Author Topic: Tech Help for Microcell and (possibly related) Internet Problems  (Read 653 times)

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
A few weeks ago I "upgraded" my Verizon fios internet service. Since then, I have problems.

1. First of all, the upgrade was supposedly to speeds of 75/75. The speed tests on various computers in the house show no better than 30/30. But this is the least of my worries.

2. Since the "upgrade" my wi-fi signal got weaker! I used to be able to get a strong signal upstairs on the third floor. Now I can only get strong wi-fi on the first floor!

3. Also, right around the same time as this Verizon "upgrade," my AT&T microcell stopped working! Is it related? I don't know but I have spent countless HOURS now on phone and chats with AT&T as well as researching online! I am sick of it! I literally get ZERO cell phone reception in my house. I have to go drive half a mile to even see my texts. Anyway, the microcell was fine for two years then suddenly... it's hard to think it's not related to the Verizon issues.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time dealing with this. I need to speak to some smart people, hence, I turn to DDF.

Offline PTU

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Help for Microcell and (possibly related) Internet Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:26:43 AM »
I can't help you, but I can confidently say that I hate Verizon also.

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Help for Microcell and (possibly related) Internet Problems
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
I can't help you, but I can confidently say that I hate Verizon also.
:) You're a sweetheart for sharing your moral support.

Any advice? Either from a tech perspective or from a how-to-yell-at-customer-service perspective?