Author Topic: Please sign petition for KRM to open a branch in Lakewood  (Read 8457 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Please sign petition for KRM to open a branch in Lakewood
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2015, 02:42:47 PM »
I don't understand why you're so against this, it's not like we have an indiegogo campaign going on where people will donate money and nothing will happen and those running the campaign stand to gain. This is a simple petition to prove that people care for something and how much they want it (read the comments on the petition), ain't nobody gaining anything monetarily whether this happens or not. IMHO you're going a bit overboard in putting down this small petition campaign. If you don't want to support it, then so be it, but you're potentially dissuading other people here :(
You are using his site to promote your petition and he is not allowed to comment on it?  ???
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline freddy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2015, 02:52:40 PM »
Actually, I heard that gourmet glatt/evergreen, is moving into the old shoprite. Anyone hear of this?

ETA: some comments on Matzav say this too.
Doesn't make sense Evergreen is already opening by Route 9 @Oak
"Judge me by the enemies I make"

Offline snapit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2015, 03:06:31 PM »
Evergreen is opening at chateau grand and gourmet glatt is supposed to open in shop rite

Offline srf60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2015, 03:10:05 PM »
Oh didn't know that.

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
You are using his site to promote your petition and he is not allowed to comment on it?  ???
Lets leave rational thinking out of this.
I'm waiting for a petition on DDF against Dan.
:(
^^^

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2015, 03:22:08 PM »
Lets leave rational thinking out of this.
I'm waiting for a petition on DDF against Dan.
:(
If he doesn't start answering my PM's you will get your wish. Doesn't he know who I am?  >:(
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2015, 03:30:43 PM »
If he doesn't start answering my PM's you will get your wish. Doesn't he know who I am?  >:(
Maybe he's upset The Count isn't answering his pm's
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2015, 03:37:37 PM »
Maybe change your name?
^^^

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2015, 04:31:11 PM »

Maybe that's why he's ignoring you.

Maybe change your name?

OTOH your username is a dead giveaway.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2015, 04:58:07 PM »
What makes you think that KRM hasn't already considered this?

The biggest factor at play here is demographics. Their ability to retain their low-pricing strategy relies on the astonishing number of customers that shop there on a daily basis coming from all parts of Brooklyn, including Boro Park, Williamsburg, Crown Heights, Flatbush and beyond. Will Lakewood bring in this number of customers? Do families in Lakewood spend as much as of those in the NYC area?

My guess is a resounding NO. In short, if they opened, they would need to raise prices to make it profitable, which would in turn defeat the entire purpose.
Your theory is DOA. It is well known that a number of years ago KRM wanted to open in Lkwd, but was pushed out.

B'H KRM is very successful, and might not have enough motivation to fight his way into Lkwd. Maybe if we beg he"ll reconsider. You never know!  :)

Also Yuneeq's great point
Wow, that's extremely naive.
They have a few stores open already, and you're concerned that their product pricing will go up?
In what world does ordering more quantity cause the prices to go up?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:01:43 PM by Baruch »

Offline PTU

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2015, 07:57:37 PM »
Many frum consumers (sad to say) are blind to the struggles of running a business, even if (ironically) they themselves run a business.

Grocery stores today are expected to be large, have wide aisles, strong lighting, good air conditioning, carry a massive array of foods, open early and close late. Delivery orders are expected to be fast and prompt. The old style dark little corner store with the bucket of Batampte sour pickles no longer exists. Add up these costs, and you will see that many a grocery owner is not laughing all the way to the bank as you would imagine.

Now, since the Kosher food supply hub in the U.S. is in NYC, the farther you go from NYC, the more expensive the food. You pay the cost of the food plus the cost of transportation. Since kosher food products outside of NYC generally don't sell out at nearly the rate of a store within NYC, the suppliers charge the store more per item, which in turn is passed on to the consumer.

Sending out threatening letters to grocery stores in Lakewood will likely result in their service and product selection deteriorating. You will be shooting yourself in the foot.

All the Lakewood grocery stores are a filthy, expensive, mess with vile customer service who for the most part don't even speak English. /rant

Now I feel better

Offline ybeeds

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
    • JewishMusicStream.com
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2015, 07:58:36 PM »
What makes you think that KRM hasn't already considered this?

