Topic Wiki

With so much happening on DDF, there are likely many gems that you missed because you weren't following that specific thread. Well I say, "no more!" If you come across a post that you feel deserves a wider audience, whether it was very informative, funny, or deserving of being highlighted for any other reason, post it here.

A few proposed rules:

1) You cannot submit your own posts.
2) Provide necessary context.
3) Quote properly and provide links. Don't say, "Yo, check out Dan's post about RC. It's friggin awesome."
4) Let the person know in the original thread they've been "Best Ofed"
5) This thread is only for DDF. One liners, articles, pictures and videos etc. from outside DDF all have their own threads already.

List of a few of them:
"May your flights depart on time, your apps get auto-approved, and your MS never backfire." -MMGFARB
"Please only reply if you can actually answer the question and not litter the forum with useless Sarcastic banter." -Shnozolla
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. You're the broken clock." -Baruch
"Sorry. Look at the bright side I just "bump"ed you" -NafNaf12
"I bribed the Guard $1 at the Anti-Corruption Unit to let me into the building - Just for the novelty." -Suave

Author Topic: Best of DDF  (Read 107478 times)

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Best of DDF
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2020, 05:43:48 AM »
How about PMing it to veterans only. And a "veteran" starts at +290 posts... ;D

On a different note, I don't think we have to go crazy about SD. Being a DD, or a FTaler, is not about landing on the right page, it's a mentality. How many friends did you talk to that gave you the looks when you told them what you do! The fact is that most people would not call again, or even call in the first place.
To spell it out even more, consider the following necessities to be a good DD:
1. Have good credit,
2. Be extremely organized,
3. Be able to spend thousands of dollars,
4. Not suffer from an overdose of superstitious'ness thereby being able to realize that accepting bonuses is not first degree murder,
5. Have the guts to call,
6. Have the guts to call again,
7. To be able to learn and retain lots of information
8. To not feel bad for credit card companies.

And the list goes on.
this
and especially these
4. Not suffer from an overdose of superstitious'ness thereby being able to realize that accepting bonuses is not first degree murder,
5. Have the guts to call,
6. Have the guts to call again,
8. To not feel bad for credit card companies.

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2020, 10:59:39 AM »
When you first open a bottle of soda or seltzer or pop, begin by slowly turning the cap one-quarter turn and wait about 10 seconds, watching for the small bubbles to slow down, and listening as the sssst of escaping gas gets quieter.  Then turn another 1/4 turn, and wait another 10 seconds till it quiets down.  Now open the cap the rest of the way, and look proudly around as you pour a perfect cup.  Don't expect a pat on the back, though, because nobody will realize what didn't happen.  But you'll know. 

Because one day, soon we hope, you'll be at a shul kiddush, balancing a full bowl of aromatic chulent or chili or Hungarian goulash in one hand, and an empty cup in the other, and someone will offer to pour you a drink, and he'll twist that cap quickly, in one fell swoop, and you'll watch as the bottle suddenly erupts, and fizzy, bubbly liquid streams downward, over his greasy hands into your still-untouched chulent or chili or Hungarian goulash, filling the bowl with what now looks like brown soup, which overflows the rim and drips downwards onto your Shabbos shoes, and you'll look up as he sheepishly mumbles "Sorry!  Someone must have shaken the bottle" and you'll think NO, YOU DOOFUS!!!  DON'T BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!  ADMIT THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO OPEN A BOTTLE OF SODA! but you won't say that, of course, you'll just smile kindly and say "It's nothing, I'll get another bowl" and you'll return to the table, only to discover that the pan has now been totally emptied of its chulent or chili or Hungarian goulash, and you'll just sigh.  How could he know?  He's not a DDFer.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline justmeha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 05, 2020, 02:22:34 PM »

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 05, 2020, 06:37:08 PM »

Lol he don't need free credit card bonuses

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2020, 10:26:58 PM »
I want to thank Dan for going above and beyond about the airlines handling of ksml .in the air to lax I'm not sure how much dan want me to share but after emailing JetBlue for us the results came to fruition, borenstens it is thanks Dan for looking out for us and going after them for their policies.btw soda is being served in mint even though they said they dont

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2020, 11:37:44 PM »
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2020, 11:51:10 PM »
My wife must lurk here on DDF, as she made me schwarma for dinner last night.
Why do u think I only lurk?

