Author Topic: Shana Rishona In Israel - Tips?  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Mklovin24

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Shana Rishona In Israel - Tips?
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:28:08 PM »
Hi All,

My wife and I were about to sign a 2 year lease on a rental and move in, but then there was additional work to be done and the thought popped in to our heads - why not move to Israel?
I can work from anywhere and she doesn't love her job. Additionally, it would be a great time for us to get away from in-laws and spend some time working on the spiritual side of things and setting the foundation for our marriage.

Anyways - Looking for some info from those who have done it or from people who live there.
What worked? Any tips on a smooth transition? 
What was essential that you missed in the planning process?

What neighborhood you would recommend? = Some background - My wife grew up conservative went to Neve for 4 months about two years ago and will likely be learning in some type of seminary program similar to Neve. (Har Nof)
I'll do some learning in the morning and work American hours.
We are on our way to being SS and SK and would love to be in a community environment that supports that kind of growth and has a young couple appeal.

TIA!

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Shana Rishona In Israel - Tips?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:31:50 PM »
Hi All,

My wife and I were about to sign a 2 year lease on a rental and move in, but then there was additional work to be done and the thought popped in to our heads - why not move to Israel?
I can work from anywhere and she doesn't love her job. Additionally, it would be a great time for us to get away from in-laws and spend some time working on the spiritual side of things and setting the foundation for our marriage.

Anyways - Looking for some info from those who have done it or from people who live there.

What neighborhood you would recommend? = Some background - My wife grew up conservative went to Neve for 4 months about two years ago and will likely be learning in some type of seminary program similar to Neve. (Har Nof)
We are on our way to being SS and SK and would love to be in a community environment that supports that kind of growth and has a young couple appeal.

TIA!
i dont have answers for you, but regardless, i wish you both lots of hatzlacha

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 03:40:53 PM »
Hi All,

TIA!
Beautiful! I wish you much success, tho I don't have any knowledge about living in Israel.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 03:47:26 PM »
Hi All,

TIA!
Making aliya or just for a couple months/years? I can't direct you to any specific neighborhood but can help with any other living in Israel related questions. Feel free to pm me

Offline Mklovin24

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
Making aliya or just for a couple months/years? I can't direct you to any specific neighborhood but can help with any other living in Israel related questions. Feel free to pm me

Hopefully a full year..but you never know.
I'll send you a message.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 06:52:36 PM »
Shapell's has great programs g for men and women. If you need help getting in touch with someone there, I may be able to help
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 07:19:48 PM »
Shapell's has great programs g for men and women. If you need help getting in touch with someone there, I may be able to help
+1

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 02:41:55 AM »
I wish you and your spouse all the best, and success on your spiritual journey,.
Life is as good as you make it...