Author Topic: Yehuda57's Brooklyn DDS TR June 2014  (Read 41764 times)

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Yehuda57's Brooklyn DDS TR June 2014
« on: July 10, 2015, 01:10:58 AM »
Like most good TRs around here, this is long overdue. Unlike most good TRs around here, however, this won't have any useful information in it.

I booked my ticket early, so as to secure a good rate. To pay, I left NYC to find a grocery store at which to buy a VGC using my Freedom card during the grocery store bonus period. I loaded the GC into Bluebird, with which I paid for a money order to pay with PayPal as an eCheck.

The long awaited day arrived! I took an Uber to the airport to pick up my SilverCar, which I had booked using 8 stackable coupon codes. The total cost for the day: -$17.44. Dan had already earned me more than $5.

I parked the car in Manhattan using the Icon discount from DDMS, and got another Uber to the Seminar. I was travelling with my older brother, who would think Noi Due is Chinese, Pardes is where only four have entered, and Mike's is probably a mechanic. But he was hungry, and so he settled for the closest food to the seminar - which was at some hole in the wall whose name now escapes (more than a year later.)

The salad he got looked like it belonged at this kinda table:

I got one of these:

It was good.

Then it was time to hit the seminar! As we arrived, we saw it was crowded. Chairs were being pulled out of everywhere to try accommodate the crowd. We were ready for this; it was time for our secret weapon: Plan B.

We went to the check in rep to show our tickets and explain our preferred seating requests, but alas, he had as much interest in our tickets or PR1 status as Dan has for Spirit miles.

At this point someone shouted out, "Does anyone have any cash? I need coins for the meter." Everyone laughed uproariously - I don't know why.

Before we took our seats we were shown the meal selection, which consisted of items such as these:

Looking for something to wash them down with, I made my way to the drinks table and was met with utter disappointment and horror. The soft drink selection was entirely Be'er Chaim. Angrily, I stormed back to the check in rep, who was still half asleep, and demanded he heat up my Pom BYOK. Instead of heating it up, he stared at me for a second and went back to playing candy crush.

I wasn't looking for short ribs, mac n cheese balls or a BLT, I just wanted a non kosher-brand soda. Is that too much to ask for around here?

My disappointment turned to jubilation as Dan graced the stage, and began to enthrall us with the tale of how he had booked his flight to NYC that very day AFTER the plane had already pulled away from the gate. Something to do with living in Cleveland, he can just meet the plane on the tarmac, or something. Oh, and he avoided the United close-in fee by <CENSORED>

The next few hours were filled with tips, tricks and knowledge, like how to <CENSORED> on Priceline and how to <CENSORED> on <CENSORED>, and then something about Avianca, but I don't understand Spanish.

I was upset that he didn't cover some topics, like RedCard, but I realize that's because Target doesn't have a seminar affiliation program. and he's only in it for the big bucks.

He also neglected to mention the upcoming Etihad glitch, though I got that message on 84 different WhatsApp groups anyway. Dan intimated that it was ok to fly airlines other than ELAL to Israel, which proves his inherent Anti Semitisim, and he also mentioned travelling with his wife - which I found inappropriate.

These misgivings notwithstanding, I truly enjoyed the main portion of the evening, and joined the crowd in asking for an encore. He gladly obliged us, though strangely by bursting into Yesh Tikvah.

It was now time for the Q and A, which is where I got to have an impromptu DO. Something Fishy (I knew it was him - he was 13 feet tall, had a camera around his neck, and a Go Pro mounted on his forehead) was chatting with a couple of guys, and missed a question from the crowd that caused Dan and many others to laugh. He asked me what the joke was, and I managed to repeat it, though hopelessly gushing at the chance to speak to this DDF hero. I was too shy to introduce myself as the 57th Yehuda on the forum, but he wouldn't have recognized the name in any case.

Before I finish this TR, I want to say thank you to Dan for the seminar and DD - apart from the glitches I have taken advantage of - Expedia to Vegas,  Delta to LAX, Etihad to JNB (I booked but had to cancel Elal to TLV), My family and I have accrued millions of points which have enabled us to create family reunions and memorable vacations which we most certainly would not have been able to without DD. I seriously cannot thank you enough.

And thanks to all the helpful folk here on DDF for putting up with my questions, and sharing so much knowledge.

Offline ah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Yehuda57's Brooklyn DDS TR June 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 01:24:36 AM »
Not easy to get me to ALOL good job.

Offline yitrap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Yehuda57's Brooklyn DDS TR June 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 01:41:09 AM »
, loved this line.

Pardes is where only four have entered.

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 01:46:34 AM »
Very funny, good job

Offline MosheD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 02:13:55 AM »
Lol
Well written

Online avadah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 05:46:46 AM »
Best TR!

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 09:20:51 AM »
Nicely done!
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 09:26:23 AM »

You didn't need to cross the Verrazano to get to the DDS?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 09:31:23 AM »

You didn't need to cross the Verrazano to get to the DDS?
See, now this is a joke from a later DDS, I believe. Another thing Dan deprived us of.

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 09:35:45 AM »

See, now this is a joke from a later DDS, I believe. Another thing Dan deprived us of.

Oh, you're right, I heard about it at the Brooklyn DDS 11/14

My apologies. I didn't mean to bring up a sore topic.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 09:38:37 AM »
Alol, nicely done.
Verazzano was definitely in this DDS though.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 09:45:22 AM »
Nicely done.  :D
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 09:50:45 AM »
Alol, nicely done.
Verazzano was definitely in this DDS though.

Damn. Coming up blank. Even reread my notes!  :(

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 10:04:20 AM »
Been in the rotation since DDS 2
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 10:15:04 AM »
Hey folks, I would never ASK for a PM about such sensitive info. That wouldn't be right.

Offline BerB

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »
Yeah, so I'm the brother that Yehuda (the 57th) so graciously threw under the bus WRT my foodie cred :-[. Now, when I have serious questions on these forums, noone will take me seriously.

That aside, his review was spot on except that he missed one thing (besides the Verazzano thing - can someone pretty pleeeez enlighten him?):
When Dan spoke about his airport escapades in Cleveland, we were both ready to just walk out of the whole seminar. I mean nobody, NOBODY, cares about Cleveland. Could you please stop talking about it already?!??!!!!1

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 12:55:11 PM »
Yeah, so I'm the brother that Yehuda (the 57th) so graciously threw under the bus WRT my foodie cred :-[. Now, when I have serious questions on these forums, noone will take me seriously.

That aside, his review was spot on except that he missed one thing (besides the Verazzano thing - can someone pretty pleeeez enlighten him?):
When Dan spoke about his airport escapades in Cleveland, we were both ready to just walk out of the whole seminar. I mean nobody, NOBODY, cares about Cleveland. Could you please stop talking about it already?!??!!!!1

Did you hear? Cleveland was DEHUBBED! Oh the horror! Blah blah Lebron Blah choke blah I own a home blah blah

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 01:34:52 PM »
funny TR

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 02:57:09 PM »

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/67740#comment-1233144
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/57125#comment-1207700