The biggest factor at play here is demographics. Their ability to retain their low-pricing strategy relies on the astonishing number of customers that shop there on a daily basis coming from all parts of Brooklyn, including Boro Park, Williamsburg, Crown Heights, Flatbush and beyond. Will Lakewood bring in this number of customers? Do families in Lakewood spend as much as of those in the NYC area?

My guess is a resounding NO. In short, if they opened, they would need to raise prices to make it profitable, which would in turn defeat the entire purpose.
Lakewood families spend just as much as Brooklyn families. In general, they aren't very frugal when spending WIC checks and Food Stamps...
My office buzzes to the JewishMusicStream!!!

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2015, 09:33:10 AM »

Did I mention anywhere that he isn't allowed to comment? I asked that he please stop pushing against it, even if he wasn't the owner of the website who am I to tell him to stop commenting? There's a difference between disagreeing with something and actively pushing against something that won't change anything in one's life and may perhaps help a lot of others.
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2015, 09:37:12 AM »
Petitions don't help. They never do. I said the same thing for the various jewish WTP petitions.
There would have been far better ways to spend the thousands of man hours wasted on these things. And there are here as well.

Riddle me this, have you tried talking to the owner of KRM and asking what the issue is?  How about ask if there are 1,000 signatures on a petition if that will be the thing that changes his mind?  Or how about asking how you can actually solve whatever issues there are?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »
Did I mention anywhere that he isn't allowed to comment? I asked that he please stop pushing against it, even if he wasn't the owner of the website who am I to tell him to stop commenting? There's a difference between disagreeing with something and actively pushing against something that won't change anything in one's life and may perhaps help a lot of others.

+1
It seems like there's some sort of equilibrium occurring on this forum.
For every mindless Dan basher, there's a Dan suck up that will trash you if you disagree with anything Dan says.

Just treat Dan like you should treat any forum member (that isn't a troll).
With respect.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2015, 09:54:10 AM »
Riddle me this, have you tried talking to the owner of KRM and asking what the issue is?  How about ask if there are 1,000 signatures on a petition if that will be the thing that changes his mind?  Or how about asking how you can actually solve whatever issues there are?

Good luck getting through to anybody of importance there, if the get wind of a petition that might make them think. That's my thought process at least.
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Online yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2015, 10:00:39 AM »
Petitions don't help. They never do. I said the same thing for the various jewish WTP petitions.
There would have been far better ways to spend the thousands of man hours wasted on these things. And there are here as well.

There have been WTP petitions that have actually changed things, and there are other petitions that have worked.
Why say they never work? That's not true. For example:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/its-time-legalize-cell-phone-unlocking
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/combating-online-piracy-while-protecting-open-and-innovative-internet

The idea of this petition is mostly that it is bringing awareness of the issues,
and showing that we care, and that we will back them publicly if they decided to open in Lakewood.
KRM already showed that they are interested in opening in Lakewood, but had been forcefully stopped.

Maybe 1,000 signatures won't make them open here. Maybe it will.
Maybe another proprietor will see the wide support and not back down due to intimidation.

Just because it's Lakewood, does not mean that nothing will change.

We saw it very recently with the Shabbos march at the lake.
People made their voices heard loud and clear, and it prompted quick change and a public response from Lakewood rabbonim.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:04:03 AM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »
There have been WTP petitions that have actually changed things, and there are other petitions that have worked.
Why say they never work? That's not true. For example:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/its-time-legalize-cell-phone-unlocking
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/combating-online-piracy-while-protecting-open-and-innovative-internet

The idea of this petition is mostly that it is bringing awareness of the issues,
and showing that we care, and that we will back them publicly if they decided to open in Lakewood.
KRM already showed that they are interested in opening in Lakewood, but had been forcefully stopped.

Maybe 1,000 signatures won't make them open here. Maybe it will.
Maybe another proprietor will see the wide support and not back down due to intimidation.

Just because it's Lakewood, does not mean nothing will change.

We saw it very recently with the Shabbos march at the lake.
People made their voices heard loud and clear, and it prompted quick change and a public response from Lakewood rabbonim.

+1
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info