 on: February 13, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »
Who?
I was discussing with AsherO if we should pick u up from the airport. He wasn't sure if you'd rather that or driving you own fancy Avis car...
In any case, iI would be happy to drive u around Sunday (not sure about the babysitting part, I stopped 'pampering' a while ago :)). If the winner is the one who has the nicest car, I'. Not sure my Chevy Minivan will qualify, but it definitely will give you a smooth ride wherever you take it.

Regards from Venice. I sent Rami your regards and he knew that many people were coming because of the Iberia deal.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 13, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »
I was discussing with AsherO if we should pick u up from the airport. He wasn't sure if you'd rather that or driving you own fancy Avis car...
In any case, iI would be happy to drive u around Sunday (not sure about the babysitting part, I stopped 'pampering' a while ago :)). If the winner is the one who has the nicest car, I'. Not sure my Chevy Minivan will qualify, but it definitely will give you a smooth ride wherever you take it.

Regards from Venice. I sent Rami your regards and he knew that many people were coming because of the Iberia deal.
Lol...
I don't need any fancy cars...I drive a beat-up Chevy Minivan at home that I traded for a mileage ticket :)
The Caddy/Infiniti just becomes a fringe benefit of traveling when I go from a regular joe shmoe to getting treated like royalty by the airlines/car rental agency/hotels.

If someone wants to take me from LGA to the Ohel, LM, and back to LGA I won't say no to saving everyone a few bucks.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 13, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »
I found the outlook and open mindedness of out of towners to be much better then those who come from NY. Of course  CH is another story.
Many NY'ers have an unfortunate superiority complex...I hope that people that travel and get out of NY as much as DDF'ers do would rise above that.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 13, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »
So anyone else up for sitting at 8 different tables at Talia's and then asking them to combine the tables :D

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 13, 2011, 01:30:23 PM »
Avid reader, still alive? YAY !

I guess your virtual guide didn't fail you.

Tell R' Banin regards from "kosher discount/Gros". That's somehow me.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 13, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »
If any confirmed DO attendees want to try for Talia's for free you can post your referral link (one-time exception!) here.
If 3 people buy with your link then your purchase is free.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 13, 2011, 02:03:50 PM »
Add this to the why I don't live in NY list:
http://www.crownheights.info/index.php?itemid=32341

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 13, 2011, 02:06:44 PM »
The final date is 3rd April?

Scary to book so far ahead...

(2), 4, 6 weeks earlier would be tops.

If AAA could show up that would be nice, as didn't finish his treatment last time...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 13, 2011, 02:08:59 PM »
The final date is 3rd April?

Scary to book so far ahead...

(2), 4, 6 weeks earlier would be tops.

If AAA could show up that would be nice, as didn't finish his treatment last time...

7 weeks ahead, you can do it :)