Author Topic: So Called Orthodox Jew Stabs 6 at parade in Jerusalem  (Read 33342 times)

Offline doodle

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: So Called Orthodox Jew Stabs 6 at parade in Jerusalem
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 04:51:53 PM »
that does not excuse Anyone from taking the law into his own hands.
 and if a stranger hits your wife / daughter   NEVER EVER beat up the attacker. wait for the police..
Salt Is Good

Offline doodle

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 04:52:46 PM »
Source?
are you sober??   
 Bible .. Leviticus ..
Salt Is Good

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »
are you sober??   
 Bible .. Leviticus ..

Chapter and verse please.

Where do you see here about killing "gay" people?
Quote from: Mishna Eduyot
ח,ז  אמר רבי יהושוע, מקובל אני מרבן יוחנן בן זכאי ששמע מרבו ורבו מרבו, הלכה למשה מסיניי, שאין אלייהו בא לטמא ולטהר, לרחק ולקרב, אלא לרחק את המקורבין בזרוע, ולקרב את המרוחקין בזרוע.  משפחת בית צריפה הייתה בעבר הירדן, וריחקה בן ציון בזרוע; ועוד אחרת הייתה שם, וקירבה בן ציון בזרוע.  כגון אלו--אלייהו בא לטמא ולטהר, לרחק ולקרב.  רבי יהודה אומר, לקרב, אבל לא לרחק.  רבי שמעון אומר, להשוות את המחלקות.  וחכמים אומרין, לא לרחק ולא לקרב, אלא לעשות שלום בעולם--שנאמר "הנה אנוכי שולח לכם, את אלייה הנביא--לפני, בוא יום ה', הגדול, והנורא.  והשיב לב אבות על בנים" (מלאכי ג,כג-כד).

Also, what happened to יתמו חטאים ולא חוטאים
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline doodle

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 05:13:40 PM »
In the days of Moshiach ANY jew who does the G**  act will be killed by Bais Din .
your mishna has no relevance to this at all.
Please ask your Rabbi to show you the relevant Rambam.
you can also look in a english siddur in the Shmoneh Esray at the blessing for restoring our judicial system.
Salt Is Good

Offline doodle

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »
or PM me and I will try to write you a list of sources in English you can look up.
Salt Is Good

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 05:29:39 PM »
i agree that a parade is not proof they sinned. and the circumstances of Pinchos require to be caught...
HOWEVER there is perspective issue here. why are we jumping on the man who took the law into his own hands??
these people are proudly marching that they do one of the worst sins in the Bible. When Moshiach comes g*y ppl WILL be stoned to death. YOU pray every day that Moshiach comes. so do I.
First off, they'll actually be beheaded, not stoned (non jews are never stoned in jewish law, only beheaded). And the reason people get so upset about this, calling him "a pretend Jew" etc. is because they've been deeply influenced by secular values, specifically the core Western value of "no violence". As a result, when they see the march, which is people actively flouting their disdain for a great sin, one of the only ones that the Torah calls an "abomination", it doesn't mean as much to them, as some guy who goes around stabbing people, who did something stupid, but transgressed no more than a "lo saaseh". He si the guy who's making a chillul Hashem, he's a pretned Jew, not them, because he was violent, and western minds abhor violence. You on the other hand, are approaching it from a Torah perspective, not that this guy is right, but that the marchers are even worse. And you're right-under some circumstances, if this guy was an upstanding yerei shamayim, there may be reason to compare him to Pinchas, though I don't know if the case, nor do I think it was a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:34:14 PM by Aj3042 »

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 05:33:16 PM »
Chapter and verse please.

Where do you see here about killing "gay" people?
Also, what happened to יתמו חטאים ולא חוטאים
One of the core beliefs of God fearing Jews is that the torah never changes, even after moshiach comes (one of the places Christianity and Shabesai Tzvi, for example, erred). The din is that non Jews who engage in that are chayav misah-that's fact. Please don't tell me you're actually bringing down that Mishna as some way of contradicting this most important belief because that's most certainly not what it means.

