Author Topic: Calling companies for other people  (Read 1402 times)

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Calling companies for other people
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »
A thought occurred to me today.  I, and I'm sure many other people on this forum as well, have called companies pretending to be friends/colleagues/chevrutot to help them get credit cards, deals, cheaper cell phone bill, etc.  Why?  Because we're DDF fanatics and we're just experienced speaking to CSR's, whether it's Chase Recon, Amex, Verizon, the cable company, etc.  So my question is, would it be possible to charge for these services, not for friends per se but friends of friends, the general public?  I'm not saying encouraging people to apply for credit cards knowing you'll be able to recon them into approval.  Rather, I've found that the vast majority of people just don't like calling customer service and are willing to take the (usually small but sometimes $100+) financial hit rather than be bothered with the hassle.  I realize legally this might be problematic but has anyone here ever conceived this same idea or acted on it? 

Offline mclovin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Calling companies for other people
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:28:50 PM »
i think most places let u call up to give permission for someone else to speak on your behalf. that isnt a big deal it only takes 10 seconds so if you want to do it legally i think you would be ok

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:53:35 AM »
Or how about a DansDealsService where you can provide for Dan or his trusted secretary your name, address, DOB, SS#, email, and Dan will decide what's the best for you and do all your 3bm apps possible to get approved according to your CR, and also be enrolled that a DansDeals CSR will apply for you when ever a good offer is in public, do all your spending requirements, do all the matching requests for a minimum annual fee of $___, checks should be made out to Dans Deals Co. 
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline mow

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:20:54 AM »
Or how about a DansDealsService where you can provide for Dan or his trusted secretary your name, address, DOB, SS#, email, and Dan will decide what's the best for you and do all your 3bm apps possible to get approved according to your CR, and also be enrolled that a DansDeals CSR will apply for you when ever a good offer is in public, do all your spending requirements, do all the matching requests for a minimum annual fee of $___, checks should be made out to Dans Deals Co.
I agree , Dan I will be the first one on line . How much would you charge ?

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 01:49:26 AM »
shkoyach gentlemen, remember 3 Sifrei Torah this week.  ::) amaratzus l'gamrei

Offline westman812

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 10:12:56 AM »
shkoyach gentlemen, remember 3 Sifrei Torah this week.  ::) amaratzus l'gamrei
Random breakthrough- Made a reservation on my wife's account and called to add my mom to reservation; I used to pretend to be a woman on the phone, and sometimes would get called out on it. Now, I don't care because if they call me out on it, I can just say I'm transgender, and they are bigots! #gallowshumor