Author Topic: iOS 8.3  (Read 839 times)

Offline Ephraimh

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
iOS 8.3
« on: June 08, 2015, 05:16:59 PM »
Has anybody had problems adding a gmail account to the iOS built in mail app after updating to iOS 8.3?
I've seen it discussed on a few tech blogs, but none of their solutions seem to be working for me, anybody with experience??
I can at least express my frustrating emotions 🏿 with the new (weird) iOS 8.3 emojis , But I'd rather have my emails working...

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: iOS 8.3
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 05:43:44 PM »

Has anybody had problems adding a gmail account to the iOS built in mail app after updating to iOS 8.3?
I've seen it discussed on a few tech blogs, but none of their solutions seem to be working for me, anybody with experience??
I can at least express my frustrating emotions 🏿 with the new (weird) iOS 8.3 emojis , But I'd rather have my emails working...
Just tried and added without any issues...the emojis are so much fun.

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
What is E Moji
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:27:10 PM »
Emoji (絵文字えもじ?, Japanese pronunciation: [emodʑi]) are the ideograms or smileys used in Japanese electronic messages and Web pages, the use of which is spreading outside Japan. Originally meaning pictograph, the word emoji literally means "picture" (e) + "character" (moji). The characters are used much like ASCII emoticons or kaomoji, but a wider range is provided, and the icons are standardized and built into the handsets. Some emoji are very specific to Japanese culture, such as a bowing businessman, a face wearing a face mask, a white flower used to denote "brilliant homework," or a group of emoji representing popular foods: ramen noodles, dango, onigiri, Japanese curry, and sushi. The three main Japanese mobile operators, NTT DoCoMo, au, and SoftBank Mobile (formerly Vodafone), have each defined their own variants of emoji.[citation needed]

Although originally only available in Japan, some emoji character sets have been incorporated into Unicode, allowing them to be used elsewhere as well. As a result, emoji have become increasingly popular after their international inclusion in Apple's iOS in 2011 as the Apple Color Emoji typeface,[1][2] which was followed by similar adoption by Android and other mobile operating systems.[3] Apple's OS X operating system supports emoji as of version 10.7 (Lion).[4] Microsoft added monochrome Unicode emoji coverage to the Segoe UI Symbol system font in Windows 8 and added color emoji in Windows 8.1 via the Segoe UI Emoji font.

The exact appearance of Emoji is not prescribed but varies between fonts, in the same way that normal typefaces can display a letter differently. For example, Apple Color Emoji font is proprietary to Apple, and can only be used on Apple devices. Different computing companies have developed their own fonts to display emoji, some of which have been open-sourced to permit their reuse.[5][6] Both colour and monochrome emoji typefaces exist, as well as at least one animated design.[7]

Source
["-"]

Offline Ephraimh

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: iOS 8.3
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 09:23:48 AM »

Just tried and added without any issues...the emojis are so much fun.
Worked for me after a factory reset.