Author Topic: Amex shut my Serve account!  (Read 13163 times)

Offline kangarruu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Amex shut my Serve account!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »
Ok now they told me that they will not be returning the funds to me but instead they're going to give it over to the state, and I'll be able to get the money in December! What does this mean Why can't they just mail a check? Will it be a smooth process to get it from the state? Will it help if I make a stink out of it ie; complain to the BBB, or will that just draw Amex's attention to my accounts?

We, in our sole discretion, may limit your use of, suspend or terminate your privileges with respect to your Account (including your Reserve), Sub-Account, Card and/or Sub-Account Card with or without cause or notice, other than any notice required by Applicable Law. We will only close your Account if there are no funds remaining in your Account (including your Reserve) or Sub-Account, unless you specifically instruct us to close your Account or Sub-Account with funds remaining, in which case, any remaining funds will be escheated to the applicable state in accordance with Applicable Law. Closure of your Account will prohibit your access to the Service.

Offline freddy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 04:53:40 PM »
What does that mean, give it to the state? Why would they do that?
When an issue similar to this happened to me they told me they wouldn't be returning the funds at all but I got a check in the mail about 2 months later. I'd imagine it'll be the same by you-ignore the reps. And I filed with BBB and it got their attention I would recommend the same to you though as a practical matter I'm not sure how much it'll help.
I don't know why they can't just mail a check. Which is the correct business name to file a complaint with on? amex head quarters? http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/credit-cards-and-plans/american-express-company-in-new-york-ny-605/Complaints#breakdown
"Judge me by the enemies I make"

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 05:03:43 PM »
Yes file it against AMEX HQ. And they will mail a check eventually.

Offline 3yummyboys

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 07:00:08 PM »
Serve suspended my account pending further investigation. I had just initiated a withdrawal, will the money be on hold until they decide or will they send the money as usual?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 01:58:20 AM »
Serve suspended my account pending further investigation. I had just initiated a withdrawal, will the money be on hold until they decide or will they send the money as usual?
I had same thing and once I initiated it it went through even though they had closed the account by the time it cleared.
You got shut down over same thing as OP?

Offline 3yummyboys

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 07:52:31 AM »
No idea. They haven't officially shut me down, yet, just asked for lots of docs. I'll send them today and let you know what happens.

Offline freddy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 04:32:06 PM »
Yesterday they told me on the phone that the money was transferred to the state already. But I will have to wait till December to get it. Is it advisable to email the ceo's office? Or will that bring their attention to my accounts and cause me problems?

Offline freddy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 05:21:38 PM »
I just got a call from them, finally someone who could talk English  ::) she said she listened to all the phone calls I had, and one rep made up that the funds will be sent to the state and put it in my file so all the reps repeated it. But in reality they'll refund my cc or mail a check. My question is is it risky have a big refund come from serve (to amex card)?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:45:56 PM by freddy »

Offline freddy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2015, 02:12:16 PM »
I just got a call from them, finally someone who could talk English  ::) she said she listened to all the phone calls I had, and one rep made up that the funds will be sent to the state and put it in my file so all the reps repeated it. But in reality they'll refund my cc or mail a check. My question is is it risky have a big refund come from serve (to amex card)?
A day later she called me and said she saw the reason the account was closed was because they decided that the bank statement was fake because the logo didn't come out clear, but she verified it with the bank so she reopened my account.  :) I then asked for some compensation, she said she'll have to ask "the leaders'  A couple minutes later she called back with a $25 goodwill credit.  :) :) :)