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 05:33:34 PM »
First off, they'll actually be beheaded, not stoned. And the reason people get so upset about this, calling him "a pretend Jew" etc. is because they've been deeply influenced by secular values, specifically the core Western value of "no violence". As a result, when they see the march, which is people actively flouting their disdain for a great sin, one of the only ones that the Torah calls an "abomination", it doesn't mean as much to them, as some guy who goes around stabbing people, who did something stupid, but transgressed no more than a "lo saaseh". He si the guy who's making a chillul Hashem, he's a pretned Jew, not them, because he was violent, and western minds abhor violence. You on the other hand, are approaching it from a Torah perspective, not that this guy is right, but that the marchers are even worse. And you're right-under some circumstances, if this guy was an upstanding yerei shamayim, there may be reason to compare him to Pinchas, though I don't know if the case, nor do I think it was a good thing.
gay is sekila not hereg

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 05:36:05 PM »
gay is sekila not hereg
Incorrect. It's skilah for a Jew, hereg for a goy. All of the 7 mitzvos are punishable by hereg, as the Gemara states in sanhedrin and the Rambam paskens. There is no misah but hereg for a non Jew. I'm surprised nobody here knows that, though it's a technical point and not worth disguising much now.

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 05:38:16 PM »
Incorrect. It's skilah for a Jew, hereg for a goy. All of the 7 mitzvos are punishable by hereg, as the Gemara states in sanhedrin and the Rambam paskens. There is no misah but hereg for a non Jew. I'm surprised nobody here knows that, though it's a technical point and not worth disguising much now.
oh i thought you were talking about the jews in israel

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
oh i thought you were talking about the jews in israel
Oh I thought you were talking about non Jews. I guess we are both right but Jews in Israel-that's much more serious business-so let's focus on that.  ;)

Offline yhaller14

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Sixt plat, national ee, united 1k, hertz pc,
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 05:41:19 PM »
The people at this parade were all jewish. And many of them consider themselves orthodox, and that is orthodox going to a gay rights parade? And priding yourself in being gay. When the midrash in bireishes says that the reason sidom was destroyed is because they were gay. Not because they stole or killed, only for being gay so clearly gay is far more serious an issue then it seems
"In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 05:46:03 PM »
I think he's mentally unstable.

P.s. I wonder how many people would show up to Orthodox Pride parades in e.g. Tel Aviv and Manhattan.
Btw I think you're right about this, and most rational people would probably conclude this as well, at least those who don't right away rush to call him names and denounce his Judaism because their core value of "no violence" have been disturebed.
I also love it how the Jew hating media blares it as "ORTHODOX JEW STABS ETC." and when a Muslim kills 20 people with a bomb or guns, in Israel, the US, or anywhere, it's usually a "gunman", militant", or some other nice name. That's what despicable about this story.

The people at this parade were all jewish. And many of them consider themselves orthodox, and that is orthodox going to a gay rights parade? And priding yourself in being gay. When the midrash in bireishes says that the reason sidom was destroyed is because they were gay. Not because they stole or killed, only for being gay so clearly gay is far more serious an issue then it seems

And no, you just don't get it. A random guy ho stabs these people is far more serious because he was violent and that's the biggest no no of all (even as a joke this way of thinking sounds so comical and foreign from the torah).

Offline Shauly101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dirshu!
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »
they are sinners but his failed attempt to kill is even worse (please note this was a parade but not doing anything like זמרי so he is far off from פנחס for those who mistakenly compared...)
and just to remember לא תרצח is from our Ten Commandments
and יהרג ואל יעבור is for yourself not to mass-kill

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 05:53:01 PM »
they are sinners but his failed attempt to kill is even worse (please note this was a parade but not doing anything like זמרי so he is far off from פנחס for those who mistakenly compared...)
and just to remember לא תרצח is from our Ten Commandments
and יהרג ואל יעבור is for yourself not to mass-kill
Why is one worse than the other? The aveiros of the aseres hadibros have no stringency over other aveiros in the torah at all. I would say what they did is far worse as they did it in public with a large crowd and within them are at least some normal people, while this guy's sanity is questionable to me.

Offline avremie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 06:03:11 PM »
The halacha is הבועל ארמית קנאים פוגעים בו that means the halacha states you may take the halacha into your own hands, there is no such halacha it our case.
2. You need to catch them in the act.
3. Some people are only over a rabanan. ואכמ''ל
4. Some people have never committed such acts but are just expressing solidarity.

I'm not sure why it was actually necessary to put this in writing.

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 06:10:19 PM »
Whatever you're gonna say about the guy, he's dedicated. He was only out of jail for three weeks!
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 06:15:20 PM »
Just for fun...
The people at this parade were all jewish.
Source?

And many of them consider themselves orthodox
Source?

Offline snapit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 07:03:17 PM »
We would only kill someone with proper עדים and התראה

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 09:17:49 PM »

Sdom was not destroyed just because people were gay, a little more than that