Author Topic: Getting a BCP while already having an OBC  (Read 3491 times)

Offline ttlmmky1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Getting a BCP while already having an OBC
« on: September 21, 2015, 03:43:37 PM »
Looking for some advice:

I've had an uncapped OBC that I've been shut down from a few months back. I'm now on a capped version that I got a few months ago. Earlier this month I applied for a BCP card to take advantage of unlimited 3% on gas. The application was immediately rejected, without even having credit pulled. I called in and the rep told me the system automatically cancelled the app because it thought I had an identical card, but she would submit the application because she sees that's not the case.

The application has since languished for nearly 3 weeks. I've called into New Accounts several times and get one of two responses - either a) You can't have both a BCP and an OBC or b) the executive team is reviewing the application and it'll be another 1-3 days and to call back then.

Today I chatted with Amex to complain about how long it was taking and they suggested I call new accounts back and ask for a supervisor. I did so and the supervisor again gave me the line about the two cards being in the blue family and I can't have both, and they'd be sending me a letter notifying me of my decision. Meanwhile, the application still stands in pending. I know folks here have both cards, so was wondering if anyone has advice regarding my predicament. TIA!