Author Topic: Pride cake  (Read 1995 times)

Offline liosac

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Pride cake
« on: July 08, 2023, 10:41:57 PM »

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Pride cake
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 11:05:42 PM »
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/373853
Nice, I like the way he's handeling the situation. A kiddush Hashem.

Offline Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 11:56:12 PM »
He is the sweetest (no pun intended) individual. When learning on Morristown I have visited several times (he used to give me extras to take back to the yeshiva).

Sad how the left are showing their tolerance...
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 12:14:51 AM »

In his Facebook post, Cohen addressed the argument that an observant Jew can cite Torah as the basis for their objection to serving an LGBT-themed cake. “If I’m being honest, we all pick and choose which sacred texts we embrace and which we ignore,” he wrote. “If by contrast, you CHOOSE to focus on the Biblical texts that exclude people, that denigrate others or are hurtful and judgmental, you aren’t religious. You’re simply a bigot.”

Does he truly think he is speaking on behalf of all Jews?

Online Sam 77

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 05:01:50 AM »
netfree will shut down the politics thread if you dont stop with these style posts

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 10:28:12 AM »
He is the sweetest (no pun intended) individual. When learning on Morristown I have visited several times (he used to give me extras to take back to the yeshiva).

Sad how the left are showing their tolerance...
+1

I remember him opening the bakery for a night learning program that was temporarily homeless.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2023, 05:07:05 PM »
netfree will shut down the politics thread if you dont stop with these style posts
just for the record i doubt there was a hanhala  meeting where they decided to block JS. I assume that when the agorithm's consistently have to block pages bec. of content that they are expected to block ,then the whole section gets blocked. remember it's an israeli filter, a hebrew site like this would have never gotten this far and would've been blocked entirely long ago

Offline mevinyavin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 04:38:17 AM »
just for the record i doubt there was a hanhala  meeting where they decided to block JS. I assume that when the agorithm's consistently have to block pages bec. of content that they are expected to block ,then the whole section gets blocked. remember it's an israeli filter, a hebrew site like this would have never gotten this far and would've been blocked entirely long ago
Hmm, maybe. I would expect the algorithm to block individual pages, but this change was far more fundamental. More likely that when the algorithm blocked one particular page or thread, and it was requested (ie navigated to) so many times that it came to the attention of a tech. They fundamentally edited the main page to lack a link to JS at all (see the pic I posted). That has to be an active change.
TBH, I was surprised that the forum was open altogether... I would have assumed it to be locked by default according to their standards. I'm still surprised someone left the rest open and only blocked JS. (Maybe a Netfree honcho benefits from the forum?)
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 08:34:50 AM »
Hmm, maybe. I would expect the algorithm to block individual pages, but this change was far more fundamental. More likely that when the algorithm blocked one particular page or thread, and it was requested (ie navigated to) so many times that it came to the attention of a tech. They fundamentally edited the main page to lack a link to JS at all (see the pic I posted). That has to be an active change.
TBH, I was surprised that the forum was open altogether... I would have assumed it to be locked by default according to their standards. I'm still surprised someone left the rest open and only blocked JS. (Maybe a Netfree honcho benefits from the forum?)
I don't think its automatic but when a sie constantly has problematic page it probably raises a red flag. its also very possible somebody flagged it as inappropriate. as i wrote this site would never fly in hebrew

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2023, 05:56:05 PM »
You say this like it's a bad thing

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2023, 10:24:41 AM »
Cross posting
Lol

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/373899

Soon, another band among the fascistic “Pride” Mafia next decided to pick on a small Orthodox Jewish kosher bakery. It is the way of the LG(B)T(QIA+) Mafia: Not content to be treated fairly like everyone else, they now insist on coercing every Orthodox Jew, every religiously faithful Protestant, every devout Catholic, every obeisant Muslim, and even every atheist committed to traditional family values into becoming ardent LG(B)T(QIA+) advocates.

Thus we encounter a comparatively small New Jersey bake shop. They are kosher, observe and honor the Sabbath, take challah from the dough (a commandment in which a portion of dough for bread-baking was given as an offering to the priests and today is burned in the absence of the Temple) carefully limit their ingredients to only those permitted under kosher law. They are deeply ethical. They sell challah for the Shabbat, bread loaves the rest of the week, and cookies and cakes. For years predating LG(B)T(QIA)+ tyranny, they even have baked rainbow-sprinkle cookies, something I never understood because all sprinkles taste the same to me regardless of their color. But my wife, Ellen of blessed memory, would never eat sugar cookies without rainbow sprinkles. Either that — or kichel.
And so, some LG(B)T(QIA+) extremists at a “conservative movement” temple chose to celebrate “Pride Month” [sic] by ordering a rainbow cake from that Orthodox Jewish kosher baker. It was not for the purpose of celebrating Parashat No’ach (the Torah account after The Great Flood). The baker quietly explained that he will not bake a rainbow cake. He did not give a reason, but his refusal to give a reason left clear that he will not be intimidated into violating his religious conscience. In Judaism, LG(B)T(QIA+) activity is forbidden. Why? Because it defies the Word of G-d and the evidence of Nature. Nature presumes the male-female union. So does every hardware, appliance, and tech supplies store. And Torah values are unequivocal: Vayikra (Leviticus) 18:22 and 20:13. Chulin 92a-b. Nidah 13b. Sukkah 29a. Nedarim 51a. Rambam, Mishneh Torah, Hilkhot Issurei Bi’ah 21:1, 2, 4, 8. Shulchan Arukh, Even Ha-Ezer 24.

Soon, the broader LG(B)T(QIA+) Tyrant Enterprise sprang into action. Non-Jewish LG(B)T(QIA+) tyrants started posting bad reviews on social media about this kosher bakery they never had patronized. They not only called it pejorative terms but lied about the food quality and service. The LG(B)T(QIA+) Mafia is despicable. Imagine if pro-family people, sick and tired of LG(B)T(QIA+) fascism, were to post hateful reviews of every establishment owned by a homosexual or lesbian.

A small coterie of knee-jerk Jewish Leftists pressured one or two non-kosher temples and their women rabbis and an anti-Orthodox Leftist at a local “Jewish” Federation to announce that they will boycott the kosher bakery. Right? These treyfe fressers (consumers of non-kosher foods and patrons of non-kosher food establishments) announce they are boycotting a kosher bakery?
(I will pause a moment here for my readers and my editor and me to catch our collective breaths from laughing so hard.)
(. . . Still laughing . . .) ( . . . Yeah, and I am announcing a pork boycott at all Orthodox yeshivas . . .)
People who patronize and frequent kosher food establishments do not want LG(B)T(QIA+) anything. We don’t want their “Pride Parades.” We don’t want their rainbows. We don’t want to hear their emotional Masada blackmail about how, if we don’t bake them a rainbow cake, then LG(B)T(QIA)+ teens will commit suicide. Without saying so, when we walk into a kosher restaurant or kosher pizza store or kosher butcher, or even “just” a small little kosher bakery, we actually enjoy exiting the decayed and corroded secular culture for just a brief hiatus, if only to buy a cookie.

Thanks to the heroes who brought their fight to the United States Supreme Court, resulting in the great 303 Creative victory, a small kosher bakery now has a chance to keep baking challahs, bagels, rugelach, kichel — and, yes, even sprinkle cookies — in an environment that is kosher. And the LG(B)T(QIA+) Mafia and their “reform Judaism” and “conservative Judaism” temples and “Jewish” Federations, at which 30-50 percent of the “Jews” are not even Jews, are free to patronize the non-kosher providers they prefer

Offline imayid2

• View Profile