Author Topic: Hotels.com Rewards Program  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
Re: Hotels.com Rewards Program
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 09:26:41 PM »

You get SPG benefits when booking via hotels.com??? No way my friend. Youre mistaken.

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 09:29:39 PM »
I'd rather take 10% today than a possible 10% of expiring nights next year..

For those that have activity in the account yearly.. Its awesome.. Ive accumulated quite a bit of free nights simply by helping others. Dont disagree about the 10% part. Always gotta try & get the cheapest price at the time of booking no doubt

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 09:31:19 PM »
You get SPG benefits when booking via hotels.com??? No way my friend. Youre mistaken.

You're talking on 2 different wavelengths.

It wont work for SPG stays though. Confirmed. Not sure about Marriott.
Stays never expire. Reward night for sure not.

He thinks you were talking about using the site to book an SPG hotel room, and getting hotels.com rewards for it.
While you're discussing getting benefits of SPG when booking through the site.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 09:32:33 PM »
I used it with spg once and had no issues. Also they have amazing cs. Any issues with hotel and you can just go to them directly and they usually provide a hotels.com credit

Maybe I wasnt clear... There is 2 ways to look at it for SPG properties.. 1) you dont get spg benefits. Even if you put your # on the reservation. 2) you miss out on 2, 3 or 4 times the points by not booking directly with the spg hotel depending on your status. But even 4 times the points as a plat member its still rather worth going through hotels.com for the 10% kickback in rewards IMO. (Probably not though when youre trying to keep status)

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 09:49:12 PM »
You're talking on 2 different wavelengths.

He thinks you were talking about using the site to book an SPG hotel room, and getting hotels.com rewards for it.
While you're discussing getting benefits of SPG when booking through the site.
I understood exactly what he meant. Obviously you can book spg properties on hotels.com, I was referring to the spg benefits.

Offline Jm1248

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 09:50:08 PM »
Maybe I wasnt clear... There is 2 ways to look at it for SPG properties.. 1) you dont get spg benefits. Even if you put your # on the reservation. 2) you miss out on 2, 3 or 4 times the points by not booking directly with the spg hotel depending on your status. But even 4 times the points as a plat member its still rather worth going through hotels.com for the 10% kickback in rewards IMO. (Probably not though when youre trying to keep status)
I can't say what the official policy is. I can tell you for a fact that i stayed in sheraton Miami beach booked through hotels.com and got full Spg gold benefits including room upgrade, late checkout, & a welcome amenity. I doubt I got credited as an Spg stay but I don't recall that tidbit of info

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »
More than once. It wasn't so simple though, that I will grant you.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 09:51:33 PM »
I can't say what the official policy is. I can tell you for a fact that i stayed in sheraton Miami beach booked through hotels.com and got full Spg gold benefits including room upgrade, late checkout, & a welcome amenity. I doubt I got credited as an Spg stay but I don't recall that tidbit of info
Official policy, is no benefits at all.

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 09:54:52 PM »
More than once. It wasn't so simple though, that I will grant you.
+1 I only did it once though and it actually was simple for me. All I did was call hotels.com and add my Spg #. They may have said no guarantees of benefits but it didn't take any effort on my part. I even used the late checkout to extend my fri nite stay till after Shabbos (at 6:30!) so I didn't have to book an extra night for Shabbos

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 10:01:35 PM »
+1 I only did it once though and it actually was simple for me. All I did was call hotels.com and add my Spg #. They may have said no guarantees of benefits but it didn't take any effort on my part. I even used the late checkout to extend my fri nite stay till after Shabbos (at 6:30!) so I didn't have to book an extra night for Shabbos
Good for you! Although that is rare that the hotel was so accommodating on a hotels.com stay. Also most hotels, won't give you any benefits even once the number is added, unless you call them directly to discuss it. Even then, it's not always so simple.

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 01:11:28 PM »
Hey everyone,

Anyone have experience with canceling a reservation with hotels.com after the beginning of the trip because of issues with the hotel?

The room doesn't have AC and phone service and the receptions are very nasty and unhelpful...

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 01:13:39 PM »
Hey everyone,

Anyone have experience with canceling a reservation with hotels.com after the beginning of the trip because of issues with the hotel?

The room doesn't have AC and phone service and the receptions are very nasty and unhelpful...
Yes I do & they are amazing about it. They will first call the hotel about the issues and try to get the hotel to issue a refund. If not they will give you a hotels.com credit. (As long as your complaints are valid obviously)

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 08:40:39 PM »
Yes I do & they are amazing about it. They will first call the hotel about the issues and try to get the hotel to issue a refund. If not they will give you a hotels.com credit. (As long as your complaints are valid obviously)
+1
From what I recall very good customer service!

Offline GTR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 10:24:57 AM »
I've used them this year personally for the best price on a non-mystery hotel in Maui.   I've accumulated a number of other nights from booking low cost options for myself and family members for short stays and it looks like were going to end up a night or two away from the freebie.  Because of the high cost of the Maui stays it's probably going to be worth it for me to "stay" that last night at a very low priced hotel room in order to qualify for my free night.

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 12:04:11 PM »
I've used them this year personally for the best price on a non-mystery hotel in Maui.   I've accumulated a number of other nights from booking low cost options for myself and family members for short stays and it looks like were going to end up a night or two away from the freebie.  Because of the high cost of the Maui stays it's probably going to be worth it for me to "stay" that last night at a very low priced hotel room in order to qualify for my free night.
+1
I mentioned this upthread in regard to not using a percent off code