Author Topic: How to Book a Ticket - We ask, Mavens answer  (Read 786 times)

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
How to Book a Ticket - We ask, Mavens answer
« on: August 27, 2017, 12:58:59 PM »
I hope.  I would like this to be a thread for quick answers to help novices book their own tickets.  What is obvious to the experienced mavens can save hours for any novice or one trying to negotiate new territory.

I wanted to take advantage of the AC crazy fares to E-Y, but was having novice, unfamiliarity issues. 

1.  Is there any difference between booking on Priceline vs Orbitz vs directly with the airline? 
2.  It was too time consuming to check each date on Priceline.  Does that mean I need to check best dates first on GoogleFlights and then go back and forth to plug in those dates on Priceline?  No easier way?

References in a wiki above should be links to any apropos threads (like matrix, google flights, priceline, orbitz, DDMS posts, etc)   TimT?  :)

Disclaimer: I couldn't find one thread to cover this topic.  If so, mods delete this.

Offline Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: How to Book a Ticket - We ask, Mavens answer
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »
2.  It was too time consuming to check each date on Priceline.  Does that mean I need to check best dates first on GoogleFlights and then go back and forth to plug in those dates on Priceline?  No easier way?
Google Flights is incredibly fast and super simple to use, that's why it's always best to start there. When you're ready to book just plug in the dates like you said but there really shouldn't be much "back and forth" as you typically only need to do this once and it's booked. Unless a deal is dying or you're booking multiple itineraries it's dead simple. What sort of easier way were you hoping for?

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile