Author Topic: The funny/strange/interesting/random pictures thread  (Read 2758271 times)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Re: The funny/strange/interesting pictures thread
« Reply #4540 on: April 21, 2015, 12:02:33 PM »

From the daf a few days ago. another reason to brush your teeth ;D
FTFY :P

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4541 on: April 24, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »
What do you say CM:
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yitrap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: April 24, 2015, 09:11:03 AM »

What do you say CM:

There are actually shetos that leasid lovo the pig will chew it's cud and be Kosher...

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #4543 on: April 24, 2015, 09:12:11 AM »
There are actually shetos that leasid lovo the pig will chew it's cud and be Kosher...
FTFY
I don't recall seeing anywhere that it will chew it's cud...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:27:38 AM by Achas Veachas »

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: April 24, 2015, 09:18:58 AM »

FTFY
I don't recall seeing anywhere that it will chew it's cud...

I'm assuming you crossed out chews it's  cud?

I don't remember the source I'll try finding it

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #4545 on: April 24, 2015, 09:34:15 AM »
I'm assuming you crossed out chews it's  cud?

Correct.

I don't remember the source I'll try finding it
The source I was referring to was a Maamar Chazal that the Ritva brings in the name of a Medrash (I couldn't find the Medrash) "למה נקרא שמו חזיר , מפני שעתיד הקב״ה להחזירה לנו"

But while looking, I found an Ohr Hachayim (Vaykra 11:7) that says:
הַחֲזִיר כִּי מַפְרִיס פַּרְסָה הוּא וְשֹׁסַע שֶׁסַע פַּרְסָה וְהוּא גֵּרָה לֹא יִגָּר טָמֵא הוּא לָכֶם (ויקרא י"א, ז'): "פירוש, תנאי הוא הדבר כל זמן שהוא לא יגר, אבל לעתיד לבא יעלה גרה ויחזור להיות מותר, ולא שישאר בלא גרה ויוּתר, כי התורה לא תשונה".
So I guess you were right :)

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: April 24, 2015, 11:06:51 AM »
Correct.
The source I was referring to was a Maamar Chazal that the Ritva brings in the name of a Medrash (I couldn't find the Medrash) "למה נקרא שמו חזיר , מפני שעתיד הקב״ה להחזירה לנו"

But while looking, I found an Ohr Hachayim (Vaykra 11:7) that says:So I guess you were right :)

Oh very good, I was wondering about the "Ki Hatorah Lo Tishone"...cause the pig starting to chew its cud could also be an issue but since its a "Teni" I guess that takes care of that...

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: April 24, 2015, 12:01:52 PM »
Achas, what else did you think pshat was? How else would the chazir become kosher?

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #4548 on: April 24, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »
Achas, what else did you think pshat was? How else would the chazir become kosher?
TBH I didn't think much, I just figured it would be Kosher as is.

Tanya explains that the meaning of Assur is that it's "tied" in the hands of the Kelipos, so when Moshiach will come and it will be ואת רוח הטומאה אעביר מן הארץ that won't be an issue...

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: April 24, 2015, 12:07:45 PM »
TBH I didn't think much, I just figured it would be Kosher as is.

Tanya explains that the meaning of Assur is that it's "tied" in the hands of the Kelipos, so when Moshiach will come and it will be ואת רוח הטומאה אעביר מן הארץ that won't be an issue...
So in that case, why not every issur?

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #4550 on: April 24, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »
As mentioned, I never thought too deeply about it.

I'm pretty sure I saw a similar explanation as to how we will be able to eat the Shor Habor if it will be Shechted by the fins if the Livyasan.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: April 24, 2015, 01:58:00 PM »
What do you say CM:

Looks like it's Moshiach Tzaitin
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: April 24, 2015, 02:19:18 PM »
What do you say CM:

It's actually brought down that in Yemos Hamashiach Pig will become muttar because it will start chewing it's cud.

ETA: http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/החזיר_ביהדות#.D7.94.D7.97.D7.96.D7.99.D7.A8_.D7.9C.D7.A2.D7.AA.D7.99.D7.93_.D7.9C.D7.91.D7.95.D7.90

Quite possible that it will happen though genetic modification.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:36:16 PM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: April 24, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »
http://dafnotes.blogspot.com/2009/06/pigs-in-future.html

The Chasam Sofer cites the following question from the Rav in Frankfurt: Chazal write that a pig is called a “chazir,” for in the future, Hashem will reverse the prohibition of the pig and it will be permitted. If so, according to those Rishonim, pig should be regarded as “something which can become permitted”?

The Chasam Sofer answers based upon that which was written in the Toldos Yitzchak: The Torah forbids animals that do not have split hooves, or those that do not chew their cud because those animals are naturally conceited; they trample with their feet and they have a poison inside of them, which is extremely dangerous for a Jew to eat. The animals that do not digest their food easily and they are compelled to chew their cud; those animals are permitted to eat.

If so, explains the Chasam Sofer, there will be no change in halacha regarding the pig. It was forbidden and will remain forbidden. Rather, Hashem will change the nature of the pig and it will begin to chew its cud. That is why it will be permitted then. Accordingly, the only pigs that will be permitted then, are those that will be born after this change occurs; however, the pigs that were in existence prior to that will remain forbidden. This is why a pig is not classified as “something which can become permitted.”

The Midrash is quoted as saying "Why is its name called chazir? Because the Holy Name Blessed Be He will return it to Israel."

A lot of commentaries learn this non literally (see here and here and here for examples). Others learn it literally. The Or Hachayim (Vayikrah 11:7), for example, says that when Moshiach comes the nature of the pig will change, and it will start chewing its cud. It will then have Kosher Simanim and be kosher.

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but perhaps when Moshiach comes the pig will be genetically modified (at least according to the commentaries that take it literaly), and be kosher.

Here's an essay based on the teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, discussing why specifically the pig will become kosher again, more than any other non-kosher animal.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: April 24, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »

תנו רבנן, בגד שאבד בו כלאים וכו' אבל עושה ממנו תכריכין למת. אמר רב יוסף, זאת אומרת מצות בטלות לעתיד לבא (-ולכן מלבישין את המת בשעטנז), א"ל אביי, ואי תימא רב דימי, והא א"ר מני א"ר ינאי לא שנו אלא לספדו (-ואין זו לבישה גמורה), אבל לקוברו אסור (-מפני שהיא לבישה גמורה, ואיסור יש בדבר גם למת). אמר לו, לאו איתמר עלה, אמר רבי יוחנן אפילו לקוברו, ורבי יוחנן לטעמיה, דאמר רבי יוחנן מאי דכתיב (תהלים פח, ו) 'במתים חפשי', כיון שמת אדם נעשה חפשי מן המצות ( נדה סא ע"ב).
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #4555 on: April 24, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline koplonko

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: April 26, 2015, 10:44:08 AM »
תנו רבנן, בגד שאבד בו כלאים וכו' אבל עושה ממנו תכריכין למת. אמר רב יוסף, זאת אומרת מצות בטלות לעתיד לבא (-ולכן מלבישין את המת בשעטנז), א"ל אביי, ואי תימא רב דימי, והא א"ר מני א"ר ינאי לא שנו אלא לספדו (-ואין זו לבישה גמורה), אבל לקוברו אסור (-מפני שהיא לבישה גמורה, ואיסור יש בדבר גם למת). אמר לו, לאו איתמר עלה, אמר רבי יוחנן אפילו לקוברו, ורבי יוחנן לטעמיה, דאמר רבי יוחנן מאי דכתיב (תהלים פח, ו) 'במתים חפשי', כיון שמת אדם נעשה חפשי מן המצות ( נדה סא ע"ב).
In that case, what's the uniqueness of chazir? And why should it start chewing it's cud and not just become mutar because מצוות בטלות?

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: April 26, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: April 27, 2015, 11:32:34 PM »
http://dafnotes.blogspot.com/2009/06/pigs-in-future.html

The Chasam Sofer cites the following question from the Rav in Frankfurt: Chazal write that a pig is called a “chazir,” for in the future, Hashem will reverse the prohibition of the pig and it will be permitted. If so, according to those Rishonim, pig should be regarded as “something which can become permitted”?

The Chasam Sofer answers based upon that which was written in the Toldos Yitzchak: The Torah forbids animals that do not have split hooves, or those that do not chew their cud because those animals are naturally conceited; they trample with their feet and they have a poison inside of them, which is extremely dangerous for a Jew to eat. The animals that do not digest their food easily and they are compelled to chew their cud; those animals are permitted to eat.

If so, explains the Chasam Sofer, there will be no change in halacha regarding the pig. It was forbidden and will remain forbidden. Rather, Hashem will change the nature of the pig and it will begin to chew its cud. That is why it will be permitted then. Accordingly, the only pigs that will be permitted then, are those that will be born after this change occurs; however, the pigs that were in existence prior to that will remain forbidden. This is why a pig is not classified as “something which can become permitted.”

The Midrash is quoted as saying "Why is its name called chazir? Because the Holy Name Blessed Be He will return it to Israel."

A lot of commentaries learn this non literally (see here and here and here for examples). Others learn it literally. The Or Hachayim (Vayikrah 11:7), for example, says that when Moshiach comes the nature of the pig will change, and it will start chewing its cud. It will then have Kosher Simanim and be kosher.

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but perhaps when Moshiach comes the pig will be genetically modified (at least according to the commentaries that take it literaly), and be kosher.

Here's an essay based on the teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, discussing why specifically the pig will become kosher again, more than any other non-kosher animal.

Very interesting, but why does he assume that only pigs born later will begin chewing cud and not the pigs already in existence?

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: April 27, 2015, 11:32:46 PM »