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2020, 12:35:28 PM »
panic is great, haven't had to shop for toilet paper in months......
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2020, 10:03:35 AM »
People need to give themselves permission to reevaluate the situation no matter how firmly they may have dug their heels in.

If your closely held beliefs are out of touch with reality and if hearing anything to the contrary makes you mad and causes you to become overly defensive and aggressive about your position, take a deep calming breath and allow new information to enter your brain. Nobody will judge you for changing your mind due to changing circumstances.

Online Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2020, 03:13:41 PM »
You should build your Sukkah ;)

And may as well bang the nails in with your head, it'll hurt less than arguing politics.
@ExGingi is this the thread you were looking for?
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2020, 12:48:37 AM »
Thanks, in for one!

A few minutes ago, I finally opened the sealed box it was delivered in, almost 7 years after it was delivered. The battery is charging now; we'll see about shelf life when I try to use it in a few hours.

Warranty is long gone. I hope it works!

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2020, 12:51:46 AM »

I disagree. Nothing worse than seeing a thread like that bumped, only to find out the deal was dead 7 years ago

Online lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2020, 01:16:20 AM »
Clearly I've.... p***ed off too many banks :D

Truthfully, this brings out the beauty of DD, meaning real transparency and honesty

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #233 on: November 08, 2020, 04:31:08 PM »
Airline Execs Hold Emergency Meeting as Key Airline Blogger Turns to RVs

By Yitzy S.

Executives from at least five airlines participated in a hastily-organized meeting aimed at saving the bleeding industry as a leading airline blogging celebrity shares details of his RV-central vacation.

"Follow Me On An RV Trip Out West!" travel and deal blogger Daniel Eleff, who founded Dans Deals in 2008, wrote in the headline of a post on his site.

"4 DDF (DansDeals Forums) members have been driving an RV from NYC to San Francisco this week on a Photo [meeting] organized by [a member]," Eleff wrote in the post. Eleff's post created a stir in the travel world, and a thread was created on his forum site, forums.dansdeals.com, discussing the trip. The growing interest in RV travel, fueled by the open embracing of such trips by travel celebrities like Eleff, have driven airline bigwigs into a frenzy.

"Such rhetoric can be the death knell of a volatile industry," United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby reportedly said at the meeting, which took place via Zoom video conference. "We can pay for huge billboards with images of glistening airplanes, but all that will be meaningless when vacationers see pictures of the beauty of the Grand Canyon through the window of a motor home."

"Making the notion of RV vacations viable will only bring trouble to the airline industry," Kirby's counterpart at American Airlines, Doug Parker, allegedly added. "This, coming from Dan Eleff, is a most formidable threat."

Eleff's site has been ranked as the number 1 travel blog site by USA Today, and he has more than 88,000 followers on Twitter. The site's Facebook page has nearly 40,000 members as well.

Delta Airlines COE Ed Bastian, who seemingly also took part in the meeting, indicated that the group would seek sanctions against the blogging site.

"We all know that Congress is in our pockets," a voice sounding like Bastian's says, in an audio clip leaked to us. "How hard would it be to just shut the [expletive] down?!" the voice said, with notable aggression.

Spokespeople for the airlines we contacted refused to comment, and we are still waiting for a response from Dans Deals.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2020, 11:30:17 PM »

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2020, 01:06:13 AM »

Offline JuryDuty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2020, 01:10:05 AM »
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline Joeymc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2020, 02:42:58 PM »
You save more money if you walk instead of taking a taxi, than if you walk instead of taking the bus.
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Online YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2020, 10:26:36 PM »
In the random posts thread:
Random posts thread title has no period
Random questions thread title has a period.

In the random questions thread:
Random posts thread title has no period
Random questions thread title has a period.

Why?