Author Topic: Jonathon pollard to be released!!  (Read 7806 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathon pollard to be released!!
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
He did the crime and did the time. Our system worked in this case and now it is time to move on.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline avremie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 04:26:19 PM »
JP damaged the reputation of all Jews working with sensitive information, now we are all always suspected of dual loyalty.
In addition we are now seeing the issue of Israeli espionage brought to the forefront of the news which can damaged the Israeli position on Iran deal. I wonder if Obama will find a way to bring up USS Liberty.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 04:43:17 PM »
JP damaged the reputation of all Jews working with sensitive information, now we are all always suspected of dual loyalty.
In addition we are now seeing the issue of Israeli espionage brought to the forefront of the news which can damaged the Israeli position on Iran deal. I wonder if Obama will find a way to bring up USS Liberty.

There are three points to be made about Pollard:

• He was a spy who passed classified information to Israel.
  • He was framed for a casualty which he did not cause.
  • There is possibly something that he did which the U.S. government does not want to disclose

Much of the outcry has been about #2. I don't believe people contested #1.

If #3 is true, then we will only know once this information is declassified.

In short, it was believed that Pollard caused all the CIA operatives in Russia to be exposed and subsequently killed. It was later discovered that two gentiles, one working in the CIA and one in the FBI were the ones that exposed the CIA operatives, not Pollard. It was further discovered that Pollard did not even have access to the files on the CIA operatives.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 05:16:33 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Three-decades-of-US-lies-about-Jonathan-Pollard-unmasked-392355
interesting. hadn't realized the cloud had been lifted.
likely the 'real' reason this (previously scheduled) parole hearing was not rejected like all the previous ones

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 05:28:32 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Three-decades-of-US-lies-about-Jonathan-Pollard-unmasked-392355
likely the 'real' reason this (previously scheduled) parole hearing was not rejected like all the previous ones
What cloud has been lifted. All a bunch of mumble jumble. He is convicted spy the received a life sentence. He should be grateful he is getting out.

Offline eugene

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 05:30:55 PM »
Thelakewoodscoop has a post up about the wonderful news and how they were the first to break the news.
I submitted a comment to that post, which I am pasting below.

A little while later my IP was banned from their site.  "Your IP is Banned by the Administrator."

Can I get some feedback if in fact my comment was that bad? I agree that it may have been a bit too harsh but does it really deserve being banned? Maybe I was right?

My points are simply 1) Better to focus on the happy news of Jonathan's pending release than to make this into a we-were-the-first thing and 2) They write that Jonathan's
relatives and others requested that they take it down. Why then did they not first contact them to see if it is OK to release. After all it is a sensitive situation.

Banned.

Eugene says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
JULY 28, 2015 AT 2:27 PM

So it’s all about who reported it first. At least you admit it. I think it’s important not to get caught up in who gets the credit for posting it first. That’s self serving. Why not focus on the good news that Jonathan is finally set to be released? It’s bad journalism and it’s bad middos.
Secondly, if you were number one, why did you not first contact Mrs. Pollard to see if it is appropriate to post such information or if it’s better to hold off? After all it is a delicate issue, and being first to report the news is certainly less important than making sure that you are not causing any kind of damage in the process.
I look forward to a clear response. Thank you.
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 05:36:28 PM »

There is something very peculiar about the fact that anyone involved in national security does not want Pollard to be released.

Clinton was about to release Pollard in 1998 and he changed his mind when the CIA director George Tenet said he is going to quit if Pollard is released. Donald Rumsfeld is also fiercely opposed to Pollard's release.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but something stinks. Pollard must have done more than what has been publicized.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 05:41:04 PM »
I am not a conspiracy theorist, but something stinks. Pollard must have done more than what has been publicized.
You think.  ;)

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2015, 05:59:47 PM »
Thelakewoodscoop has a post up about the wonderful news and how they were the first to break the news.

A little while later my IP was banned from their site.  "Your IP is Banned by the Administrator."

Can I get some feedback if in fact my comment was that bad? I agree that it may have been a bit too harsh but does it really deserve being banned? Maybe I was right?

My points are simply 1) Better to focus on the happy news of Jonathan's pending release than to make this into a we-were-the-first thing and 2) They write that Jonathan's
relatives and others requested that they take it down. Why then did they not first contact them to see if it is OK to release. After all it is a sensitive situation.

Banned.

Eugene says:

So it’s all about who reported it first. At least you admit it. I think it’s important not to get caught up in who gets the credit for posting it first. That’s self serving. Why not focus on the good news that Jonathan is finally set to be released? It’s bad journalism and it’s bad middos.
Secondly, if you were number one, why did you not first contact Mrs. Pollard to see if it is appropriate to post such information or if it’s better to hold off? After all it is a delicate issue, and being first to report the news is certainly less important than making sure that you are not causing any kind of damage in the process.
Welcome to (some) Lakewood!!!
Its sensorship and its down right blasphemous!
To tell you the truth they really don't care about who posted It first. at the end of the day all they care about is that they make money. welcome to (some) Lakewood
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:23:07 PM by grodnoking »
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2015, 06:16:06 PM »
Welcome to Lakewood!!!
Its sensorship and its down right blasphemous!
To tell you the truth they really don't care about who posted It first. at the end of the day all they care about is that they make money. welcome to Lakewood
:-\:o
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2015, 06:16:56 PM »
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 06:22:07 PM »
Sorry. Dont take it back thou
that's below worthless and you're not sorry for badmouthing a large community. You must have learned tons from tisha bav.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 06:23:26 PM »

Banned.

Eugene says:

Check back in a bit, I don't think your banned. They just have a buggy website. It's happened to me in the past

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
Reportedly the terms of the parole deal are that he must remain in the US for 5 years. Could get messy if he tries to violate that.

ETA: or maybe not. Reports are conflicting on this right now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:30:25 PM by aradisc »

Offline kracked dude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2015, 06:30:40 PM »
Check back in a bit, I don't think your banned. They just have a buggy website. It's happened to me in the past
+1000
Ive been "banned"  numerous times, all fixed by turning my mobile data off and back on.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 06:34:51 PM »
Ive been "banned"  numerous times, all fixed by turning my mobile data off and back on.
That gives you a different IP so that can be why.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 10:38:37 PM »
What cloud has been lifted. All a bunch of mumble jumble. He is convicted spy the received a life sentence. He should be grateful he is getting out.
The 'cloud' I was talking about was the security blackout on the Weinberger Declaration.
evidently it's now more difficult for the security officials to object "because we said so" (i.e. invoking classified, undiscloseable -and thereby impossible to defend against- security threat), regardless of whether or not they still feel that way.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »

Banned.

Eugene says:

Any news site would have done that, he's building a news site. Part of what attracts more people is the ability to post first and there's nothing wrong with playing it up. I'm not sure why something which was going to become public anyways needs approval from his family.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2015, 11:27:06 PM »
Any news site would have done that, he's building a news site. Part of what attracts more people is the ability to post first and there's nothing wrong with playing it up. I'm not sure why something which was going to become public anyways needs approval from his family.
It doesn't, but that's what's wrong with the media, shoot first and ask questions later without research. It's how cnn spent ten minutes on the isis flag at the English gay pride parade.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2015, 11:47:46 PM »

Nothing conspiracy theorist to that.  That's always been the most logical explanation.  The sense that a lot of frum people/ papers give that he should really only been in jail for a couple of years but instead got life bc of anti semitism is ridiculous