Author Topic: Marriot Certs for 2 nights from under 2 names  (Read 938 times)

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Marriot Certs for 2 nights from under 2 names
« on: July 02, 2015, 12:39:05 AM »
I am able to purchase 2 Marriot category 5 certs that I need for an upcoming 2 day stay. They are both from different people.

Has anyone ever tried this before - doing 2 nights in a row (without checking out) without the certs being in my name nor the same name for the 2 nights? I am not familiar with the Marriot program so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Marriot Certs for 2 nights from under 2 names
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 02:48:15 AM »
I am able to purchase 2 Marriot category 5 certs that I need for an upcoming 2 day stay. They are both from different people.

Has anyone ever tried this before - doing 2 nights in a row (without checking out) without the certs being in my name nor the same name for the 2 nights? I am not familiar with the Marriot program so any input would be greatly appreciated.
The hotel can definitely set it up for you that way. The only question is what are you gonna say to them, as to why you have 2 different certs both not in your name.

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 01:05:23 PM »
The hotel can definitely set it up for you that way. The only question is what are you gonna say to them, as to why you have 2 different certs both not in your name.
According to the policy are you allowed to book it for someone else without staying there?

Offline TAVI

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 01:06:55 PM »
i'd say that most likely it won't be an issue, as most hotel staff just really dont care, as long as your name shows up as an additional guest on the reservations (that has been my experience so far anyways).

having said that, just in case you fall on an overzealous employee, you should be prepared with a good explanation, and make sure you are comfortable with the slight risk involved.