Author Topic: Short term Jerusalem Rentals  (Read 4436 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Short term Jerusalem Rentals
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 05:44:23 PM »
Both sites working for you doesn't mean you understand how most of the rental business is conducted here. To the contrary, the rest of your statements shows you evidently don't. Something not making sense to you doesn't change  the market

It doesn't really matter how the current market "works".
The way I rent out works for me.

A homeowner looking to rent out their home will see their options and compare why they would use a broker who charges high fees when they can do it on their own through Airbnb/vrbo.

If he offered something different like taking responsibility or a thorough background check it provides some real benefit to the homeowner. Otherwise, if all a broker does is find tenants you can get dozens of them on your own through Airbnb.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »
It doesn't really matter how the current market "works".
The way I rent out works for me.

A homeowner looking to rent out their home will see their options and compare why they would use a broker who charges high fees when they can do it on their own through Airbnb/vrbo.

If he offered something different like taking responsibility or a thorough background check it provides some real benefit to the homeowner. Otherwise, if all a broker does is find tenants you can get dozens of them on your own through Airbnb.
If it works for you them you aren't his market.
Nonetheless you can say all you want and make every logical statement from today till tomorrow but at the end of the day most people use brokers to rent out their apts.
And also many owners don't want to deal with it themselves

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 06:59:52 PM »
Nonetheless you can say all you want and make every logical statement from today till tomorrow but at the end of the day most people use brokers to rent out their apts.
But as we see that most frum people dont feel comfortable renting thorugh the internet. what kind of backround check airbnb do? if they are frum? clean? the only check they do is if you have a cellphone, email credit card etc. i guess theres a benefit ( you can dispute)

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »
You obviously don't understand the new world of rental properties.
oh and btw Israel dont go with the 'New world' they have their own way

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 07:12:41 PM »

I never denied that the current market is the way you described.
But you gotta bury your head in the sand to not realize that the market is undergoing changes.
I see the amount of inquiries from frum people going up every month.

It's not for no reason that you will find many brokers listing on these sites.

From a homeowners perspective, you will probably worry about who the tenants are, and with Airbnb you will save time on that and have peace of mind. You will have to respond to inquiries by yourself but that does not take a long time. Obviously a broker is helpful for that. But I think they need to provide a little more value of they wanna stick around for a long time.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:27 PM »
But as we see that most frum people dont feel comfortable renting thorugh the internet. what kind of backround check airbnb do? if they are frum? clean? the only check they do is if you have a cellphone, email credit card etc. i guess theres a benefit ( you can dispute)

I am starting to get a lot more inquiries from frum families.
The Airbnb $1mm guarantee, automated security deposits, are both great features.

oh and btw Israel dont go with the 'New world' they have their own way

Again, please take you head out of the sand, homeowners and customers will determine what way they will choose. There are many frum people using these sites to book and it will continue growing over time.

Airbnb provides security, great pictures, competition, credit card payments, professional customer service and reviews. These sites will bring the eyeballs that brokers dream about.

Eta: I'm not claiming that there won't be room for brokers in the future, but rather that it will be harder to compete. Also, its not professional to insult potential clients.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:30:53 PM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 07:33:14 PM »

Again, please take you head out of the sand, homeowners and customers will determine what way they will choose. There are many frum people using these sites to book and it will continue growing over time.

Airbnb provides security, great pictures, competition, credit card payments, professional customer service and reviews. These sites will bring the eyeballs that brokers dream about.
I have been using airbnb for about 3 years now. i know what its all about. also you havent answered how the homeowner can verify the renter as being frum. i understand there are many frum ppl using it but there are many non frum/jewish ppl using it.
id like to see how airbnb react to saying only orthodox jews allowed.
on the israeli zimmer sites, some listings state that for shabbos, only shomer shabbas are allowed. try doing that on airbnb. all im saying is that things are different in the frum community.
oh and btw Israel was one of the first or maybe even the first place to have feeder companies to airbnb (providing management) so we see that it is used alot here for sometime now. but things are different in the frum circles

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 07:35:41 PM »
Also, its not professional to insult potential clients.
I'm not sure how to quote two things but ill quote u  "im happy using these two sites" so dont let me take the happiness from you. i guess we're dealing/ attracting different crouds

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 07:45:32 PM »
one more thing. i also offer pictures. i try and get the homeowner to supply them. also i am hopefully going to start offering towels and linen service once the business iy"H picks up as that is one of the most annoying parts of renting out the house, the washing the linen and towels and also the thought that strangers are sleeping on your personal linen.
And most americans living here dont have guest linen, (at least not enough for renting out the house)

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 11:17:40 PM »
I have been using airbnb for about 3 years now. i know what its all about. also you havent answered how the homeowner can verify the renter as being frum. i understand there are many frum ppl using it but there are many non frum/jewish ppl using it.
id like to see how airbnb react to saying only orthodox jews allowed.
on the israeli zimmer sites, some listings state that for shabbos, only shomer shabbas are allowed. try doing that on airbnb. all im saying is that things are different in the frum community.
oh and btw Israel was one of the first or maybe even the first place to have feeder companies to airbnb (providing management) so we see that it is used alot here for sometime now. but things are different in the frum circles

1) You can see from the picture if they're frum and you can also get the guests name.
2) Personally, I'm set up to accommodate non Jews, with locked up cabinets, disabled ovens, and more, but of course I still prefer frum.
3) I'm seeing a steady uptick in frum families that are inquiring about my place so I believe they are figuring it out.
4) It's not illegal to state that you run a kosher rental, definitely not in Israel.
Airbnb is not known for interfering with a hosts personal preferences.

I'm not sure how to quote two things but ill quote u  "im happy using these two sites" so dont let me take the happiness from you. i guess we're dealing/ attracting different crouds

I'm happy right now, but possibly you can make me happier. I might enjoy it right now but maybe later I'll decide to go with a broker. Or maybe I can use a broker concurrently with Airbnb. Any homeowner whether a client or not is a potential customer.

one more thing. i also offer pictures. i try and get the homeowner to supply them. also i am hopefully going to start offering towels and linen service once the business iy"H picks up as that is one of the most annoying parts of renting out the house, the washing the linen and towels and also the thought that strangers are sleeping on your personal linen.
And most americans living here dont have guest linen, (at least not enough for renting out the house)

Don't know f it matters for you, but you should consider professional pictures. Airbnb provides free professional photography. Regarding the linens and towels, management is a whole different business which will always provide value to any homeowner. I think that's a great business direction.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 05:27:18 AM »
I'm happy right now, but possibly you can make me happier. I might enjoy it right now but maybe later I'll decide to go with a broker. Or maybe I can use a broker concurrently with Airbnb. Any homeowner whether a client or not is a potential customer.
Your always welcome! just give us a call or email.

Don't know f it matters for you, but you should consider professional pictures. Airbnb provides free professional photography. Regarding the linens and towels, management is a whole different business which will always provide value to any homeowner. I think that's a great business direction.
Thank you. I already advertised in israel just about the towels, but i'll see if its worth doing the linen aswell.

Offline LuxJeru

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »
4 Bedroom luxury apartment on Divrei Chaim/Sortozkin available all year besides for Sukkos.

Next door to BJJ Seminary!

$200 a night!

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 01:49:35 PM »
4 Bedroom luxury apartment on Divrei Chaim/Sortozkin available all year besides for Sukkos.

Next door to BJJ Seminary!

$200 a night!
Maybe try through an agent

Offline emak

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 09:35:49 AM »
Anyone know of an apt avail starting before Yom Kippur until after Sukkos?